• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would you have liked for RE3 to be in First Person?

• Yes

Votes: 40 5.6%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 83 11.6%
  • No

Votes: 592 82.8%

• Total voters

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope RE8 is first-person. RE3 is going to mostly be a new game, right? So I'd be fine with it being first-person, too, but I'd also be fine with it being RE: Gaiden instead of an RE3 remake. What can you do?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
To answer the poll: I wouldn't want RE3 to be strictly first-person since the original wasn't. I wouldn't mind it as an optional setting though.

However, I absolutely 100% want RE8 to be first-person.

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
Do you know the difference between first and third-person perspectives? Legitimate question.
Classic, fixed camera RE played so wildly different than the over-the-shoulder style of 4, 5, 6 and REmake2 that I think calling them the same is disingenuous even though they're technically both third-person.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Eh I'd rather not play another game with clunky shooting and movement. RE despite being survival horror or not ends up being a power trip in the 2nd half of the game, this was true for RE7 as well where you end up receiving tons of ammo and powerful guns.

At that point the game becomes a shooter more than anything else and RE7 was just not very good there. RE2 had similar kind of ammo management and shooting that worked much better in third person.

Oct 27, 2017
First person games give me a headache (changing the FOV doesn't really do anything for me), so I'm glad they're doing third person so I can play it more comfortably.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Why on earth would they remake a third person game into a first person game?
That makes zero sense and all it would accomplish is alienating a big part of the originals fanbase.
Fuck that, if you want another first person resi game wait for 8.

Last edited:

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
If it was up to me they would still make tank control camera style Resident Evil games like they did on PS1. Hell I would even pay full price for a Resident Evil game that looks like and plays like a PS1 Resident Evil game.

TPS is okay and goes better with the generations that came later in the PS2, Gamecube, PS3, Xbox 360 era so it is an okay compromise for me.

First person would kill the entire franchise/series for me even though I liked RE7. It was more like a spin off for me

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
In the trash, where they belong.

I can't think of a single first-person horror game with memorable protagonists, third-person suits RE just fine.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
There's been so much shit posted on here about what is and isn't Resident Evil since 7 was first revealed

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RE7
Revelations
RE2 remake
RE3 remake

Stuff we wouldn't have ever dreamt of playing 5 years ago.
And yet, there's always something to complain about.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
More than happy to get a first-person Resident Evil 8. Slam a VR mode in while you're at it too.

But with how good RE2's remake was, I'm happy they're sticking with the same style for 3. I know I'd enjoy it still, but would have been a tad disappointed if they'd switched it up for 3.

TwoPikachus

Nov 15, 2018
If I never see another game in first-person it will be too soon.

Except mirror's Edge, that can stay. But we'll never get a Mirror's Edge 3 anyway so...

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
I'm all for adding a toggle if they want, but the original is a third person (fixed camera) game. If they're not gonna do fixed camera (not a problem for me since I don't like it), at least keep it third.

They should totally do RE8 first person next though.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I'll gladly take first person RE8, but thank god RE3 is third person. Let me see that glorious redesign of Jill.
Also since it's more action focused, with dodge move. In first person you wouldn't even see zombies behind you, you couldn't fully use your dodge move lol

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I truly truly hope you never get your wish. I don't want any more Resident Evil games in first person when OTS just blows it away.

Oct 30, 2017
Third person RE is best, especially when you're playing as the iconic heroes.

Pqrotot.gif
This.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
It is a shame that there weren't additional camera options in the RE2 remake. The over-the-shoulder controls were fine, but I would have played through the game even more times than I already did if fixed camera angles and first-person options were available. They would have changed the experience considerably so I can see why they were reluctant to put those in, but it would have been nice to have.

As for the RE3 remake, I kinda liked the idea of first-person and getting some Alien Isolation-type scares from Nemesis. But I think after RE2 this was always going to be the likely direction they'd go in, which I'm more than okay with. Maybe we'll see first-person return for RE8. I'm fine with whatever they end up going with.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not interested in another first person RE; That was the thing that killed my interest in 7.

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
Ya'll whining about first person RE sound an awful lot like the crowd that whined about over-the-shoulder RE4 15 years ago.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
RE7 was a nice return to form but let's be real, it wasn't until RE2 that the old formula returned in all its glory and better than ever. You just can't do things in first person that you can do in third person. RE is a third person series, it should stay there.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
"Classic" RE had 6 games (RE 1, 2, 3, 0, CV, REmake), Action had 3 (4, 5, 6), there is nothing to say that FPS will have another 2.

I doubt they would abandon FPS after the success they had with 7. (Currently 7 has actually sold more than RE2make).

Plus they said this in regards to the series when 7 released:

"We want [Resident Evil 7] to be the start of a new kind of survival horror and of a new series," says Takeuchi, "We're already thinking of various plans for the next game, but we also want to see how we can continue to evolve survival-horror itself. In the next few years, technology will continue to advance and what players want may also change but we will always want to create horror experiences where the characters overcome a difficult situation."

They want 7 to be the start of a new RE series. RE2 and RE3 remakes are not part of that series.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
RE7 was close to a return to form. But RE2R was the actual return to form.
I'm sure RE8 will be in first person though.