• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joe_Bush

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
The main melody of one of the early stages of the 1993 Amiga game "Shadow of the Beast" (which starts at about thirty seconds into this video)

resembles the melody of this Moby/Sinead O'Connor song from 2001 (starts at the beginning of the song)

It's such a small and specific thing though, I really doubt Moby stole it or anything, even if that was his whole thing. Plus this is the best song on that album

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Am I missing something?

Heh, never got back to this thread. I guess for me it's more a combination of Blinded's pre-chorus kind of matching the pentatonic minor bassline in the bridge section of Green Hill along with both being mostly built around a IV-iii-ii-I progression. It's subtle and, like, that progression is in most of Sonic 1's music so I can see why people wouldn't quite be as strong on it as I would be.

Really I should have posted *this* song because, like, the similarity is far more overt here I think:

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
Surprised I haven't seen this but:

Rock Howard's theme song from Garou Mark of the Wolves which is blatantly children by robert miles

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
There's one that always stuck with me is the similarity with a part of the Kaineng City theme of Guild Wars Factions :

And a recurrent theme in the King Arthur OST (the one from 2004) :

Might because Soule and Zimmer worked together a bit around that time.

nuchallenger

Oct 29, 2017
Can definitely hear the influences here

Take Five

Phantom Train Orchestral version: FFVI (Grand Finale) starts at :14 in

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The TMNT retrospective podcast on Retronauts reminded me of this, which I'm surprised never comes up in threads like these. I wasn't even a huge Beatles fan back in 89 and instantly thought of this. Maybe nobody got to this part because the damn thing was too hard.

Apr 25, 2019
Which Beatles song do you mean?

Edit: Come Together, I see. The four bass notes have a certain resemblance. What is missing in the beatles part are the several melodic drop ins.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
This doesn't exactly fit the thread, yeah, this was super blatant for me. I remember the ridiculous defense force,

"She doesn't NEED to plagiarize"

But like bruh

They sound the same. Same genre, same vibe and choir. There's just no way Skyrim wasn't on the mind.

These sound nothing alike to me. Just typical over blown orchestra video game music.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gusty Garden Galaxy (2007)

Love Never Dies by Andrew Lloyd Webber (2010)

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Another one I found, kinda surprised it hasn't been posted

A99B7B2897ECE0346987D5C4D8AF3BB551BC50F5

This is more inspired by Ready for This