• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Would you have liked for RE3 to be in First Person?

• Yes

Votes: 40 5.6%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 83 11.6%
  • No

Votes: 592 82.8%

• Total voters

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I don't understand. Resident Evil 7 was the franchise's long awaited return to form, and one of the most praised aspects of that game was the first person camera it pioneered into the franchise.

Or, did it? Because Capcom sure is acting as if this game didn't happen. With RE2, they went with a third person camera which... Eh, Capcom likes to change things up so it's fine. But with RE3, I really hoped they'd change it once again by making it first person and having each of the remakes follow Resident Evil's own history by having the first one have fixed cameras, the second an over-the-shoulder view and the third one by having a First Person camera.

The reveal was such a blue-baller, too. Showing first person footage after everyone figured this was RE3 was definitely a great troll, but they got me hyped for a second there. I hope there's a first person mode at the very least. What do you think?

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Making RE3 in first person would not have been the right call at all. A potential RE8 sure!

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
They're in the same place where Ace Attorney has been for a while now.

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I would have been really disappointed if RE3 was first person.

Then again, RE7 is probably my least favorite from the mainline Resident Evil games.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody actually wants there to be fp in in RE, people actually care about the characters

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The original RE3 was third person so it would make absolutely no sense for the remake to be first person.

If this was RE8 it would be a different story, but keep it third person for remakes.

Deleted member 61002

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
Absolutely not for REmake 3 or 4 or REmake anything
RE 8 sure, fine
But if I'm playing as Jill or any of the OG main protagonists I don't want FPS

mao2

Oct 28, 2017
Please no more first person Resident Evil games Capcom. Let RE7 be the only black sheep of the series.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I would love for RE8 to be first-person, as RE7 is probably my second favorite game in the entire series.

But they should keep the remakes and side-games as 3rd person.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I'm curious if there will be a toggle for RE3 given that the trailer had so much first person perspective. Similar to The Evil Within 2.

I'm not against first person for RE, since I loved RE7, but I think Re2Make was a really pitch perfect game control wise, so I don't want to get rid of 3rd person either.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
My interest died when I saw the 1st person perspective in REmake 3 trailer. It returned when I found out it was still over-the-shoulder.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I'd be down for RE8 first person, but I also think there's a good chance that the degree to which RE2 outperformed RE7 means 3rd person is the future for the franchise.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
The Resident Evil fanbase kinda gives me Sonic fanbase vibes in how fractured it seems to be.

You have some people wanting RE to be survival horror, you have some people wanting RE to be action focused, you have some people wanting it to be third person, others first person, etc

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
I don't like first person shooters and I see no good reason to remake third person shooters to be first person.

Guy.brush

Oct 27, 2017
There was a nice 1st person camera mod for RE2 Remake. Worked pretty good. played parts of it that way. Could instantly switch back and forth as well.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Third person RE is best, especially when you're playing as the iconic heroes.

Pqrotot.gif

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I loved re7 and no problems if 8 were first person, I'd be annoyed if 3 switched perspectives that drastically.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First Person was a major complaint of RE7, I don't think they'll do it again. At the very least not for a mainline game.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
No, I'm glad RE3 is third person. RE8 I want in first, but I feel doubtful that will happen too.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I'm of the mind that the remakes should adhere to third person camera angles. New games can and maybe should be in first person for the sake of variety. I imagine RE8 will be come along within the next 2 years.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
I don't understand. Resident Evil 7 was the franchise's long awaited return to form, and one of the most praised aspects of that game was the first person camera it pioneered into the franchise.

Or, did it? Because Capcom sure is acting as if this game didn't happen. With RE2, they went with a third person camera which... Eh, Capcom likes to change things up so it's fine. But with RE3, I really hoped they'd change it once again by making it first person and having each of the remakes follow Resident Evil's own history by having the first one have fixed cameras, the second an over-the-shoulder view and the third one by having a First Person camera.

The reveal was such a blue-baller, too. Showing first person footage after everyone figured this was RE3 was definitely a great troll, but they got me hyped for a second there. I hope there's a first person mode at the very least. What do you think?
Resident evil survivor did first person over a decade before 7.

Personally I can't stand first person games so I'm glad. Sucks for those that like them though.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Optional toggle wouldn't be a bad thing.

Though the PC version will that that first person mod ala RE2 in a few days anyway.