• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy

Google Translate:

God hand is Mikami-san, Capcom quit myself, I want to make a sequel super, I have never done a producer or I have no ability. Is a publisher, not a Tencent umbrella, but a Platinum Games ...

… And 10 years later you 'll be tweeting…

That's really cool, it could end to be nothing but it's nice to see that God Hand still holds a special place in Kamiya's heart <3

p.s. maybe someone can translate the two tweets in a better way? If yes I'll edit the OP. Thanks!

EDIT: more accurate translation thanks to Erigu

"God Hand is Mikami san's game, I quit Capcom of my own volition, sure I'd love to make a sequel, I've never been a producer and I don't have what it takes, the company would be in serious trouble if I were CEO, sure I'd love to make Ōkami 2, even if we're the ones making the games, the rights belong to the publishers, no, we have not been bought out by Tencent, it's pronounced "Platinum Gamez"...
... I bet 10 years from now, I will still be tweeting the same stuff."

So... yeah. He might not even be talking about a sequel to God Hand, there. He's just listing the things he keeps repeating again and again on Twitter.

Last edited:

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
b2b19bf35efb47576072ed442050a376.gif

More God Hand is always a good thing.

Pyroblazer

Oct 30, 2017
Aren't the tweets basically saying it's not going to happen? The google translation is nonsensical, but if you put it together with any meaning and try to add context it sounds for me like:

God Hand is a Capcom property and I am not at Capcom anymore. It's also Mikamis baby, not his. If he would be involved it would be rather as Producer, but he hasn't done that before and doesn't know if he has the ability. I don't think super sequel makes any sense, but rather he would love it (like it super) to do a sequel, but basically not going to happen because of reasons above.
That last sentence with tweeting and 10 years also sounds like but despite my statement you will still ask me on twitter in the next 10 years or something similiar I guess.

Maybe someone who speaks japanese can translate it. But I wouldn't get too excited why mention Capcom and Mikami or Producer and the 10 years statement? I am not even sure all statements belong together.

Last edited:

Pyroblazer

Oct 30, 2017
The bit with Tencent is probably just explaining that they are their own publisher and don't belong to them.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
maybe someone can translate the two tweets in a better way? If yes I'll edit the OP. Thanks!
"God Hand is Mikami san's game, I quit Capcom of my own volition, sure I'd love to make a sequel, I've never been a producer and I don't have what it takes, the company would be in serious trouble if I were CEO, sure I'd love to make Ōkami 2, even if we're the ones making the games, the rights belong to the publishers, no, we have not been bought out by Tencent, it's pronounced "Platinum Gamez"...

So... yeah. He might not even be talking about a sequel to God Hand, there. He's just listing the things he keeps repeating again and again on Twitter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SixelAlexiS

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Aren't the tweets basically saying it's not going to happen? The google translation is nonsensical, but if you put it together with any meaning and try to add context it sounds for me like:

God Hand is a Capcom property and I am not at Capcom anymore. It's also Mikamis baby, not his. If he would be involved it would be rather as Producer, but he hasn't done that before and doesn't know if he has the ability. I don't think super sequel makes any sense, but rather he would love it (like it super) to do a sequel, but basically not going to happen because of reasons above.
That last sentence with tweeting and 10 years also sounds like but despite my statement you will still ask me on twitter in the next 10 years something.

Maybe someone who speaks japanese can translate it. But I wouldn't get too excited why mention Capcom and Mikami?
Yeah, I know that "super" is probably nonsense but I put it there because it was a fun thing to add in the title (that's why I've used quotes).

"God Hand is Mikami san's game, I quit Capcom of my own volition, sure I'd love to make a sequel, I've never been a producer and I don't have what it takes, the company would be in serious trouble if I were CEO, sure I'd love to make Ōkami 2, even if we're the ones making the games, the rights belong to the publisher, we have not been bought out by Tencent, it's pronounced "Platinum Gamez"...

Gotcha, I'll put it on the OP, thank you!
Well, he actually cited God Hand and that he would love to make a sequel, so at least is something XD

I guess we can use this topic for the next 10 years of rumors regarding a God Hand sequel ^^

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
Well, he actually cited God Hand and that he would love to make a sequel, so at least is something XD
Again, he's just listing all the things he keeps repeating, so "sure I'd love to make a sequel" isn't necessarily related to God Hand in any way and might just be his stock reply when asked about Devil May Cry, for all I know.

Friendly reminder to never, ever trust google translate for Japanese translations
Yep.

sinny

Oct 28, 2017
I think he is saying the opposite.

And i hope Kamiya stays as far away from God Hand as possible.

Shinji Mikami should make the game.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Please god yes, someone do it if not Mikami. The combat in God Hand is so good, if you've never played it imagine the masterful ebb and flow of RE4's combat on crack except with fists.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Now that there's a more accurate translation, maybe change the thread title so people aren't replying to something that's blatantly wrong (report your OP and in a new title to get it changed).

Tangent, but when will people learn to not make threads and articles based on Google translations?

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Omg yes pls,do a kickstarter or whatever you need.
Make a spiritual sequel called 'Divine Fists' or something,whatever it takes.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
A new God Hand game would blow my mind, just imagine what they can do with the special effects and gameplay with today's power.

Jan 11, 2018
Unlike his own IP, there is actually a chance Kamiya would make a sequel to Mikami's IP. RE2 is proof of that. Of course, Resident Evil was Resident Evil, and God Hand is God Hand...

I don't think there's any chance for a God Hand sequel sadly. Vanquish I have the tiniest sliver of hope for though...

McArkus

Oct 25, 2017
MX
I would love a new God Hand and Okami 2. For now is only a daydream but strange things happen in this industry so who knows, maybe one of these days...

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Of course Kamiya wants to make Viewtiful Joe/God Hand sequels. He did a decade ago too. It's a shame that the decision on that lies with Capcom, and Capcom are the worst.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Tencent, can you give PlatinumGames a little bit more of that capital injection so they can buy God Hand off Capcom?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This just sounds like Kamiya being dismissive of all the questions he gets asked over and over again on Twitter rather than any specific expression of desire.

Kamiya's just gonna get mad at people for reading too deeply into it, too.