• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Areyis

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User banned permanently: attempting to bait others, long history of infractions
First, let me apologize for posting this thread in the wrong area at first, I posted in the hangouts by mistake. Now I shall copypaste what I said before.

I haven't posted here for quite a while, but virtually every other gaming forum/community I have been on, has told me that Resetera has become ridiculous with it's moderation, and that you can get banned for wrongthink or expressing opinions that others do not agree with politically.

I am a conservative, I am a Catholic, I am against abortion, I voted for Trump, I don't agree with a lot of things liberals and progressives stand for. I am not in favor of high taxes for anyone, I even oppose gay marriage.

I have heard that if you express ANYTHING remotely opposing progressive views, that you will be banned, that there is absolutely no chance for anyone other than left-leaning folks to have discourse, and I have even been told that even progressives who don't agree with moderators will be absolutely unequivocally banned.

I have also seen screen-caps showing people who want ANYONE with an opinion they don't like to be banned, and they also believe that staff isn't even harsh enough about it.

Is this the case for Resetera? Do the rumors I hear ring true? We will find out, because I have pretty much just said everything I've heard you can get banned for, so if I get banned for this post, I suppose I will have my answer.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I am a conservative, I am a Catholic, I am against abortion, I voted for Trump, I don't agree with a lot of things liberals and progressives stand for. I am not in favor of high taxes for anyone, I even oppose gay marriage.
I don't even live in the US and I dislike you tbh.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is this the case for Resetera? Do the rumors I hear ring true? We will find out, because I have pretty much just said everything I've heard you can get banned for, so if I get banned for this post, I suppose I will have my answer.

Ah, you're not actually here for discussion, but are posting just to test-bait the mods. Yeah, if you get banned for anything, it will be that.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Is this something where a few of you gather on another board and giggle about how you bet you can make a post that will get banned, thus proving without a doubt that Era stifles opposite views?

Status
Not open for further replies.