• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Of Kamiya's four options, who would you wanna see in Smash?

• Dante (Devil May Cry series)

Votes: 737 30.1%
  • Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe series)

Votes: 589 24.0%
  • Amaterasu (Okami series)

Votes: 652 26.6%
  • Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)

Votes: 472 19.3%

• Total voters

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
Amaterasu or viewtiful joe would be nice.

As for Kamiya, despite all the love I have for his games, I really can't stand his attitude anymore. I'll get my news elsewhere than in his twitter feed.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Voted Dante. The trailer should go like this:
Starts with the camera ponted at a door, camera then turns around to reveal that this room is Sakurai's office. Sakurai is sitting at his desk looking at a SSBU game box. He looks up into the camera, looks bach down at the box, back at the camera. Then he closes his eyes, sighs and puts the game box on the table in fron of him and stands up. Camera focuses on the game box and then Sakurai slams his hand on the game box from above. He raises his hand only to reveal that he just put the "Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series" sticker on the box. Gameplay montage follows.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Anyone but Dante since he isn't even related to an Nintendo system and it just would feel really, really weird. Even Snake had Metal Gear games on the NES/GBC/GCN when he was in Brawl. Ammy is my top pick, but seeing how he erased the poll, it makes me worry. Really anyone but Dante would be fine with me in Smash (though Wonder Red would be the most interesting since he already has songs in game)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone but Dante since he isn't even related to an Nintendo system and it just would feel really, really weird. Even Snake had Metal Gear games on the NES/GBC/GCN when he was in Brawl. Ammy is my top pick, but seeing how he erased the poll, it makes me worry. Really anyone but Dante would be fine with me in Smash (though Wonder Red would be the most interesting since he already has songs in game)

Dante's been on the 3DS twice. Also, Kamiya doesn't own any of the characters in that poll except Wonder-Red and has literally no control over what Capcom does with Dante, Ammy or Joe since he doesn't work for them anymore. He was pretty much just trolling with the poll.

Rasen

Jun 11, 2018

Well, Dante appeared in Project X Zone haha

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Dante would absolutely be the most boring choice. Great another character with a sword. Maybe he can be a Marth echo too.

Rasen

Jun 11, 2018
Dante has nothing in common with Marth lmao
If they do adapt the styles system in his gameplay he would be a great and original character just like Shulk was when Sm4sh came out

Yka

Nov 1, 2017
Viewtiful Joe + Viewtiful Joe Amiibo + Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 Collection + Announce Viewtiful Joe 3 (Capcom + PlatinumGames collaboration)

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
In an ideal world, I would choose all of them. However, the prospect of playing such a character as Dante in Smash, against Bayonetta, is too good to ignore.

Whoever talks about similarity in moveset or design, well, he/she should put more faith in the team to develop a unique character.

Bayonetta's core moveset is basically a Dante clone. But beyond that the differences are apparent.

I wonder how and if they would implement Royal Guard?

lowlifelenny

Oct 27, 2017
Cold hard truth- as much as I'd like Dante, we've got Bayonetta, so we don't need him.

I think the possibilities for an exciting new Smash character are highest with Wonder Red, so he gets my pick. Plus he's just super cool.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Are there any characters in the roster that don't fit one of these criteria?

1. Nintendo character
2. Main playable character from a third party series that began on a Nintendo console
3. Main playable character from a Nintendo exclusive 3rd party game

Ryu and Ken are probably the only ones that don't fit, right? And they've been playable on Nintendo systems for decades.

Joe, Ammy, and Wonder Red would get in on these criteria, Dante absolutely not. He'd be the least Nintendo-related character on the roster by any measure.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
I voted Dante, but after some thought, I think I'd rather it be Amaterasu. They'd have to do a TON of work to make Dante different. They designed so many other characters to basically be Dante already, so it'd just be another generic sword wielder. I'm sure they'll give him some interesting mechanics (maybe a Style meter?) but I think the game already is loaded with swords. We need something new and refreshing, and Ammy would be a better choice.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Dante would be my #2 pick after Ammy. I imagine he'd have some serious air game. Would like to see how they handle his ability to juggle. But he's a wayyyy distant 2. Ammy deserves the spot.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
As much as I'd love Viewtiful Joe, Dante makes the most sense for a character that would sell battle passes considering he's popular and has a game in the last 15 years.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Man I thought I wanted Dante, but I didn't even think of Amaterasu... I think I would take it over Dante.

R3birthFl4me

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently a lot of people in this thread never played a DMC game before, claiming Dante only uses a sword, forgetting he can also use a lot of different weapons including an electric guitar.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
sticker,220x200-bg,ffffff-pad,220x200,ffffff.u1.jpg

McArkus

Oct 25, 2017
MX
Any of those would be good, but I feel Ammy is the one with more chances to get in if that happens

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any characters in the roster that don't fit one of these criteria?

1. Nintendo character
2. Main playable character from a third party series that began on a Nintendo console
3. Main playable character from a Nintendo exclusive 3rd party game

Ryu and Ken are probably the only ones that don't fit, right? And they've been playable on Nintendo systems for decades.

Joe, Ammy, and Wonder Red would get in on these criteria, Dante absolutely not. He'd be the least Nintendo-related character on the roster by any measure.

Joker.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Dante would absolutely be the most boring choice. Great another character with a sword. Maybe he can be a Marth echo too.
You do realize that Dante fights nothing like Marth, right? Even if you take away Rebellion, Ebony, Ivory, & Coyote-A, Dante still has a metric fuck-ton of weapons left to set him apart from everyone else. And again, I say this as someone who's firmly on Team Wonder Red for this poll.

220px-PersonaQ2newcinemalabyrinth.jpg

JustinBailey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Viewtiful Joe is one of those chars I suggested in the international poll Nintendo did, and makes so much sense for Smash it hurts.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Dante absolutely not. He'd be the least Nintendo-related character on the roster by any measure.

First I'm going to tell you right now that it does not matter to Sakurai.

Second, he has had 4 appearances on Nintendo consoles. FOUR

THREE ....lets not get too hostile here so enjoy a nice joke by the voice of Ken and Dante

PBJ1Zyt.jpg

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Plot twist: Kamiya's trolling us and these are the remaining 4 Fighter Pass characters