• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
isn't it really early in the morning?
I mean I'd be excited too but I wouldn't get up at 6 just for weed bro

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Good for Canada. Hopefully other countries (England here) keep and eye on the situation and see how stupid and archaic their laws are.

I don't use it myself but I can literally see no downsides to it that would outweigh the multitude of positives.

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Overpriced as fuck.
The black market will live on.

it really doesn't seem too out of step for what I paid in Toronto. fwiw.

I am in NS now so I have to go to the LC and get some sort of access card for the website. the older population is being a bit hand-wringy about it but the rules are not terrible apart from the downtown Halifax smoking ban fiasco.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
it really doesn't seem too out of step for what I paid in Toronto. fwiw.

I am in NS now so I have to go to the LC and get some sort of access card for the website. the older population is being a bit hand-wringy about it but the rules are not terrible apart from the downtown Halifax smoking ban fiasco.

bullshit. i can get an ounce from BC, (at least AAA+) straight from grower for $150.

and don't give me that shit about "not knowing what you're getting"

this comes straight from the grower.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Overpriced as fuck.
The black market will live on.

I disagree. I used to buy black market but that all stopped several years ago when I started ordering online from Vancouver. Getting it delivered is so damn convenient and prices weren't that bad on modest bud. I would pay a premium for the really good stuff but that was fine. I buy smaller amounts of several strains I never buy a large amount of one though.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
I work for the UK department of 'just to be on the safe side' and would appreciate any test samples you can send to my flat er LAB! yes, erm, my flatlab2000 'urb testing facilitator so we can... simulate a smoking environment and expunge any unwanted... particulates..?

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
I'm not interested, but I'm not against legalization either. I just wish people won't use it and drive, will respect non smokers and use responsibly.

Deleted member 2625

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
bullshit. i can get an ounce from BC, (at least AAA+) straight from grower for $150.

and don't give me that shit about "not knowing what you're getting"

this comes straight from the grower.

what can I say. I know I was getting better than usual stuff, but a quarter oz was around $60 for me. So around $10/gram is ballpark in my experience. also you are ordering from BC, I was buying local Toronto.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I've been following this from the far periphery. I live in Montreal. How is this going to be regulated? Assuming the rules for public consumption will be similar to cigarettes, and that each company/business will have their own rules for their employees.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I disagree. I used to buy black market but that all stopped several years ago when I started ordering online from Vancouver. Getting it delivered is so damn convenient and prices weren't that bad on modest bud. I would pay a premium for the really good stuff but that was fine. I buy smaller amounts of several strains I never buy a large amount of one though.

the same CBD Mango Haze on OCS I can get for $140 an O lol

but ok

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Can you guys grow your own legally too now though? Cause that eliminates the quality and pricing issue all together.

Yes you can legally grow up to four plants in most of the Canadian provinces... two or three of the provinces said "nope" to that and you are still not allowed to grow your own, but there are expected to be court challenges to strike that down to comply with the federal mandate.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad you can get that I guess but your experience is not everyone else's. Not everyone has access to your source. You are missing the point.

People want a guarantee their stuff won't be laced or have fentanyl in it or whatever

Black market can be trash product and having a legit place to buy from gives people a sense of relief that the product will be good and money isn't going into the hands of gangs

Deleted member 7777

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Expensive, but it's a start. It's early days, I think people need to chill out and the kinks will work themselves out.

I just LEGALLY ordered 5 gs for SAME DAY delivery. What a time to be alive.

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I could probably pay less for it but I didn't really have the time to figure out a dependable source. I was happy with the small selection I bought this morning from OCS, smooth process.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, I could probably pay less for it but I didn't really have the time to figure out a dependable source. I was happy with the small selection I bought this morning from OCS, smooth process.

Surprisingly smooth. If everyone actually gets what they ordered then it's a pretty amazing roll out.

99Luffy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can I order from any website? Or does it have to be in the same province.

I'm in Alberta.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Help me a noobie out. What should I buy on OCS? Also need a method to smoke, and would prefer something not harsh on the lungs

Deleted member 7777

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Help me a noobie out. What should I buy on OCS? Also need a method to smoke, and would prefer something not harsh on the lungs

I don't know what they have available, but if you're totally new I'd suggest something with high CBD (as close to 1:1 as you can get), or a lower THC % (like 10 or under). Search strains on leafly for more info and find something that sounds like what you're after

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what they have available, but if you're totally new I'd suggest something with high CBD (as close to 1:1 as you can get), or a lower THC % (like 10 or under). Search strains on leafly for more info and find something that sounds like what you're after
What is CBD? Says its non intoxicating but why would I want that? Ive smoked maybe 3-4x befofe off friends. Never felt a high except once that lasted a very short time that I thought I was imagining it

Sativa or Indica? Lol https://ocs.ca/

Status
Not open for further replies.