• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So a while back after a thread here about long gone snack foods of yesteryear, we discovered that Planters was selling them in some over seas markets still. I made an attempt at a humorous post about it on their FB page. Planters responded they were working on bringing it back.

Today the Mr Peanut account responded on the same post that they have hidden a brand new can of Cheez Balls on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/i/323296980379

I don't know where this is going. Seems like a weird way to do a marketing stunt. Hopefully we see these retro cans start popping up in stores stateside soon.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cool, usually these marketing stunts are followed by a wide-scale launch of the product. Can't wait to get these again.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Were the Planters brand better than the other ones?

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
God damn, if they bring these back...

I doubt it can live up to my childhood memories.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
They're bringing it back?

011aecfcbd31cefce72aaf512bbec56f.gif

Draconis

Oct 28, 2017
Gods, I remember these. One of favorite all time snacks. Any time I would visit my Great Grandma and my Aunt, they would give me some of these as a child. Some of my fondest memories in life for sure.

Thank you OP for posting this. You just helped bring back some really good memories to the forefront.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they definitely still sell them overseas.

Though they don't hold a candle to these:
image.php

They have something extra without actually being spicy, with the perfect initial crunch as a prelude to the light and feathery mouth-melting cheesiness. I ate an embarrassing amount of these a decade ago.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
THese were my absolute favorite snack. This and PB Max... why did you have to leave us?

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
These things weren't that great. They're just cheese balls, nothing special really. You can get yourself a good helping of just as tasty balls anywhere else.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Gods, I remember these. One of favorite all time snacks. Any time I would visit my Great Grandma and my Aunt, they would give me some of these as a child. Some of my fondest memories in life for sure.

Thank you OP for posting this. You just helped bring back some really good memories to the forefront.

My SO just said, "these things remind me of my great grandma" when i mentioned them coming back lol

OP
OP

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sad to say, I emailed them about a year ago and asked, they said there are zero plans to reissue these. Then they directed me to their other products, like anything planters has made ever comes anywhere close to these.

They said similar to me once before when I asked a out Cheez Balls. Don't give up hope!

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they retained their original recipe. The Utz ones that are still around today are just so much worse.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everybody, concentrate ALL your efforts into that twitter thread begging for PB Crisps to come back. NOW.

VCFL

Jan 24, 2018
I remember my grandma used to buy these all the time. Cheetos in a can and the doritos in a can. Everything was better in cans. Occasionally you can still find the doritos and cheetos.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
In case anyone is wondering what's special about the planters ones: they weren't puffed- they were crunchy.

These days all cheese balls are puffed, and every time I've tried a brand that someone recommended to me, claiming they were crunchy, they ended up being puffed, not crunchy.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Why did they take them away? Dont tell me they weren't selling?

A bowl of these mixed with pretzels was my childhood.I used to eat these while watching GI-Joe, Mask, and transformers.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Hey I'm the highest bidder at $36. They are practically mine with just 3 days left lol!

I wonder if they will ultimately just refund whoever wins and send it for free or give them something else as well.

Edit: And it's gone :(

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
These were totally grandma food. We rarely if ever had them at home, but any time I was at grandma's house she would have a can.