• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
I don't want a sequel, I want more original IP's. Demon's, Dark, Bloodborne and Sekiro have all been fantastic. Just take my money already!

But, if there is a Bloodborne 2 (or some other Sony exclusive) I'll have to buy a PS5 I guess.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
This is why we haven't gotten Bloodborne 2 yet:

Sony: Want to make a new IP with us?
Miyazaki: Sure.

images

Sony: Okay...but what about another Souls like game?
Miyazaki: We're... not making another Souls like game.

Game_8226.jpg

Sony:
u1FcufY.gif

Im joking btw, its clear to me that FromSoft has just been busy with their own IPs and Sony is patiently waiting for them...
giphy.gif

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I got that Bloodborne plat, and while I wouldn't say they're perfect or anything I actually enjoyed the Chalice dungeons for what they were.

Some of the bosses were really neat and challenging, plus it was an interesting way to earn extra Blood Rocks.

While I would've loved more variety in the dungeons, I actually didn't mind the repeating parts all that much. It made it easier to navigate knowing exactly what kind of room I was walking into.

Fuck, now I wanna replay Bloodborne.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
EKnjyMn.gif

A sequel will be a good sell to Sony's "hard core" audience that their representative recently said the company was committed to.

Art direction in this game is so fucking good.

I need this at 4K/60fps next-gen. Hopefully Sony gets someone to patch/remaster it. No messing around with anything in the game though, just a straight performance increase.

Oct 29, 2017
I got that Bloodborne plat, and while I wouldn't say they're perfect or anything I actually enjoyed the Chalice dungeons for what they were.

Some of the bosses were really neat and challenging, plus it was an interesting way to earn extra Blood Rocks.

While I would've loved more variety in the dungeons, I actually didn't mind the repeating parts all that much. It made it easier to navigate knowing exactly what kind of room I was walking into.

Fuck, now I wanna replay Bloodborne.
Yeah, there is some really good enemies and bosses in there. I really hope they come back in a next game sinve it's a better post end gsme content than doing NG+.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Thank you for the translation! It's very well-written, and I'm amazed at how it holds up after having come from an interview in Brazilian-Portuguese <-> Japanese <-> B-P <-> English.

Did I really suffer? (laughs)
Miyazaki is so zen.

cool interview.

but why did GS Brazil censored the interviewer hand gesture? lol

1920x1080-miyazaki-1.png
I think that's just the design of his shirt. He's pointing, not doing the horns or something.

Last edited:

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
He also mentioned in a previous interview that the weapon designs in Bloodborne and Sekiro were heavily influenced by Blade of the Immortal, which just got a new anime adaptation:

Didn't watch it yet, so I can't comment on the quality, but there are two episodes released so far.

the fuck BOTI is out?
glad i came to this thread
anyway cool interview, if BB2 is to happen it'll be ps5, doubt it'll be a launch title though

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Was that ever in question? It was obvious haha.

Well, we had to choose between the unlikeliness that a Japanese developer heavily inspired his videogame on a relatively obscure French movie, or the unlikeliness that both just coincidentally happened to include several nearly identical visual elements. Now we know which one it is. :)

Oct 28, 2017
As we're wrapping up the generation, I truly believe bloodborne will be my personal Game Of The Generation. It's just incredible on every level, even after multiple playthroughs and platinuming it.

Oct 27, 2017
BB was my first from game of this generation. Little did I know that Kingsfield which I played back when I was like 12 was made by From. BB was the first game I ever got the Plat for. It's my first entry into the Souls genre. I have since gone back and purchased Dark Souls 1-3, all DLC for each, and Sekiro (I have not beat Sekiro, fuck you Ishin!). I will fully support ANY From developed project if it's on a system I own. I purchased BB twice (early street release and later a digital copy), same with DS3 but on pc and PS4. I love From and they will get my money

BB IMO is one of the best games every created. Its atmosphere, music, game play, etc. all work so amazingly well together. Only things I'd change are the same exact things that he and many of us have mentioned. I love the fucking game so much. I have beaten it maybe 6 or 8 times. I start a new play through every couple months. With that said I really hope for a sequel, a prequel, a freaking remake at 60 fps or a 60 fps patch (highly unlikely honestly). I simply cannot get enough of the game, it's amazing.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Bloodborne became one of my favorite games ever and I've been playing since the NES days. A sequel not done by From though...that's a big fucking eeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh from me.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I bought a PS4 for Bloodborne and a PS3 to play Demon's Souls so if you wanna get me to buy a PS5 you know what to do Sony

Oct 30, 2017
Its funny seeing expectations get so out of control sometimes. Why would BB2 be a PS5 launch game? Its heavily rumored that we are getting Demon Souls which is likely to be a launch title or at least launch window game. If we see it, probably won't be until 3 years after the PS5 launch.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, first hearing of it. Will have to put it on my watch list.
Also check out The Hourglass Sanatorium if you want some aesthetic inspirations that some of From's artists likely had when making Bloodborne. There's a very strong dream logic and obsession with eyes and crazy people dancing around tombstones that will instantly remind you of Hemwick. I actually didn't like the movie that much, but it was neat seeing all of the parallels.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
This interview has some funny, and interesting bits. Seeing Miyazaki reflect on Shu Yoshida's decision not to publish DeS, I love how logical he is about it. Miyazaki's biggest fear being "Human evil". Makes me think of Tower of Latria which embodies Man made evil
latest

" There may be people who say, "Oh, wow, don't talk bullshit, how did you use Social Science on Bloodborne?" But that's the truth. " lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/dgkfgm/miyazaki_and_yoko_taro_are_rivals_in_who_is_the/

Gungriffon

Oct 30, 2017
I had seen Brotherhood of the Wolf a long time ago. Thinking back, head there are alot of similarities to Bloodborne, especially the Cane weapon.

I should give it another watch.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
A curse here, a curse there.
A curse for he, and she, why care?
A bottomless curse, a bottomless sea
Source of all greatness, all things that be.
Listen for the baneful chants,
Weep with them, as one, in trance.

So good. Those Byrgenworth members were crazed.

71399-170.jpg

Cainhurst Vilebloods had it rough too

67cdb1876e92835289523273039f42dc101b4f71.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
someone will say there's no politics in social sciences

"START: You have a degree in Social Sciences. How much of this learning did you use in your works? Is the online aspect of Dark Souls, where players leave messages, a reflection of this lineup, for example?

Miyazaki: I think so, it had an influence, especially on networking and communication. My background also influenced me in the worldview, which I think has a particular characteristic from other creators. Bloodborne itself is what, inside of me, reflects a lot what I learned as a student. There may be people who say, "Oh, wow, don't talk bullshit, how did you use Social Science on Bloodborne?" But that's the truth."

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
someone will say there's no politics in social sciences

"START: You have a degree in Social Sciences. How much of this learning did you use in your works? Is the online aspect of Dark Souls, where players leave messages, a reflection of this lineup, for example?

Miyazaki: I think so, it had an influence, especially on networking and communication. My background also influenced me in the worldview, which I think has a particular characteristic from other creators. Bloodborne itself is what, inside of me, reflects a lot what I learned as a student. There may be people who say, "Oh, wow, don't talk bullshit, how did you use Social Science on Bloodborne?" But that's the truth."
Someone tell Miyazaki to get his politics out of my games! /s