• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cameron122

Rescued from SR388
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
In an interview with Famitsu Magazine, Miyazaki is reconfirming that three major titles are in development
In an earlier interview I mentioned three projects moving forward in our core development schedule, but Déraciné is not one of those projects. I just wanted to let some of our fans know that.
I wouldn't have posted this if it wasn't for this snippit however: the interviewer name drops a japanese meme that's been going around lately about armored core, similar to the west's meme of Half life 3 confirmed.

Here is the famitsu article in japanese,

here is a documentation of the bodies looking for struggle/AC6 meme

I do not speak Japanese so it was difficult to understand. I had to use google translate. Maybe Miyazaki is just being coy to not disappoint people, or maybe armored core will live again someday! If anyone with a mastery of japanese could help me out here that'd be cool.

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
There's no mention of Armored core in that article.

Incidentally, He confirmed the existence of a new Armored core in development to my question two years ago at TGS. It was a roundtable interview so other outlets that were in the room (Kotaku, IGN and more) reported it as well.

FromSoftware denied right afterward, but he was VERY clear in his wording, even in Japanese. Koataku's reporter in the room was Brian Ashcraft, who speaks Japanese much better than me, and his understanding was the same.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
It's been confirmed years ago, and even though I'm a huge fan of FromSoftware and mecha personally I just don't feel very excited about it, I guess I just need a trailer or something.

OP
OP
Cameron122

Cameron122

Rescued from SR388
Oct 27, 2017
Texas

Incidentally, He confirmed the existence of a new Armored core in development to my question two years ago at TGS. It was a roundtable interview so other outlets that were in the room (Kotaku, IGN and more) reported it as well.

FromSoftware denied right afterward, but he was VERY clear in his wording, even in Japanese. Koataku's reporter in the room was Brian Ashcraft, who speaks Japanese much better than me, and his understanding was the same.

them denying it right afterward makes me think its barely on the drawing board :/ why do you think they denied it rather than just doing the ol' "we cannot confirm or deny" thing?

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't think it mentions it but.....

This is interesting as I do remember there was some back and forth if it existed or not.

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
them denying it right afterward makes me think its barely on the drawing board :/ why do you think they denied it rather than just doing the ol' "we cannot confirm or deny" thing?

They denied it saying that Miyazaki-san just expressed the intention of continuing the series in the future. But he said clearly "we are making a new armored core." Due to the wording in Japanese, that is not a hypothetical future. It's something happening in the present.

To me, it just appeared as a developer saying something he should not have, and the company trying to fix it afterward.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Whether they are or are not is basically irrelevant until existence is confirmed with some kind of footage or teaser.

Oct 26, 2017
AC was definitely covertly confirmed in the past.
I thought this
"In an earlier interview I mentioned three projects moving forward in our core development schedule, but Déraciné is not one of those projects."
Was interesting, but I remember it originally as 3 projects, with one being 'weird'. Déraciné seems to be the weird one but maybe another big project was added since.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Need to see what multiplayer is like before being that interested.

Also need to buy a Switch :^)

We do know there is coop, nothing about pvp yet unfortunately.

While they might not have the same gameplay as Armored Core some other mech oriented title that might be interesting is Project Nimbus' sequel and Left Alive. The latter's director was director/producer on several AC games including the recent ones like 4/FA and 5/VD.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
We do know there is coop, nothing about pvp yet unfortunately.

While they might not have the same gameplay as Armored Core some other mech oriented title that might be interesting is Project Nimbus' sequel and Left Alive. The latter's director was director/produced on several AC games including the recent ones.

(._. )

e: hyperlink ruins my face but whatever!

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Shoji Kawamori is working on Daemon X Machina (and he designed all the mechs for AC since the first one), so they are waiting for him or they are going to change things up with this new sequel.

I think it's the first one so it will be a PS5 title.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah probably not this year anymore but I think we'll see it at TGS.
Still even if I had a Switch the main interest in modern AC for me has been multiplayer so not sure if I'd be into DxM depending on what the pvp ends up being. It also feels a bit slower but we went over that in another thread lol.

Though I will say the single player focus of DxM may be a good thing. My interest in AC multiplayer might just come from finding the single player so boring so hopefully the next installment improves on that.

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
Shoji Kawamori is working on Daemon X Machina (and he designed all the mechs for AC since the first one), so they are waiting for him or they are going to change things up with this new sequel.

I think it's the first one so it will be a PS5 title.
This isn't quite true. He was key to the mechanical design for 1-3, but did far less work on 4 and 5, as far as I am aware. What's more, he is likely already long done on design work for DxM, and is more likely to be busy on an anime project, given his major work on various series.

Oct 25, 2017
I keep seeing this tidbit online and I still don't se how people could take "he's hinting at armored core you guys" out of this.

Sure he mentioned it a few years ago but specifically in this interview he didn't say shit.

Ladioss

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, old news. Can't come soon enough - the game, and also a new OST from godly Kota Hoshino.

Every year I hope we will get something at TGS, and every year I'm disappointed. Crossing my fingers for this year... but too soon for a reveal, probably.

All y'all Armored Core heads, keep an eye out for Daemon X Machina...

Demon x machina looking like a throwback to AC1-2-3, I hope the new AC game will take inspiration from ACFA. I need my aerial, highspeed mecha duels.

Bioshocked95

Oct 30, 2017
Armoured Core 5 was a weird departure from 4 answer, and I never even played Verdict Day because of it, but if this new ones can come close to 4s super-fast-battle-bots, ill be happy
#MakeArmouredCoreGreatAgain

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
In an earlier interview I mentioned three projects moving forward in our core development schedule, but Déraciné is not one of those projects. I just wanted to let some of our fans know that.
That pretty much confirms what Omnipotent has been saying, then. Or wait, maybe it was the opposite?!

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I told you guys that AC is in development weeks ago.
I meant more about Déraciné:
Like I said before. The 3 game thing doesn't really match up to the E3 showing. There are other things in development that aren't ready to be shown just yet. This is actually the only one of the three listed games to be shown.

So that makes me question how many other games they're really working on. I guess we'll see...?

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Armoured Core 5 was a weird departure from 4 answer, and I never even played Verdict Day because of it, but if this new ones can come close to 4s super-fast-battle-bots, ill be happy
#MakeArmouredCoreGreatAgain

I mean 4/FA were kinda a big departure too due to movement and how fast they were, ridiculous fast especially in multiplayer.

Though I do want the new Armored Core to be fast like those two. DxM will probably be slower even when messing with speed builds.