• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
EDIT: Not April Fools joke it's real

This is super cool after all this time some individuals after looking through demo code of Jak they found the dev only Debug mode for all Jak games simply by using controller button inputs no software or anything needed

This was discovered last month and you can do so much stuff with the Debug menu and it works on every single version of Jak games on all platforms (PS2 (and pcsx2), PS3, Vita, PS4)

People already using it for speedruns or getting trophies instantly or having fun messing around having with it like flying etc like cheat codes on steroids!

Also complete control over the camera, great for console screenshots and many more stuff you can do

Copy pasta from his description:

A specific code has been lying around on all Versions of all the Jak and Daxter games (Jak and Daxter, Jak 2 and Jak 3) that accesses a Debug Mode allowing you to unlock all collectables, Fly, Go into free cam mode ect. It's crazy to think that this Debug mode has been lying around for years without discovery and that Naughty Dog just left it there. HUGE Credit goes to the bunch of guys who figured this all out, check them out below!

DonkeyPlanet: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWzM... Luminar: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsoD... ImJustaTester: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7sY... Kuitar Vaser For more Info and Help on the Debug Mode: https://jadtech.miraheze.org/wiki/Deb...

Last edited:

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
When it's not an April Fool's joke.

DZt2A-TU8AA9Lyz

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
So...what is the code? You shouldn't need a video to describe something like "up up down down left right left right b a"...

OP
OP
ApeEscaper

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of incredible that something like this has been left in the Vita release and its not just because of the fact that it was a rushed lame ass port.

MegaMan

Oct 30, 2017
Reminds me of the time someone found a Donkey Kong easter egg a few years ago. It's amazing that these things go undiscovered for years.

Oct 25, 2017
Haha just got all the power cells thanks to this. 54% of the trophies without having to do anything.

EDIT: 64% I missed the 101's power cell.

Last edited:

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
Looked on the store to see if this was given away on PS+, doesn't look like it has otherwise I'd expect a massive influx of people nabbing free trophies.

Oct 25, 2017
From the looks of it you'd still have to actually finish the game to get the platinum. The orbs and scout flies still need to be grabbed manually but with the debug mode's floating mode it should be fairly easy.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
After so many years? I don't think was discopvered by hasard. This has to be leaked by some old devs.

How to disable debug mode after being activated?

Last edited:

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
If only the PS3 port was on PS4. Free cam mode means we could actually do really fucking good screenshots

Oct 25, 2017
Looked on the store to see if this was given away on PS+, doesn't look like it has otherwise I'd expect a massive influx of people nabbing free trophies.
The PS3 version was given away on Plus all the way back in September 2013! It's also cross-buy so the Vita ones were given out as well.

That's 3 easy platinums for PS3 and 3 more easy platinums for Vita.

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
Reminds me of the time someone found a Donkey Kong easter egg a few years ago. It's amazing that these things go undiscovered for years.

I recently looked up the old SNES Sim City money cheat after sticking it on the Classic and found out about the debug menu that wasn't found until 2009. It isn't new news but it's fascinating things like this may remain undiscovered.

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
That's pretty cool but it seems rather limited. I wonder if it has any other functions besides what's been discovered, like rendering options. It would be amazing if you could despawn all NPCs and vehicles in Jak 2/3 to improve the game's framerate in hub areas.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
What do they mean by second controller in the wiki? With a second controller hooked we can activate the debug mode easier?

OP
OP
ApeEscaper

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
If only the PS3 port was on PS4. Free cam mode means we could actually do really fucking good screenshots
The PS2 uprender version on PS4 is not bad imo still worth it there too
https://kotaku.com/5628976/nintendos-verbally-abusive-wave-race-easter-egg-finally-unearthed

Still not as good as the snarky Wave Race Blue Storm announcer that was discovered years after the fact
What's that got to do with the thread?

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
What do they mean by second controller in the wiki? With a second controller hooked we can activate the debug mode easier?
After debug mode is activated you input codes on either controller 1 or 2, the codes you input on controller 2 have different functions than the codes you input on controller 1

BetaM

Feb 5, 2018
That's 3 easy platinums for PS3 and 3 more easy platinums for Vita.

Not as easy at the moment:
Jak 1 PS3/PS4/Vita - No Precursor Orb code
Jak 2/3 PS3 - Not all trophies trigger from skipping around
Jak 2 PS4 - All trophies activate
Jak 3 PS4 - All trophies activate except some of the collectibles ones (might be a bug)
Jak 2/3 Vita - Impossible to enter the collectibles code because of no second controller (cannot enter debug mode on PSTV)

OP
OP
ApeEscaper

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Some more videos just type in Google or YouTube: 'Jak Debug Menu'

Jak 2 Jak and Daxter in the first game :O: complete with the floating board and movesets etc crazy stuff you can do

Also thank you to the mods changing the title