• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Aug 16, 2019
UK
People still hoping in BB2 even though we had countless confirmations that it's not in development and it will unlikely be.

I know it's hard to accept that the GOTG won't have a sequel but people it's time to move on

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
WTH is Sony doing then? You greenlight Knack 2 but not Bloodborne 2?
The people have chosen!

SevnF1T.png

Deleted member 17952

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"The man has good taste" /s

I'm gonna be THAT guy and remind people that when a company executive agrees that the most widely regarded favorite thing is also their favorite, it basically doesn't mean anything. The basically have to say that.
Before he is an executive, he is the director of these games first and foremost, and of course it is relevant when the director himself says it.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
...by From.
Japan Studio BB2 dream lives on
It's not as much of a dream without From, though, is it?

Sure, if it turns out to be great, people will want it. But back in 2014, when they officially announced Bloodborne at E3, that same night I ordered my PS4.

A sequel with no Miyazaki would absolutely not do this to me.

Anything Miyazaki makes I'm there day one, a sequel without From needs to prove itself just like a new IP by a different studio would. The name is meaningless.

I used to be against a Bloodborne 2, but now that Miyazaki apparently is into the idea? I'm in too, don't care. Anything he wants to make is something I want to play.

The people have chosen!

SevnF1T.png
LMAO

Dec 8, 2018
First thanks for the translation OP very well done.

I bet Sony have contacted From about a sequel but with the success of their games and how busy they been with other projects they might not have found a working solution where it worked for both parties. Or perhaps From want more money than Sony believe it's worth for having a exclusive From game?

If that is the case they are WRONG!!!

Bloodborne is game perfection and now we even have confirmation from Miyazaki himself. Pay this man Sony! Pay him now!

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not as much of a dream without From, though, is it?

Sure, if it turns out to be great, people will want it. But back in 2014, when they officially announced Bloodborne at E3, that same night I ordered my PS4.

A sequel with no Miyazaki would absolutely not do this to me.

Anything Miyazaki makes I'm there day one, a sequel without From needs to prove itself just like a new IP by a different studio would. The name is meaningless.

I used to be against a Bloodborne 2, but now that Miyazaki apparently is into the idea? I'm in too, don't care. Anything he wants to make is something I want to play.
Half kidding, I will certainly prefer From themselves to make BB2 (if it ever happens), but I can totally see Sony trying to develop it without them...as unlikely as it sounds, I think it's totally a possibility and I kinda believe we'll see it revealed next year 🏃.

The people have chosen!

SevnF1T.png

8cb.gif

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I agree.

Maybe they are positioning BluePoint as that studio? With the expertise they will get from Demons Souls Remake (re-envisioning).
We'll have to wait and see. That's assuming it's Demon's Souls that BluePoint is working on.

On that front, I hope BluePoint can be given the opportunity to create an entirely new game. I think they're a talented bunch.

Nov 2, 2017
They released an exclusive game just a while ago, money and good relationship can solve anything.
A small budget VR game made by a small team. Not the same thing as a big AAA game that takes up the entire studio for a couple of years.
Enough money can indeed solve anything. If Sony were to do it like the way Epic buys up exclusives, where they just give a bunch of money to make up for lost sales, then Kadokawa might be open to it. Would Sony be willing to do this though?

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Half kidding, I will certainly prefer From themselves to make BB2 (if it ever happens), but I can totally see Sony trying to develop it without them...as unlikely as it sounds, I think it's totally a possibility and I kinda believe we'll see it revealed next year 🏃.
I hope this is purely a guess on your part.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dark Crystal Souls would be an amazing game. The world of Thra is already primed for Dark Fantasy and you can play a lone Gelfling trying to heal the Crystal of Truth while fighting agaisnt all kinds of Skeksis and other monsters.

Meech

Oct 29, 2017
BB is still one of my favorite games this generation. I would instabuy a sequel or even a remastered version of the part 1 for that matter.

STech

Sep 24, 2018
PlayStation having not one but two Souls IP's is incredibly huge.

Demon's Souls Remake and BB2 are going to happen for sure.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Bloodborne is quite possibly my favorite PS4 game. It and Horizon Zero Dawn are always the first two that pop into my head when I think of my top tier PS4 experiences.

In regards to Bloodborne 2, I wouldn't put it all on Sony. Yes, Sony owns the IP, but From Software is the team, and they seem to have plenty on their plate. I imagine it's a mix of Sony trying to find the right scheduling for Bloodborne 2 in their slate, and that coinciding with the right scheduling for From Software to actually work on it. Since developers don't sit around twiddling their thumbs, they're not doubt working on other games, and can't just drop it because Sony finally says they're ready to greenlight the project. With that said, I'd be very surprised if we didn't get a sequel for PS5 at some point.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
I thought this was known already. Or maybe I just assumed, with Bloodborne being the best Souls game there is.

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
OP the true MVP!

Thanks and I clicked the link as recommended :)

Now down to business...

"Bloodborne 2... Unfortunately it's not up to me"

Hopefully that means he's down to do it if Sony wants it, and I LOVE that.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's your time wasted, carry on
Yeah just like fans who wasted time asking for shenume 3, or ff7 remake, or any other games where a studio originally reneged on making these games. Bb2 is gonna happen. Its when, not if.
No, but we could invest the time hoping Elden Ring to be the next BB
When they show me something of value from that game ill start to think about being excited.

Aug 16, 2019
UK

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Really interesting, thanks Gbraga for the translation.

This is 100% a Dark Souls NPC line lol
Hahahaha shit, you're totally right
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We Skeksis now? 🤔
Dark Crystal Souls would be an amazing game. The world of Thra is already primed for Dark Fantasy and you can play a lone Gelfling trying to heal the Crystal of Truth while fighting agaisnt all kinds of Skeksis and other monsters.
Dude yeah, while watching the show I kept thinking how cool those environments and creatures would be in a video game. Wouldn't have to be Souls-like but... well, why not.