• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Of Kamiya's four options, who would you wanna see in Smash?

• Dante (Devil May Cry series)

Votes: 737 30.1%
  • Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe series)

Votes: 589 24.0%
  • Amaterasu (Okami series)

Votes: 652 26.6%
  • Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)

Votes: 472 19.3%

• Total voters

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018

Hideki Kamiya put out a poll with ~21 hours left asking who players would want in Smash.

The four choices are between Dante, Viewtiful Joe, Amaterasu and Wonder Red. Surprisingly, the poll is a lot closer than you'd think! As of right now, Dante sits at 37% of the vote, Amaterasu at 27%, Joe at 22% and Wonder Red at 14%.

NOTE: It's worth mentioning that this is most likely not indicative of anything. More than likely, it's just Kamiya asking for fun!

How about you, Era? Of the four options, who would you want to see and why?

Personally, I voted Dante. I reeeeally wanna see a Dante vs. Bayonetta showdown, and this seems like it would be a fine way for it to happen!

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
If I had to choose 1 of them it would be Amaterasu , but none of these would really top my list.

Oct 25, 2017
sXlkNrp.gif

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Wonder Red. I think the character has the best moveset potential from Kamiya's list.

Viewtiful Joe looks like a short-range character, which I don't like at all. Dante can be fine, but we have Bayo as the superior hack-and-slash character. Amaterasu was playable at MvC3, and the moveset potential is great, but not as unique as Wonder Red's.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
They all deserve the best and I love them all but, Ammy > Dante > V Joe > Wonder Red

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean honestly I wouldn't ask for any of these characters.(though I have a friend who wants Joe)

I guess of those options Wonder Red.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Anyone but dante. Considering the popularity of the respective series you'd have to think Dante would come out on top though.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For half a second I had a brain fart and I was baffled by the lack of Bayonetta in that poll.

All four would be awesome picks for Smash tbh, but went for the obvious Dante pick.

Anyone but Dante just because Dantes moveset would be generic as fuck.

Why yall blocked btw?
Kamiya tends to block PC port beggers, people who tweet to him in English and generally people who repeat questions he already answered.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone but Dante just because Dantes moveset would be generic as fuck.

Why yall blocked btw?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder Red. We got enough anime sword boys so no thanks to Dante, and it's the choice with the least connection to Nintendo. Could probably do a lot of cool stuff with the 101 mechanics.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dante.

Sorry Wonder Red fans, but this would be one of the few ways to get Dante vs Bayonetta in a videogame.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Out of those options, Ammy would be the best choice in terma of moveset potential, stage uniqueness and best possible music arrangements.

Hell, I even voted for her on the ballot, so my choice is clear from the get go.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck everyone voting Dante. He's cool as hell but Smash thrives on profile diversity and the last thing it needs is a classically bipedal, humanly proportioned character. There's too many as is and Joker is another.

Ami, Joe, and Wonder Red would all diversify the roster with far greater significance.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
I was like, I want Bayonetta!...and then remembered she's already in Smash.

Picking between Dante and Amaterasu caused me deep emotional pain.