• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Of Kamiya's four options, who would you wanna see in Smash?

• Dante (Devil May Cry series)

Votes: 737 30.1%
  • Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe series)

Votes: 589 24.0%
  • Amaterasu (Okami series)

Votes: 652 26.6%
  • Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)

Votes: 472 19.3%

• Total voters

ieandrew

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amaterasu, for more female representation and a more unique fighter. Viewtiful Joe a close second for the nostalgia.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
Banjo & Kazooie, duh.

...Oh, I have to pick from some poll options.

Amaterasu, then, for this exact reason. Also because I've never played a DMC game and don't give a shit about Dante.
Fuck everyone voting Dante. He's cool as hell but Smash thrives on profile diversity and the last thing it needs is a classically bipedal, humanly proportioned character. There's too many as is and Joker is another.

Oct 27, 2017
Went with Ammy, but Ammy and Joe equally would be amazing. Both would be incredibly good fits with the mechanics.

Love Dante, but have no interest in seeing him in Smash. There's already plenty of Sword characters and Bayonetta fits the style quote.

Deleted member 3465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
Nothing against the others, but I'd only like to see Dante out of all the choices listed. Dante vs. Bayonetta would be really fun to see

Gleethor

Oct 25, 2017
Dot Matrix with stereo sound
The poll is *probably* just for fun. But if I were Nintendo/Sakurai and I had already left an option open in my contract with Bandai-Namco about doing a second year of dlc depending on sales of the first, and early fighter pass sales were looking astoundingly good, I might start reaching out to certain parties and creators (especially ones who are Sakurai's friend) to get a feel for who may or may not be on the table. And if said creators want to do their own unofficial Twitter poll on their own time just to get a an idea of what their fans prefer, well that's not a terrible idea.

So yeah mostly for fun. Probably not *nothing* though.

Btw any of those four would rule but I voted Dante.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'll take my gosh darn Nintendo character Wonder Red
*continues to pout about third party-palooza...unless it leads to Banjo*

Really though I felt well served by MvC3 for the other three, well almost, Joe is like anti-fun for me to actually use there.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'll take my gosh darn Nintendo character Wonder Red
*continues to pout about third party-palooza...unless it leads to Banjo*

Really though I felt well served by MvC3 for the other three, well almost, Joe is like anti-fun for me to actually use there.

Joe's moveset really only works well in his own game. It wasn't even good in his own Smash Bros. knockoff.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Oh come on, Dante is winning? That's such a mechanically dull choice, people.

I went Amaterasu all the way.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
The fan in me says "Viewtiful Joe", but the realist in me knows if any of these could happen, it would be the franchise that is already represented in the game (W101)

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
The fan in me says "Viewtiful Joe", but the realist in me knows if any of these could happen, it would be the franchise that is already represented in the game (W101)

I'm saddened to tell you that the realist in your and the fan in you are both most likely wrong.
Imagining another sword character hurts my soul, I'm all for Ammy.

The only new sword character is Chrom! an echo fighter of a veteran.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I'm saddened to tell you that the realist in your and the fan in you are both most likely wrong.

If you mean in the sense that this poll is something kamiya did for fun, i know, Hence the "if" and the "could" in my post.

If you mean it as in "Obviously it's dante because he's winning", i don't actually think any of them will be in tbh.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The realistic thing to expect was TW101 in Smash 4. But we got Bayonetta.

Believe in Joe. We're getting VJ3, baby.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
It's a tough choice between Ameterasu and Wonder Red for me. I have never played Devil May Cry nor Viewtiful Joe, so those aren't even in the running.

Gotta go with the Wii U hero I suppose!

Exodus 1831

Oct 25, 2018
Having Viewtiful Joe in Ultimate would almost make up for Viewtiful Joe 2 ending on a cliffhanger... almost

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
You know, there was a time when I found his irreverent attitude to be cool and refreshing but nowadays he mostly just comes across as an immature brat.

His constant string of angry tirades and rants on Twitter really makes it hard to respect him at all.

The irony is that if he didn't START his Twitter presence being such a jerk to people, it likely never would've gone down the way it has - people now find being blocked by him a badge of honor, which means they go out of their way to tweet at him. And his ever-growing list of "do this and you're blocked" rules just makes him come off as someone who probably doesn't need to be on Twitter at all.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Never in my life have I wished more for an "All of the above" option. :/

But yeah, in the end the choice is clear for me. I don't have this avatar for nothing.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
giphy.gif

Can someone make the pizza a giant smash logo?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand Kamiya.

He's constantly on Twitter and yet he seems to fucking hate it.

I don't want to speculate, but does he have a Twitter addiction? I figure if it constantly made him this angry he'd stop using it.

If memory serves, Kamiya said the main reason he was on twitter in the first place was to talk about the games he's making and to tweet at cute girls. I don't think he ever wanted the community to engage with him.