• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
I don't know if I'd call that a tease. He's just laying out his roadmap for coming months... the crab thing could be a metaphor for any different things.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
a game creator preparing for the next project as he's wrapping up work on the current one?
crazy stuff

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
It would be very worrisome if his team is not getting preproduction ready for next project.

Not everyone is needed for bug-fixing at this stage. Concept artists, writers and few programmers who know to prototype fast can be thrown on designing the sequel/new IP.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
It would be very worrisome if his team is not getting preproduction ready for next project.

Not everyone is needed for bug-fixing at this stage. Concept artists, writers and few programmers who know to prototype fast can be thrown on designing the sequel/new IP.

It depends, some studios ( this gen, it's Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog ) has ended up in positions where pre-production of their next project only started after they shipped the game, etc.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Crab Rave: A Game By Hideo Kojima

tenor.gif

Oct 31, 2017
a game creator preparing for the next project as he's wrapping up work on the current one?
crazy stuff
I just assumed he'd retire after making a new studio and completing his project with it! Ooh, maybe we can get some of those unnecessary Sakurai style concern posting, "Poor Kojima-San take a break! We love you, Odaijini! Get this man a vacation!"

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you take a closer look, you can clearly see the hidden messages, guys.

Crab is missing an antennae, a vital organ used generate currents through the hairs, bringing smells close to sensory surfaces. Coenobita rely on humidity in the air to aid them in smelling and locating various odors.

Without antennae, the crab wouldn't be able to smell their way to return to their oceanic home. Kojima wants to be a crab that has no antennae, which symbolizes a being that desires freedom and not get locked up by a home. This could be an interpretation that he wants to have total creativity freedom and could imply that he is under heavy pressure from creativity limitation right now.

This is further backed up by the fact that the crab is white. The only time Asian associate themselves with white is when they are feeling pale from sickness. There are multiple ways to look at this , but one of the ways indicate that he's feeling sick.

Put two and two together this could be his secret pled for help that he is under tremendous pressure that he is feeling sick from creativity limitation and he wishes for total freedom.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do not think he's referring to the crab being in any way related. It's a collective umbrella for the amount of work he has ahead for all those things.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
For some reason I'm imagining Kojima squat walking sideways with jazz hands and it's hilarious.