• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you want to be Itsuno's next project?

• Rival Schools 3

Votes: 228 20.4%
  • Dragon's Dogma 2

Votes: 548 49.1%
  • Street Fighter 6

Votes: 100 9.0%
  • Power Stone 3

Votes: 116 10.4%
  • Capcom vs SNK 3

Votes: 124 11.1%

• Total voters

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He also mentioned Power Stone 3 and Capcom vs SNK 3, but I couldn't fit those into the title.

Devil May Cry 5 Director Hideaki Itsuno is a legend among Capcom fans. His name is in the credits of many beloved games, and since he is finally managing to bring Devil May Cry back under the spotlight, I couldn't resist asking him during a recent interview if he would personally like to do the same with other old and glorious franchises.

His answer, provided through Producer Matt Walker (who was handling the interpretation), was definitely pleasing.

"If I was allowed, I'd love to make Rival Schools 3, I'd love to make Dragon's Dogma 2, Capcom vs SNK 3, Street Fighter Alpha 4, Power Stone 3… If I could, even Street Fighter 6 would be amazing.
But the big one… the one that we need to get resolution on is Rival Schools, because in Japan there are three years of high-school. We have seen the first two years for these kids, so the third one would be their last year in high-school. Wouldn't that be cool? You end it on their graduation ceremony."

https://www.dualshockers.com/devil-may-cry-5-director-wants-rival-schools-3/

Guess this marks the first time he said that he wants to direct a Street Fighter game? Seems like Itsuno is super interested in developing a fighting game project after DMC5 is wrapped up.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Itsuno "i want to make a new power stone, a new rival school, a new dragon dogma"
Capcom "haha funny joke. go make a new dead rising"

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Capcom vs SNK 3 and SF Alpha 4 please

Unfortunately a SNK rep said that they are not interested in crossovers like that anymore so I doubt CvS will ever be a thing for the next decade.

DkO4NP8VAAYVIex.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
How about an ambitious new IP ?

Capcom : laughs

But yeah, Dragon's Dogma 2 of course.

New IPs are nice and all but Capcom are one of those publishers sitting on such a stack of great unused existing series that I don't mind them spending several years raiding their vault if they are going to give them the RE7/MHW/MM11/RE2/DMC5 level of care.

Last edited:

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Dragons Dogma or Rival Schools would be really cool.

I don't know what the point of a Street Fighter Alpha 4 would other then giving everyone access to custom combos.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I went with Rival Schools. I could easily take a Power Stone 3 though! But Rival Schools, man... lets do it.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
New IPs are overrated, honestly. There are such a host of dormant IPs, especially at publishers like Capcom, that could be revived and feel new.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
My vote is for DD2. Bought that game strictly for a demo, but the game turned out to be amazeballs. I wish to this day Itsuno and his team were able to make the game they wanted to make from that presentation. I believe they can not only do that, but go beyond it now that they have experience.

Oct 27, 2017
Now that it's thrown out there I'd love to see a Street Fighter 6 from him. Rival Schools 3 would be awesome but I can't pass up on a Street Fighter designed by him.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Let him make Street Fighter 6 so we can finally have Hot Ryu as the default canon and let the entire cast age.

But every other game mentioned would be cool too.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
Rival Schools 3 cause I want a "Fighting gamplay x Persona life sim" style of game.
Yeah, i'm sure an anime-ish fighting game filled with single player content and dating sim elements would be way more successful nowadays.

Dragon's Dogma 2 would be pretty rad, though, and also the more logical project for Capcom to pitch.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
Rival Schools 3 cause I want a "Fighting gamplay x Persona life sim" style of game.

With the other games' established focus on those sorts of modes and means of presenting their stories, it does have a lot of potential to expand that way.

Though the argument might be that with an actual Persona fighting game (and potential for that to expand to P5 Arena in time), the audience is already covered...or maybe, with those elements proving more commonplace, they're now an established market to focus towards.

The character designs and art style would probably need adjustment, though - the existing art would be fine rendered in SFV's style, but that probably wouldn't be very appealing to anyone outside the fighting genre niche.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Dragon's Dogma 2 next-gen launch title.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Street Fighter VI is a given so no need to talk about it now.
Rival Schools was great because it had that distinct 90s arcade feel with its colorful low poly style. RS2 lacked that, making it much less appealing to me; I'm not really interested in seeing a new one.
Capcom vs SNK would be cool but it would probably be 3D. Big part of the appeal of the first two for me were the 2D graphics, the SNK characters looked awesome. Given how the latest KOF looks I'm not sure I'd like a 3D CvSNK 3...
Dragon's Dogma 2 would be nice, but it would need better story and characterization or I would lose interest like I did with the first.

Power Stone 3 would be my vote. The first two had that party fighting game feel like Smash Bros with their platform bits and random weapons. And currently only Smash Bros fills this niche, so some competition would be nice.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
It seems like he really really want to work on Rival Schools 3 first. So I voted for it. Anyway all the games he wants to do are "fuck yes" for me. He is a great man.