• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 11, 2017
I'm fine with that answer continue making multiplatform gamee they're better for everyone. Let Sony can use the IP to do whatever they desire

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
I played through BB again about a month ago and it is easily the greatest game FS have ever created. I love Demon Souls, I love DS 1 and 3 and even enjoy 2 but BB is so far ahead of everything else to me it feels like the swan song for Miyazaki.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Dark Souls is the exact same product as Demon Souls and it already got enough releases if you ask me, meanwhile Bloodborne is unique. It makes much more sense to release a sequel to the later.
You should be ashamed of how ridiculous and false this statement is.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I love, and respect DS1. Bloodborne is their masterpiece. A work of art to say the least.

tumblr_oi8anrjfWF1sbfdvgo1_500.gif
tumblr_oi8anrjfWF1sbfdvgo2_500.gif

latest

"Byrgenwerth...Byrgenwerth...Blasphemous murderers...Blood-crazed fiends...Atonement for the wretches...By the wrath of Mother Kos "

" Lay the curse of blood upon them, and their children, and their children's children, for evermore."

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I love, and respect DS1. Bloodborne is their masterpiece. A work of art to say the least.

latest

"Byrgenwerth...Byrgenwerth...Blasphemous murderers...Blood-crazed fiends...Atonement for the wretches...By the wrath of Mother Kos "

" Lay the curse of blood upon them, and their children, and their children's children, for evermore."
A curse here, a curse there.
A curse for he, and she, why care?
A bottomless curse, a bottomless sea
Source of all greatness, all things that be.
Listen for the baneful chants,
Weep with them, as one, in trance.

KirikaPirin

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
PS Meeting 2020, Sony announces Bloodborne 2 and its release date as a launch title for Ps5, at Holidays 2020 we are all awaken from the dream created by The Great Ones and realize that the game we're holding in our hands is Demon's Souls Remake.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
What?...

It is the 5th best selling Sony exclusive in the US

I'm not questioning that. My point is how many of those people will buy it again? I bet a lot of people bought into Bloodborne because it was an exclusive and they never tried a Souls game before.
Some of those, like me, loved it and became a fan for life others perhaps not so much.

I don't think it's a extreme statement to say the high difficulty is divisive.

Inb4 "Souls games are actually easy tho" idiots come in to wave their e-peen about.

They dropped significantly when the game was given out for PS+, but they're still relatively great? ~25% of players finishing (tough to get an accurate read since it has three endings) is high.

25% sounds very low to me though. I wonder how many of those who did not finish it would buy a new one. Would be interesting to get some comparison data to other AAA games. Maybe I'm wrong and 25% finishing is just the norm.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR

latest

This Insmouth hamlet area was such a treat in the DLC. Best example of a Lovecraft like area in a video game. The free jazz music rifts in the background was so fitting and unsettling. More of this please FROM. (=

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"The man has good taste" /s

I'm gonna be THAT guy and remind people that when a company executive agrees that the most widely regarded favorite thing is also their favorite, it basically doesn't mean anything. The basically have to say that.
Isn't Dark Souls 1 just as popular? His favourite boss isn't from the game, either. Maybe he really just likes that game the most. It's not like he says this to move copies, kinda late for that.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
For me, Bloodborne remains unmatched in atmosphere alone. Nothing comes close.

So I'd be stoked if From Software & Sony Japan Studio eventually do a Bloodborne II.

alfredo_V

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Gbraga for the translation!

You can really tell that BB was the game that let Miyazaki be at his top creative level and got the rest of his team along with his vision. The magic of this really reflects in the game, a true gem!

No way that Sony will kill this IP or let it rest next gen. Sales number alone talks of this. Bloodborne 2 would be a potential monster hit, an announcement in 2020 could very well be a system seller.

Personally thought, I still rather take a new IP with the same mix of action/RPG/horror. From making a sci-fi horror ala Dead Space is a wet dream for me right now.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Gbraga for the translation!

You can really tell that BB was the game that let Miyazaki be at his top creative level and got the rest of his team along with his vision. The magic of this really reflects in the game, a true gem!

No way that Sony will kill this IP or let it rest next gen. Sales number alone talks of this. Bloodborne 2 would be a potential monster hit, an announcement in 2020 could very well be a system seller.

Personally thought, I still rather take a new IP with the same mix of action/RPG/horror. From making a sci-fi horror ala Dead Space is a wet dream for me right now.
Nihei Souls will forever be a dream of mine.

Tsutomu Nihei's environmental art just begs for some From Software level design based on it. :')

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
I'm pretty sure Sony wants Bloodborne 2 to happen. It probably haven't happened yet because the studio was busy working on Dark souls 3 and Seikero.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
I still want a scifi Souls/Bloodborne esque game that goes with an Alien (1979) vibe

Creepy planet, derelict alien spacecraft type shit

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
I'm thinking about all the Easter Egg in Dèracinè.. "Unfinished Tale."

Mar 11, 2019
if it's really up to Sony, it's happening. PS5 LAUNCH BABY!
Yes it seems with an answer like that, that he is open to working on a Bloodborne 2. But at the same time no plans at all have been made to start work on sequel. But I am expecting Elden Ring to be a fine replacement if the gameplay is more sped up similar to bloodborne and not the slow dark souls.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
So nothing about Sekiro DLC? That's a real shame, the game has some characters and lore details that have lots of potential. The interview is really disappointing about the lack of questions about more Sekiro content, but tbh I kind of expected no more content as Elden Ring was announced.

A BB 2 would be nice, but I highly prefer either Sekiro 2 as a sequel, I think that Feudal Japan has a lot more to offer compared to Eldritch horror, which was kind of "completed" in BB, and as Elden Ring has not even a release window (maybe it will be released as a cross-gen title) I think that a new game from the team is not close at all.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe Sony wants to pitch a New IP. They are currently 2 for 2 with Demons and BB. Might as well make that perfect trilogy.

Mobius 1

Oct 27, 2017
North Point, Osean Federation
im glad to hear he is aware of how perfectly self-contained Bloodborne is. It needs no sequel, although if he wants me make one it would be clearly a labor of love.

When I think of a possible setting for a new Miyazaki title to round up the Demon's Souls and Bloodborne titles, Ancient Rome and the dark forests of Gaul, Germania and Brittania come to mind. Imagine the possibilities.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
Bloodborne is, by far, the best execution of a concept from the current crop of FromSoftware games. It just nails theme, narrative and game play HARD, it's lean and mean without nothing extraneous at all.

Here's waiting for the sequel :D

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I always thought a Bloodborne sequel would be a mistake because half of the fun was the lovecraft twist half way through. I think new IP's is a better idea.
Still i wouldn't be against a BB2 & would buy it day one, hopefully no chalice dungeons this time, focus on making a bigger main game.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
This man is a treasure. <3

Other sources of inspirations were horror, of course, and the film Brotherhood of the Wolf.

I FUCKING KNEW IT!

Bloodborne is just perfection. Glad the man himself knows which is best.

It's very interesting that Bloodborne is his favorite, and an unusual reply for a developer; not his first game in this style (Demon's), not the breakthrough game (Souls 1), not his latest game (Sekiro). I fully agree with him too.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
I always thought a Bloodborne sequel would be a mistake because half of the fun was the lovecraft twist half way through. I think new IP's is a better idea.
Still i wouldn't be against a BB2 & would buy it day one, hopefully no chalice dungeons this time, focus on making a bigger main game.
Demon's is Lovecraft from the start and it's still great. I'm sure they can figure it out.

Bloodborne also starts to talk about Great Ones and the Eldritch Truth in Central Yharnam and Cathedral Ward, so it wasn't exactly a twist out of nowhere.

New lovecraftian IP would be even better, though, agreed.