• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (3 days): inflammatory remarks
Well Sony might want to actually check on protecting children with this studio.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
That was expected - Sony is negatively affecting the business of those f2p titles that would benefit alot from cross play.

Can't play favorites with these kind of things.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I think they want to get this thing done.
This is going to carry right over the the PS5 which is where sony probably going to change their policy then during their ps5 big reveal. To build up moment for their new system. which is why its all quiet from their side.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Hope they keep up this pressure, the sooner this ridiculous "Beta" is over the sooner more games will add crossplay now that it's fully open.

Also prepare for a thread of "what about Microsoft charging for gold in F2P games" and "War Thunder/Paladins who?" along with "No one really cares about crossplay" and "This doesn't make business sense for Sony so why should they?". Did I miss anything?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Good.

Respawn hopefully pushes this too with Apex Legends. Feels so archaic to not be able to play with friends across platforms when the same roadblock is what's causing it.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
I bet they just got bumped to the last place on Sony's cross-play allow list.

Last edited:

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hope they keep up this pressure, the sooner this ridiculous "Beta" is over the sooner more games will add crossplay now that it's fully open.

Also prepare for a thread of "what about Microsoft charging for gold in F2P games" and "War Thunder/Paladins who?" along with "No one really cares about crossplay" and "This doesn't make business sense for Sony so why should they?". Did I miss anything?

The fact that Sony released some good games last year. Yes I'm serious. Someone played that card in the previous War Thunder thread.

More to the point Smite and Paladins definitely should be fully cross play, they're both big games that are on all 3 consoles. Hope things work out soon enough.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I hope more devs keep calling Sony out on this. The public needs to understand that it's 100% Sony's fault and that it doesn't matter what Microsoft did last gen.

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony pls respond

2014-08-31_09_06_43.0.gif

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Good. I'd like to see bigger pubs who're impacted by Sony's bullshit stand up too. Bethesda, Mojang, Sega and Square Enix all come to mind.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
They should try to reach out to Sony first before acting like this. It's very unprofessional.

/s

This is going to carry right over the the PS5 which is where sony probably going to change their policy then during their ps5 big reveal. To build up moment for their new system. which is why its all quiet from their side.

It's sad if catching up to other companies is something that's supposed to generate momentum and excitement.

Asuka3+1

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 6, 2019
im a firm believer that this "Walled Garden" of Sony will bite em back on next gen. people laugh at the notion that "Sony is too big for 3rd party to ignore him" but that does not apply to next gen when userpool reset.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
User Banned (2 Weeks): Consistent history of system warring and numerous accumulated infractions
That was expected - Sony is negatively affecting the business of those f2p titles that would benefit alot from cross play.

Can't play favorites with these kind of things.
They are more negatively (read: financially) affected by players not being able to play their games for free on Xbox, contrary to what's in the name of the business model. They should be more vocal on Twitter about that.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I sincerely hope these barricades disappear. The health of multiplayer games would sky rocket.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
im a firm believer that this "Walled Garden" of Sony will bite em back on next gen. people laugh at the notion that "Sony is too big for 3rd party to ignore him" but that does not apply to next gen when userpool reset.

Bite them back how? Publishers aren't going to not put games on Sony's platform over this. Only way it will bite them is if it gains a ton more momentum and traction with mainstream users and press, and after a few years, outside of a bump when Fortnite got big, it sorta hasn't.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Good.

Respawn hopefully pushes this too with Apex Legends. Feels so archaic to not be able to play with friends across platforms when the same roadblock is what's causing it.

Respawn is making big enough waves that Sony might give them a golden ticket as well.

It's honestly just a really shitty situation, they need to just move on from their fake beta and either jump in or pull-out, there is no point in fucking around for months on end when we know they aren't actually doing anything in this process but bidding time.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
They are more negatively (read: financially) affected by players not being able to play their games for free on Xbox, contrary to what's in the name of the business model. They should be more vocal on Twitter about that.
If that were the case and it was really a problem they cared about, then they would. But it's not and they don't.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
love seeing this. more devs should join in. was bummed that wargroove didn't launch day and date on PS4 seemingly because they wouldn't support crossplay.

the fact that Sony made a beta program instead of just actually supporting crossplay said it all to me. they care about negative pr, they don't give a shit about crossplay.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They should try to reach out to Sony first before acting like this. It's very unprofessional.

/s

It's sad if catching up to other companies is something that's supposed to generate momentum and excitement.

Do you really think that this is the first contact than this devs have done to SONY? This was done because they didn't gave an solution to them

Edit: I saw the spoiler

Asuka3+1

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 6, 2019
Bite them back how? Publishers aren't going to not put games on Sony's platform over this. Only way it will bite them is if it gains a ton more momentum and traction with mainstream users and press, and after a few years, outside of a bump when Fortnite got big, it sorta hasn't.
Games didnt skipped XBOX either and yet the "no shared games" fiasco still was a major bump in the road for XBOXONE early on.
flip the page on next gen, being the kid in the playground that think he is too cool to play with the other would have hte same effect. developer wont skip em but it can easily tarnish their image early on PS5 life.

and hey. who do says publisher can do actually skip PS5 or release em later than XBOX/ PC??

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Keep putting that pressure on Sony, please also do this for PSN REFUNDS.

Games didnt skipped XBOX either and yet the "no shared games" fiasco still was a major bump in the road for XBOXONE early on.
flip the page on next gen, being the kid in the playground that think he is too cool to play with the other would have hte same effect. developer wont skip em but it can easily tarnish their image early on PS5 life.

and hey. who do says publisher can do actually skip PS5 or release em later than XBOX/ PC??
LOl that is not going to happen at all.

xabbott

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
I don't think they are. Otherwise they would bring it up to MS. The best selling games on the console are GTA, CoD, Madden, NBA 2k, etc. for both PS and Xbox. Those players have live. The people without live probably don't play much or dont play games online. I'm not saying MS shouldn't make online free. Just saying I don't think its as big of a deal for the devs as apparently this is.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
At this point I'm guessing Sony is just holding the announcement for PS5 so they can look good doing it. Meanwhile mid tier games/devs like Hi-Rez suffer for it as having crossplay would be an incredible boon for all their games.

I wish Sony would just accept that opening the floodgates for crossplay now is best for everyone involved.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
Fantastic news. Devs gotta keep the pressure and break Sony's ridiculous stance, one which trully shows their colors, in my opinion.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

The no shared games thing was a much bigger deal that led to an immediate backlash. This crossplau thing has been around for years and hasn't gained anywhere near the amount of traction, if any, wirh mainstream users in that way. Don't get me wrong, I think blocking crossplay is dumb, I think Sony's stated and probably unstated reasons for blocking it are stupid. I think treating this as a beta and drip feeding the functionality on a game by game basis is moronic. I think Sony dragging this out is pointless l. I wish they could just get over it and open the flood gates: But I also think this isn't nearly as big of an issue as it's made out to be here, in terms of public awareness and impact, which is why it's been like 2+ years with this stuff and we are still at it.

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
The no shared games thing was a much bigger deal that led to an immediate backlash. This crossplau thing has been around for years and hasn't gained anywhere near the amount of traction, if any, wirh mainstream users in that way. Don't get me wrong, I think blocking crossplay is dumb, I think Sony's stated and probably unstated reasons for blocking it are stupid. I think treating this as a beta and drip feeding the functionality on a game by game basis is moronic. I think Sony dragging this out is pointless l. I wish they could just get over it and open the flood gates: But I also think this isn't nearly as big of an issue as it's made out to be here, in terms of public awareness and impact, which is why it's been like 2+ years with this stuff and we are still at it.
100%, this issue has been grossly overblown because MS started using it as a "Look what we are doing and Sony is not". There are bigger issues with Sony like a lack of PSn refunds, yet we never see articles or barely any talk about it... After saying that Sony needs to stop this dragging their feet it's dumb. They are just giving themselves bad PR time and time again, and no one benefits.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Someone mentioned Live and F2P. That's definitely an issue. But more than one issue can exist. We can care about cross play and paying for F2P games. And the F2P should get it's own thread. (and it's had multiple threads)

Asking Sony for cross play on ALL titles isn't shitting on them. They don't need you on their defense force. It's asking them to have better policies so gamers and developers can both benefit. Right now they've only given it to select few popular titles. It should be on every title that allows it.

Good.

Where you at Respawn, Bungie, etc?

I'm guessing with Respawn cross play isn't ready yet. They are still working on it. If they asked for cross play and its as allowed gamers would backlash if it wasn't implemented ASAP.