• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If Sony is smart they will fund DS 2. Take what they learned from the first and have an UC2 or TLOUS moment

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Loved it, but I'd like to see him do something completely original for the next game. Death Stranding sequel after that.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I feel the story made DS special. Don't ruin that with a unnecessary sequel IMO. Let the man tackle new ips.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No thanks. DS was decent but honestly, it might be the weakest game he made aside from MGS4. So i really hope he makes something original instead.

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I enjoyed the ride with DS, its story was kind of completed and I'd rather Sony greenlit a sequel for The Order.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
I hope his next game is full on horror. At this point he can do whatever he wants and it will generate buzz and get Sony support.

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like it would be an interesting challenge to follow up what the first game does.

But I'd like to see something else new first.

If his studio is in a position where they can release a game every 3 years again, I'd be very interested to see something different with each release.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Any new game he makes would be a new game, and have a new story and have new themes and blahblah.

I don't really care what it is, but I just trust him to use equally new ideas like in this game. Even if he reused characters from DS1 he could take it to new places. I do think there's potential in Sam to have more storytelling weight in the future and Fragile too. Maybe Die Hardman.

Henchman

Mar 10, 2019
If the game take a complete different view it could be cool but i rather have that horror game please !

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
id be interested in the direction he'd take it, i really liked the setting and lore in DS

Mar 29, 2018
Literally watching the credits right now and I would happily take more of this

The story and narrative pacing is a mess, but it's a fantastic, special game overall. A truly incredible gameplay experience. So unique. I'd take more of this any day.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
that bit about his mother is heartbreaking

I would prefer to leave Death Stranding alone, even though it's my GOTG. If that's what he wants to do next, he should go for it though.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When it came down to it, Death Stranding setting was incredibly mundane apart from the really great imagery. Then there was the ending that annoingly explained everything that ever happened in the story (the ending was by far the worst thing in the whole experience).

Mar 29, 2018
I thought mgsv was the worst by far. Mgs4 isn't mgs3 or 1 but it's good.
Msg4 is an absolutely disgusting experience imo. The gameplay is 10/10, and some.of the story is good, but the experience is disgusting. Even the great parts (act 1 and 2, closely followed by 30 minutes of act 4) are ruined by constant interruption in cutscenes and codec calls, there's no great weapon/ability economy like in the classic games.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
I don't think I could take another story in that world after the mess that was the first game. Especially with the way it ended. Just move on to the horror game.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I m playing DS now and I m really loving it but I can see at the same time why someone wouldn't like it. I just hope he gets another shot to continue the franchise and improve upon the formula or create something new. Anyways I ll be there to try Kojimas games

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
That article was really touching, the more time passes the more I love this fucking game.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
If Sony is smart they will fund DS 2. Take what they learned from the first and have an UC2 or TLOUS moment
i am only 15 or so hours in the slow pacing and world building works so well but they need to play up the cosmic horror even more unless it gets so later as i am on order 38 so far.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
The part about his mother is sad.

Regarding his next project I hope it's not a horror game. I always bought mainline MGS games day 1, will buy DS when it has a good sale, but a horror game I won't even touch lol 😨

I'd love something with mechs, TPS as a soldier and piloting a mech.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
Death Stranding BR where whoever makes it to the last circle with the most packages wins.

Oct 25, 2017
I m playing DS now and I m really loving it but I can see at the same time why someone wouldn't like it. I just hope he gets another shot to continue the franchise and improve upon the formula or create something new. Anyways I ll be there to try Kojimas games

Yeah, I'm on the fence with it.

Just constant back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. Bring something here, come back, bring something there, repeat.

I'm playing something else at the same time just so I dont get bored.

Deleted member 12186

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If he makes a horror game I likely wont play it but wont mind to see how he tackles it. That being said anything else is preferable so I could enjoy it myself.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A sequel kinda undermines the ending, no?

the ending was so conclusive that the game had to flashback for the post game

Oct 27, 2017
Why not? I would give it a try.

But I hope Kojima stops writing female characters the way he does. It is his biggest weakness since the early days and I wish he would get better.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see a sequel in terms of gameplay mechanics but I don't need a story followup.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Only if it's something he really wants to do and would benefit from being a sequel like MGS2

But the game is complete as hell, I have no idea where it'd go

and honestly DS lore was complex as MGS4 and it only took one game to Get there. I'm kind of worried about what would happen if you threw it through the retcon and plot twist machine even more lol

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
When it came down to it, Death Stranding setting was incredibly mundane apart from the really great imagery. Then there was the ending that annoingly explained everything that ever happened in the story (the ending was by far the worst thing in the whole experience).
The game's ability to sabotage every idea that briefly seemed interesting is nothing short of remarkable. Even the stunning surreal imagery introduced in its early cutscenes gets entirely demystified by the end. I couldn't believe my eyes when they reintroduced that one BT as a Kingdom Hearts boss. What a waste.

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game's ability to sabotage every idea that briefly seemed interesting is nothing short of remarkable. Even the stunning surreal imagery introduced in its early cutscenes gets entirely demystified by the end. I couldn't believe my eyes when they reintroduced that one BT as a Kingdom Hearts boss. What a waste.
It goes to show how utterly empty and devoid of any meaning all the stuff Kojima writes. Dude should play to his awesome strenghts in being a gameplay system and visual designer and leave story beats and world creation to an actual writter. It really is mind boggling how everything even remotly interesting gets brought down to nothing.

The stunning Mads imagery gets reduced to
Oh he is a guy that came from hell.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Fragile could easily carry her own game. Considering how the story ends, it'd make way more sense than having Sam and Lou come back.

Oct 27, 2017
A story wouldn't even make sense unless it was like faaaaar future, like thousands if not hundreds of thousands of years apart from this one

Last edited:

Prine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope not, leave it alone Kojima.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Death Stranding's story is complete tho? It was actually really refreshing in that regard. I don't see how they could do a sequel unless they do something completely different for the story.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Normally I'd scoff at the notion of abandoning a AAA new IP but they made the game in 3 years so its not like it was a 6 year investment that they need to milk.

and i honestly dont know how many people would return for a sequel, alot of people got burned by the games core mechanics.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
do people who like death stranding even want this?

i don't understand a single thing they could do in that world beyond that story. it seemed like everything was created in service of this very narrow narrative and it being added to does not appeal to me at all