• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
how can one of the most famous pyramids of all time still have so much hidden stuff being found centuries later?

is it because all of the death traps makes historians scared to explore it?

and i guess they're scared of removing bricks that might accidently cause the pyramid to collapse

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
That big chamber will have at least three treasure chests, and at least one of them will be a mimic.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Probably nothing in there and just part of the construction but even seeing that will be very interesting or any markings.

bladeshimmer

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for another unbroken door seal like one of King Tut's shrines had

loqgavmb4mfgmvddjlzz.jpg

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
how can one of the most famous pyramids of all time still have so much hidden stuff being found centuries later?

is it because all of the death traps makes historians scared to explore it?

and i guess they're scared of removing bricks that might accidently cause the pyramid to collapse

Well, that and there's the rest of the pyramid in the way. As far as they can tell there's no means of actually accessing this 'void', so the only way to find it without tearing the pyramid apart outright is to scan tor it.

SFLUFAN

Oct 27, 2017
Alexandria, VA

Mr_Black

Banned for having an alt account
Oct 27, 2017
More chambers and openings in that thing than a ripe piece of swiss cheese

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I bet the robbers found and emptied it a millennia ago like the rest of the rooms.

So much lost to the sands of time.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
If the theory about the Grand Gallery being part of the construction method is true, this could be another such structure for building the higher sections of the pyramid.

I've always thought it interesting that everyone just assumed the pyramid was solid except for the chambers that were already opened, and now we're seeing just how wrong that assumption might have been.

And yes, I'm totally going back into Khufu's pyramid tonight in AC:O.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
If the theory about the Grand Gallery being part of the construction method is true, this could be another such structure for building the higher sections of the pyramid.

I've always thought it interesting that everyone just assumed the pyramid was solid except for the chambers that were already opened, and now we're seeing just how wrong that assumption might have been.

And yes, I'm totally going back into Khufu's pyramid tonight in AC:O.

It appears to follow the same angle as the Grand Gallery so that was my first guess as well.

Septic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yo do scientists know how the pyramids were built? I recently came across a video where apparently that wasn't the case.

DeusOcha

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Love all this Ancient Egypt discovery news! At times I wish Ancient Egypt survived the Bronze Age and peristed to the modern era just to see how they would be like, akin to China.