• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote

• X018

Votes: 94 55.3%
  • The Game Awards 2018

Votes: 61 35.9%
  • Shadow drop

Votes: 15 8.8%

• Total voters

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
What do you think era?

We will see the trailer for V during Microsoft X018, The Game Awards or a random shadow drop?

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
TGA most likely. hope they dont spoil everything.
weve seen less of re2 and thats coming out in 3 months before dmc

Rezon

Oct 28, 2017
DMC V was unveiled at the XBOX conference so they probly have a marketing deal with MS, so my bet's on XO18.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Title could probably use an edit because I had no idea what V was.

This is happening in so many threads and even thread-titles that I start to get angry about it:
- not writing down the name of game in a screenshot heavy thread
- using acronyms or terms only fans know
- just dropping character names without images or game names

Not everyone knows every game. It really comes over as like "Oh look at me, I'm such a huge fan of game XYZ because I know everything about it - don't I have a superior taste?"

:-/

/rant

Jul 24, 2018
latest

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
This is happening in so many threads and even thread-titles that I start to get angry about it:
- not writing down the name of game in a screenshot heavy thread
- using acronyms or terms only fans know
- just dropping character names without images or game names

Not everyone knows every game. It really comes over as like "Oh look at me, I'm such a huge fan of game XYZ because I know everything about it - don't I have a superior taste?"

:-/

/rant

Agreed.

I know this is a video game forum, and we're all fans of them, but even I feel somewhat flustered with those screenshots threads without said games title, or acronyms that are only obvious to the fans of the series.

As for this thread in question, I would have thought the most recognised and well known show would make sense to reveal this new character for Devil May Cry 5, at the Game Awards.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Devil May Cry V was revealed at the E3's MS conference, and later this year, the second trailer appeared at Gamescom's Inside Xbox episode.

The only loose thread was Dante's clip at TGS, but that was because Xbox doesn't have anything to do with the japanese market at this point (for now at least), so they didn't had anything planned for that event, and therefore, it was shown at a Capcom booth talk inside the show.

Yeah, that's X018 for sure. MS is pushing that game really hard, and it's paying off beautifully, so there's no reason to stop now.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
V trailer at X018, demo stealth drop at TGA, release date moved up to January 2019 because they finished it early and couldn't make it any masterpiece-er than it already was.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
X018 would be great. Phil did say 1st and 3rd party devs would be there in a big way. SE will be there too.

Akiller

Oct 25, 2017
X0 no doubt. Big Xbox event with new game announcements, plus Xbox has the marketing for DMC5.

OP
OP
Rodjer

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
As for this thread in question, I would have thought the most recognised and well known show would make sense to reveal this new character for Devil May Cry 5, at the Game Awards.

The character was already revealed, they are just going to share more info and show him in action.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
The character was already revealed, they are just going to share more info and show him in action.

Really?!

Who the heck is this 'V' then?

I pop on here a couple of times a week, and the first and third Devil May Cry games are some of my favourite action games, but even I didn't know that the character was revealed...

*goes off to Google it*

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Really?!

I pop on here a couple of times a week, and the first and third Devil May Cry games are some of my favourite action games, but even I didn't know that the character was revealed...

*goes off to Google it*

He's a very trustworthy, definitely-not-going-to-be-a-villain new character for DMC5.

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Really?!

*goes off to Google it*

He was revealed at TGS. They talked about him a bit more at the TGS panel live streams, announcing his JP voice actor, and he's been talked about in a few post-TGS articles and interviews.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I don't think it's going to be at X018 because why not just say it? They have no problem saying Dante would be at TGS a month in advance.

Oct 27, 2017
Why isnt the title more descriptive? Not everyone knows who the director of DMC 5 is. I literally had no idea what this topic was about. I thought V may have been another console codename.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised at how many votes X0 has over TGA, considering the pattern of releasing new trailer for DMC5 thus far.

For both TGS and GC the DMC team had announced that they will be showing up to those events in a big way right after their last showing. So they said to expect more at GC after E3 and then said to look forward to TGS for more Dante stuff right after the GC trailer dropped. But right now all they are saying for V is to expect more info within 2018 while we are only 12 days away from X0. I think they would've confirmed by now if V was gonna get a full reveal at X018.

And then you have Matt Walker (DMC5 producer and hype man) not even knowing what X018 is:

I would love for V to get a proper trailer at X018 (I was sure that would be the case when MS announced that event first) but right now I'm leaning way more towards The Game Awards for a V reveal.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
It's a bit annoying if you have to scroll down to look for it if the OP doesn't include the information what it's actually talking about.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I voted for shadow drop as well.

DMC5 is not Sekiro or Death Stranding, Geoff probably forgot to even reserve a table for it at the show.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I'm surprised at how many votes X0 has over TGA, considering the pattern of releasing new trailer for DMC5 thus far.

For both TGS and GC the DMC team had announced that they will be showing up to those events in a big way right after their last showing. So they said to expect more at GC after E3 and then said to look forward to TGS for more Dante stuff right after the GC trailer dropped. But right now all they are saying for V is to expect more info within 2018 while we are only 12 days away from X0. I think they would've confirmed by now if V was gonna get a full reveal at X018.

And then you have Matt Walker (DMC5 producer and hype man) not even knowing what X018 is:

I would love for V to get a proper trailer at X018 (I was sure that would be the case when MS announced that event first) but right now I'm leaning way more towards The Game Awards for a V reveal.

Weird if he doesn't know X018. DMCV is confirmed to be there.