• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Of Kamiya's four options, who would you wanna see in Smash?

• Dante (Devil May Cry series)

Votes: 737 30.1%
  • Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe series)

Votes: 589 24.0%
  • Amaterasu (Okami series)

Votes: 652 26.6%
  • Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)

Votes: 472 19.3%

• Total voters

borat

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
torn between Dante and Ammy. Ammy would be a far more interesting addition. There's lot of sword wielders but there's no quadrupedals, I think? Oh yeah, duck hunt...

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
Not Dante :( he's getting his own game soon. I need me some Viewtiful Joe or the Wonders because they do fit into Smash.

Not hating on Dante, but how many swords users are there already. He won't be that unique.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still blocked, for tweeting him about characters I'd like to see in Smash Bros years ago. Kamiya is such a tool.

Dante vs Bayonetta in Smash would be amazing though. Make it happen Capcom.
Please don't make Old Dante the default tho, lol.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Huh? All of the characters/franchises on the roster have appeared on a Nintendo platform in some way or another. Cloud is the exception character-wise, but Final Fantasy was historically on Nintendo and Cloud is the most popular character from that franchise by far.

Cloud himself has appeared on Nintendo consoles via KH and other cross over stuff.

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
While I love him, I kinda think Dante would be the most boring pick.

We have enough "human" sword users in the game.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
There are already enough characters with a anime hair and a big sword weapon in smash imho, Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe, and Wonder Red would have way more interesting movesets and are much more relevant to Nintendo specifically.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder Red.

Capcom will remember Dante, Joe, and Ammy forever. Wonder Red may be lost to time we don't get him in Smash.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
There are already enough characters with a anime hair and a big sword weapon in smash imho, Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe, and Wonder Red would have way more interesting movesets and are much more relevant to Nintendo specifically.

The problem with Wonder-Red is that he can't do anything by himself and his primary superpower won't work in Smash. And Viewtiful Joe COULD work, but considering slowdown is a huge part of his moveset that also can't be implemented outside of his final smash, he'd basically just be a shorter Captain Falcon who can drop bombs.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Ammy, but was leaning toward Joe, but it would be cool for Captain rainbow instead of Joe. Or why not both.

I wanna play vj again

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
The problem with Wonder-Red is that he can't do anything by himself and his primary superpower won't work in Smash. And Viewtiful Joe COULD work, but considering slowdown is a huge part of his moveset that also can't be implemented outside of his final smash, he'd basically just be a shorter Captain Falcon who can drop bombs.
Nintendo made way more obscure and out there characters into viable and balanced playable characters in Smash than those.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo made way more obscure and out there characters into viable and balanced playable characters in Smash than those.

Wonder-Red's one and only superpower involves creating fists the size of buildings out of a hundred other people. You can't logically include that in Smash unless all the people he's summoning are like fairy-sized. It just doesn't make sense.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder-Red's one and only superpower involves creating fists the size of buildings out of a hundred other people. You can't logically include that in Smash unless all the people he's summoning are like fairy-sized. It just doesn't make sense.
They could bullshit something like they did for Duck Hunt and ROB.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I would vote Wonder Red if he would promise to include the other team members as special moves. Something like Olimar would be an instapick otherwise the other 3 are way better as individual characters.

Wiifitkid

Mar 12, 2018
I would vote Wonder Red if he would promise to include the other team members as special moves. Something like Olimar would be an instapick otherwise the other 3 are way better as individual characters.
With wonder red it would also be cool if you could pick wh9ch one is primary ala ice climbers. So things like wonder pink or wonder blue would he an option.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
It's a tough decision between Joe and Amaterasu, but I'm going to go with Joe. More traditional, but he's just so damn stylish.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017

They can ommit the part where Wonder Red is constantly surround by 100+ other similar sized fighters and simply make his red fist appear without the "combining everyone" animation. He can borrow attacks from the other heroes to expand the moveset.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's Smash. We threw out logic decades ago.

Right, the problem is that it completely destroys the actual source material to have Wonder-Red fighting people on his own. The entire point of the Wonderful 101 is that each of the individual Wonders is irrelevant on their own but contributes to a larger whole.

It'd be like doing a Pokemon Trainer moveset where Ash is running around punching people.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
With wonder red it would also be cool if you could pick wh9ch one is primary ala ice climbers. So things like wonder pink or wonder blue would he an option.

*thumbs up*

I loved how they made the Koopa kids altskins for Bowser Jr. This would be just as awesome.

Right, the problem is that it completely destroys the actual source material to have Wonder-Red fighting people on his own. The entire point of the Wonderful 101 is that each of the individual Wonders is irrelevant on their own but contributes to a larger whole.

It'd be like doing a Pokemon Trainer moveset where Ash is running around punching people.

TO be fair even though we have different reasons neither of us want Wonder Red being simply a solo act.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
ROB is also useless and here we are.

I get what you're saying, but I trust that they're creative enough to get around any roadblocks.

Sakurai is pretty adamant about honoring the source material, though. It would fly directly in the face of the source material to have any of the Wonders fighting on their own.

There's a difference between taking creative license to fill in gaps and make a character without a lot of moves suddenly have moves and completely going against the essence of a character to force them into a playable form, y'know?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I've seen characters like that implemented in fighting games before. Just include the most recognizable members as part of his moveset and then the final smash includes way more. Off the top of my head:

Right, the problem is that it completely destroys the actual source material to have Wonder-Red fighting people on his own.
I think you're taking the source material a bit too seriously if you think they should be excluded in smash. I mean ffs that kinda logic is why it took so long to implement Ridley.

Wiifitkid

Mar 12, 2018
Sakurai is pretty adamant about honoring the source material, though. It would fly directly in the face of the source material to have any of the Wonders fighting on their own.

There's a difference between taking creative license to fill in gaps and make a character without a lot of moves suddenly have moves and completely going against the essence of a character to force them into a playable form, y'know?
I'm thinking the idea would be similar to the chorus kids. So three of the main characters.

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
I don't think i'd ever had this much trouble to choose something. I uhh... am gonna go with uhh... Fuck

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017

You are under a mistaken impression that multiple pet characters can't work. There is nothing to suggest a W101 squad would have to play like the system demanding Ice Climbers instead of the very simplistic Pikmin used by Olimar.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
sXlkNrp.gif

You are a person of culture. Wonder Red is the only logical and justifiable choice.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Of those options, Amaterasu I guess? Haven't even played that game but its a dog.

Viewtiful Joe could be fun, but he feels like short captain falcon. Can't quite recall his power set since it has been ages.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

If wonder-red got in , the other main characters would have to be the costumes, ala bowser jr, (I'm thinking blue,green,black,pink,yellow,white and vorrken as the alts)

Lyon N. Laap

Oct 27, 2017
Easily Amaterasu. And if not, Wonder Red.

But Amaterasu would have the most positive impact of inclusion in terms of character diversity, music, and moveset, as others have stated. Could easily prove to be one of the most interesting characters to play. So could Wonder Red though.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If wonder-red got in , the other main characters would have to be the costumes, ala bowser jr, (I'm thinking blue,green,black,pink,yellow,white and vorrken as the alts)

But...they all have completely different character concepts. Not to mention half of them would have completely different hitboxes. Half the reason Bowser Jr works the way he does is because the Clown Car is most of the character model.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck everyone voting Dante. He's cool as hell but Smash thrives on profile diversity and the last thing it needs is a classically bipedal, humanly proportioned character. There's too many as is and Joker is another.

Ami, Joe, and Wonder Red would all diversify the roster with far greater significance.
Unlike Ammy, Dante has a personality

idc about diversity if the character pick in question is a fun and spunky character, and DAnte is far and away the most personality on that list with VJ right behind.