MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
It's almost as infuriating as reading how James Comey says he'll move to New Zealand if Trump wins re-election.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I always confuse Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel....what's the problem with Fallon making jokes about Trump's presidency? I don't watch either.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
You should stay away from the Late Show with Stephen Colbert or Late Night with Seth Meyers. You may clutch your pearls so hard they'll shatter.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
I think SNL is even worse with their hypocrisy, they had Trump on to host during the primary campaign.

Oct 27, 2017
Ha! Jokes on you, you're not only watching Jimmy Fallon but sharing and signal boosting him too! He's double whammying your ass.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because Trump's presidency is one long painful, terrible joke. Everyone should make fun of it and finally impeach that clown.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
posters seem to...miss what the OP is saying?

He isnt upset that a late night show host is making fun of Trump. He is upset that a man that helped normalize Trump is now acting like hes above that

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
He isnt upset that a late night show host is making fun of Trump. He is upset that a man that helped normalize Trump is now acting like hes above that
This is indeed the context that I was missing when reading lol. Thank you Madison.

Dec 24, 2017
Because Jimmy craves approval more so than any of the late night hosts and he will lick any boot that has a hand to pat him on the head.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many of these late-night talk show "Trump critics" will invite him on years down the line if he manages to make it out unscathed.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Because Trump is the fucking worst president we have ever had? Because hes a fucking moron. Because anyone who supports him is a fucking moron.

take your pick

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017

Then OP would likely complain about how he's the only late night host who doesn't make fun of him.

This whole thread seems predicated on an idea that any missteps are eternal and therefore bind you to a single position.

Oct 25, 2017

Ah yes, the lone Jimmy Fallon is responsible for normalizing Trump. As if the entire damn country didn't continue to give the man a platform for 30+ years despite him always being a grifter and a cheat.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Then OP would likely complain about how he's the only late night host who doesn't make fun of him.

This whole thread seems predicated on an idea that any missteps are eternal and therefore bind you to a single position.

To be fair Jimmy Fallon sucked way before this Trump shit, him rubbing his hair and playing cute with him was just the worst example of it. But he isn't alone in normalizing monsters - look at how the media and celebrities treat Sean Spicer now, who lied to the American people day fucking one before cowering out. In the past year alone, two major celebrities came out in support of Bush as if he wasn't a horrific war criminal. Normalization of fascist ideals is more comfortable to those with money, as class solidarity is the only thing they see.

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
man you didn't just compare jimmy fallon to james fucking comey

a better thread would be "why does cnn/msnbc think its ok..." for all the damage they caused by continuously spamming clips of donalds campaign..... (don't think that would be a good thread either lmao)

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Ah yes, the lone Jimmy Fallon is responsible for normalizing Trump. As if the entire damn country didn't continue to give the man a platform for 30+ years despite him always being a grifter and a cheat.
this is why i used the phrase "helped normalize"

As in, he was part of the people who did so

I dont see how other people being stupid makes Fallon less moronic, especially when he has a gigantic platform

I think that Fallon not adressing politics like the apolitical trash he is would have been infinitely more honest but thats just me

Eidan

AVALANCHE
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
tbh I still don't know the difference
Kimmel is often pretty good, and Fallon usually isn't.

Kimmel came to prominence on Win Ben Stein's Money and The Man Show, Fallon with SNL.

Kimmel has drawn right wing anger over hisfierce criticism of Republican efforts to repeal the ACA and Trump's rhetoric on immigrants. I'm not sure if Fallon has ever taken a particularly strong stance on any policy.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Only time I see Fallon is if I turn over too early for Seth Meyers. Then if Fred isn't his band leader I'll watch something else, because I know they aren't going to do an art historian bit.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Who cares. His show is light fluff anyway. Many television shows also failed this test. CNN practically had him the subject of their coverage 24/7 when he was running for president. The TV and the media's insatiable thirst for buzz paved the way and many are complicit.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least he isn't wearing a MAGA hat and lecturing us about how we need to do more as a people to lift Donald Trump up like some people.