• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
So there`s going to be another trailer at gamecom?

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Drivel. If you have to tell people to fly to Germany to see the point of this venture then you've lost me.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
That sucks. We've already seen tons of gameplay elements. We don't need to know the exact purpose and large-scale view of everything. Leave some mystery!

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is it yet to come or already playing live at Gamescom Sony booth ?

No game news site picked it up.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Okay I'll just drive to Germany and go to the PlayStation booth then.

You could've just, you know.. shown it during the Gamescom conference instead of that utterly bizarre Mama video.

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
List of things I think you do in this game:

You deliver stuff.
You survive.
If need be, you shoot terrorists and other bad guys.
You probably sneak around.
You interact with various personalities in various locales.
You avoid Geoff Keighley.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Finally.
I want to be excited for this game because everyone seems to be singing its praised....but to date I ahve no idea what the game actually is.
As trippy and weird as it might be....i want to actually know how I play the game.

Deleted member 5129

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Briefing trailer at Gamescom is pretty damn good, but it's just another cutscene and I do not feel smarter after watching it

Jun 1, 2018
List of things I think you do in this game:

You avoid Geoff Keighley.

lol
h4EF41A98

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Didn't promise anything in that tweet. And he didn't even say it will completely make us understand what we'll be doing. Just that it will give us "more" understanding. Every trailer they've released has done that. Each new trailer has helped us understand the game "more". That's a given.

Just saying I wouldn't big this trailer up that much.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
You don't have to watch it

It's more about what kind of marketing I'd like to see in the future. We are so used to almost completely knowing every game that gets released even before it's out, that I would have loved for Death Stranding to show that you don't have to do that, that the mystery can be part of the sales pitch. It's the best kind of movie marketing and you see it all the time there, where you only get a superficial look at the themes and atmosphere of the movie and it otherwise banks on the strength and reputation of their creators. That almost never happens in video games, outside of sequels where you already know pretty much exactly what's it going to be. Death Stranding would have been perfect for that approach (and I'd say it worked perfectly for them so far).

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Thanks Kojima a lot of people like funny trailers but really only if it's followed by the real thing.

This just made the game look bad

Zenkuso

Jan 28, 2019
I don't know, death stranding hasn't sold me gameplay wise but story wise it's intriguing as hell.

He needs to sell that gameplay aspect right now.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah im done with character cutscenes, i don't want to know more before the game is out.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I already know what you're doing in this game because I pay attention.
I probably know way too much already about the 2 world's, the game mechanics and the characters. We don't need even more explanations.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I personally thought we've already seen a good overview of the sort of stuff you can do in the game, but to each their own. I can wait.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
80 days out and almost no gameplay. I have a bad feeling about this and I really hope it's nothing.

adumb

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
People are going to be really mad when it's not just running to copy-pasted icons on a world map, aren't they?