• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017

Neo G, one of the main combat designers for games such as Marvel .vs Capcom 2, Tatsunoko .vs Capcom, Marvel .vs Capcom 3, SFIII: Third Strike, and a lot more, plus others Capcom game's such as Devil May Cry 4 (he left Capcom in 2016), has left SNK. Key designer in the recent reboot of the Samurai Showdown series, he admits that he has nothing to do with the Day-1 DLC patch that integrates new characters

Such a brilliant man, whish him the best!

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why is he leaving?
A man of such talent. Grateful for what he has done, most recenty for the new Samurai Shodown game which looks amazing.

OP
OP
Mugy

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know japanese, but i'll ask him, maybe he can reply in english? :P. Anyway, i hope someday he goes back to Capcom and do either Marvel .vs Capcom 4, or Capcom .vs SNK 3!

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CAPCOM PRESENTS

MARVEL COMICS

MARVEL VS CAPCOM 4 : WE'RE BACK BAYBEE

On a more serious note, he's a legend. Marvel vs Capcom 3 wouldn't be that good without him. I hope everything will be alright for him.

Oct 25, 2017
Thread title made me go "Oh no, what happened!?" but then I saw that he is going to compete and... dude is probably pretty happy with his work so it's fine.

Oct 27, 2017
This feels so weird, he only got to work on two fighting games (three, if you count SNK Heroines), and it's barely been three years since he started working at SNK. You would think with Samurai Shodown having not even released yet, he would want to stick around at least a little bit longer.

It's cool that he'll be competing in tournaments, but I do wonder who he'll work for next. The only people that really make 2D fighters any more are Capcom and Arc System Works, and he already worked at and left the former.

RumHam

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
I doubt him competing at EVO is a serious thing. It's probably more just for fun. I'd be surprised if he doesn't already have another company/project lined up.

Mur2thetaugh

Dec 12, 2017
hh2ZxQ.gif

maks

Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic resume. Would like to see what he could do at a startup type company with alot more creative freedom.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Aww. Really was hoping he would've headed up some new IP at SNK, next (which SNK sorely needs).

But wherever he goes next, I'll be keeping an eye out.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Options probably fully vested, lol. Get that Chinese money.