• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
I'm referencing the lack of perspective on that front.
he legit said that he is lucky that he is known...hence being grateful to Konami.

and yet here you are mad that he didn't say "well <insert indie> here is struggling more than me"...in a fucking interview...about him.

wtf is wrong w/ some of yall?

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
"It was three years and nine months ago that I struck out on my own," Kojima told Famitsu. "At that time, I was 53 years old. That's an age in which you'd retire, right? My family members were also against the idea [of me setting up a new studio]. I was a 53-year-old middle-aged guy, I didn't have any money or much of anything else, and it was just me saying I was going to make this open-world game."

So . . . what was the point of making this hyperbolic statement? Why does he make it sound like he came from nothing, of which we all know isn't true? That's what is eyeroll-inducing to me. How his highlighting the fact that is his shortcomings and difficulties as he mentioned lack perspective when it comes to the real struggles of the indie game industry toxic?
Up to the late 80s, Japanese would retire at 55. That's context you seem to be lacking. Of course even there it's been different since then (around 60 I think, possibly 65) but it's still seems as "you're ready to retire or at least start to retire" in the Japanese mindshare, which this article was written for. Nothing really hyperbolic there.

If you mean the money part, welp, that was already explained a dozen of times in this thread. No point re-iterating when you didn't catch on the first few times.

Asriel

Dec 7, 2017
he legit said that he is lucky that he is known...hence being grateful to Konami.

and yet here you are mad that he didn't say "well <insert indie> here is struggling more than me"...in a fucking interview...about him.

wtf is wrong w/ some of yall?

It would have been perfect if he had left it at that. What was the point of that silly paragraph? lol That's all. I'm not mad or anything, lol. I'm just saying that section induced an eye-roll in me.

Oct 28, 2017
Just how much money do some of you think he's worth? He doesn't own MGS.

He's supposed to bankroll a AAA studio outta his own pocket? Lmao

Shout out to the banker who gave him the loan.