• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Apr 25, 2019
An update for the Chrono Trigger Kingdom Trial sample:

For this sequence

There is a 1921 Circus song with a curvature pretty similar I think

Weary Bones

Nov 7, 2017
SoCal
I hope this hasn't been posted before but may I present to you:

Truck Drivin' Man (at 1.25x speed)

VS

Horse Race
(Zelda: Ocarina of Time)

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Other way round, Slipknot were clearly stealing the Dr. Neo Cortex Theme for the "Unsainted" Bass-Melody ;-)

Cortex Theme:

Unsainted (Instrumental):

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
The beginning melody from the Chrono Trigger "Zeal" theme is basically the same as the Chicago Bulls theme, just shifted up five notes.

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
I was quite surprised to hear this passage in the classic Emerson, Lake and Palmer album Brain Salad Surgery:

(3:56 in case the time code doesn't work.)

I often find these comparisons tenuous but the F-Zero (SNES) theme really would seem to be inspired by it. Definitely has that prog sound throughout the game too.

OsramTaleka

Nov 25, 2020
I have one in the opposite direction.
China Love by Janet Jackson
youtu.be

JANET JACKSON- CHINA LOVE(VIDEO by DivaOriginale4)

OFFICIAL looking video!!!! I LOVE this song, and Janetman1 asked if i could make a video for it. So here it is, a song called "CHINA LOVE" by Janet Jackson

Is Moonlight City Roa from Legend of Mana

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Not sure if there were any similar more recent threads on this topic, but I literally just happened to stumble across this today. A Famicom game called Cosmic Epsilon from 1989 that just straight up made a chiptune version of Psy·S' Parachute Limit from 1988 as its stage 1 theme.

Also fun fact, the head of Psy·S, Masaya Matsuura, is the creator of Parappa the Rapper.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU2INqgheOU

www.youtube.com

Parachute Limit

Provided to YouTube by Sony Music Direct (Japan) Inc.Parachute Limit · Psy's [Saiz]NON-FICTION℗ 1988 Sony Music Entertainment(Japan)Inc.Released on: 2016-05-...