• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would you have liked for RE3 to be in First Person?

• Yes

Votes: 40 5.6%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 83 11.6%
  • No

Votes: 592 82.8%

• Total voters

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
If any CAPCOM members/employees reading this, then I could tell you that, by the time I posted this, I never/probably won't ever played Resident Evil 7...

BECAUSE IT'S FIRST-PERSON... : (

If 8 somehow also FIRST-PERSON exclusive...

Then I'll pass that too, unfortunately.

Remake 2 & 3 is amazing, and I could see Leon, Claire, Jill, etc in their own respective costumes.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was absolutely horrified the first 30 seconds of that trailer when it was in first person.

Glad it didn't turn out that way.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
They'd have to make a lot of changes to accomodate a first person view, more so than the camera change to over the shoulder. I'm hoping they stick with a first person view for RE8, RE7 was the best thing to happen to the franchise since RE4.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No thanks. I liked RE 7 but I definitely prefer third person.
I think FP worked for RE7 because it really pulled the audience back into the horror, creepiness and scary moments that many remember from the early days of RE. By bringing you into the characters perspective and making your character an average they really succeeded in making you remember why fans loved RE, especially after the letdown that was 6.

Resident Evil has always had early moments of scares and horror but as you get toward the end of the game you are more confident, have more firepower, so the game gets more action-y. There is a balance. 6 knocked the series off balance, 7 put things back in balance.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I was absolutely horrified the first 30 seconds of that trailer when it was in first person.

Glad it didn't turn out that way.

Me too. I kept wondering if they really went that route, then was relieved when I saw the third-person gameplay later on. I think it was an intentional choice to make it like the first RE2 trailer.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
RE3 Remake in first-person is a big nope from me. But, I would've taken a first-person RE8 over RE3 any day. I expected it to come first.

If RE8 isn't first-person I'll be incredibly pissed off, to be honest.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Resident Evil 7 was great because it was different and fresh from what the series had become. I know 6 has a cult following but it wasn't even a fun coop zombie shooter either, let alone being a great Resident Evil game.

They seemed to have found the perfect balance of 4's gameplay with 2's remake, why not replicate that and push it forward? Resident Evil 2 Remake was also one of the highest rated games of the year for a reason, even better than 7.

Capcom built that third person formula that survival action games like The Last of Us now uses. They have every right to take it to the next level and I hope so.