Highlighting Valuable 3DS Games Before They Become Harder to Find

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know of any store exclusive variants? Specifically big box variants? I know of a few but it would be cool if there was a list somewhere, or if anyone on here knows of any they mention it so I can check it out.
I vaguely remember seeing this happen with Ultra Sun/Moon. I think the double packs and steel books were exclusives.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I vaguely remember seeing this happen with Ultra Sun/Moon. I think the double packs and steel books were exclusives.
Yea, there are a few with Pokémon, including both Sun/Moon and Ultra Sun/Moon. I’ll have to check my shelf to start a list for this thread but there are actually multiples for some Pokémon games including store exclusives. I own a Target exclusive with Figurines for Sun/Moon (I believe).

When I get a chance I’ll document all the big box versions I have as a starting point. There are definitely some oddball ones though that I’m hoping some can help identify. A couple examples of some I don’t have and I’d consider oddball releases are the Scribblenauts GameStop Exclusive bundle with stylus and a Frogger big box with a system case. I believe those were store exclusive, or only available at a couple retailers.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Here is a list of some 3DS exclusives retail releases, most are in a big box.

One Piece Romance Dawn (GameStop)
Scribblenauts Stylus Bundle (GameStop)
Pokémon Sun/Moon Dual Pack w/ Steelbook (Amazon)
Pokémon Sun/Moon Dual Pack w/Figurines (Target Exclusive)
Pokémon Ultra Sun w/Keychain (Target and Wal Mart?????)
Pokémon Ultra Moon w/Keychain (Target and Wal Mart????)
LEGO Marvel Avengers w/LEGO Quinjet included (Toys R Us)
Final Fantasy Theatrythm Curtain Call Collector Edition (Square Enix Online Store Exclusive)
Kingdom Hearts 3D Collector Edition (Square Enix Online Store Exclusive)
Tenkai Knights w/toy (Target Exclusive)

I believe there are more LEGO variants from Toys R Us and I also believe there were some Target variants that included a stylus, but I believe those may have been repackaged by Target and no official releases by the original Publisher. If anyone has any more details on any additional exclusives please feel free to PM me or post in here.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017

Final Fantasy Theatrythm Curtain Call Collector Edition (Square Enix Online Store Exclusive)

I believe there are more LEGO variants from Toys R Us and I also believe there were some Target variants that included a stylus, but I believe those may have been repackaged by Target and no official releases by the original Publisher. If anyone has any more details on any additional exclusives please feel free to PM me or post in here.
Do you know if regional variants like Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire steel book were ever exclusive to retailers?

ZiggyPalffyLA

Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California

There was also a steelbook dual pack for USUM but I don't remember if it was exclusive:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B073SMTXLZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Gameboy415

Oct 30, 2017
NW Suburbs, Illinois

There were also Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, Sun/Moon, & Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon Dual Packs that included download codes for in-game items (Pokeballs/potions).
I believe the first 2 were Best Buy exclusives (that's where I got mine) but I think US/UM was also available at Wal-Mart?
I'm fairly certain the S/M & US/UM Dual Packs with the Steelbooks were both Amazon exclusives.

The Kingdom Hearts 3D Mark of Mastery Edition (Collector's Edition) was also available from Amazon - it's where I got my copy back in 2012.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for all the responses. I actually have some of these but wasn’t sure they were exclusive. I also have the Hot Wheels w/Hot Wheel Toy from GameStop but not sure if it was exclusive or if it released anywhere else.

If anyone else has any they are aware of, please let me know.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
My copy of the Toys R Us exclusive LEGO Marvel Avengers w/toy in a big box arrived. Thought I’d share a picture since it’s the first one I had seen and also in case anyone has details on any other LEGO exclusives for 3DS.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
It’s jusy a guess but usually when games surge that quick it’s more because of word of mouth than anything else. So the demand is going to only be there for a while. I’d say in a year or two demand will dip as will the price.
We do frequently see a cooling off period in a lot of games that had a big increase in a short time frame. The wild card for YW3 may be Yokai Watch 4. If it ends up making the series even more popular in the West it could bring in more fans who will want to grab the older games, keeping demand high for YW3.

Also, to be clear if we do see a dip it will likely be temporary and the game will likely stay over MSRP for new copies, in my opinion anyway.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
We do frequently see a cooling off period in a lot of games that had a big increase in a short time frame. The wild card for YW3 may be Yokai Watch 4. If it ends up making the series even more popular in the West it could bring in more fans who will want to grab the older games, keeping demand high for YW3.

Also, to be clear if we do see a dip it will likely be temporary and the game will likely stay over MSRP for new copies, in my opinion anyway.
Yeah I agree. I don’t think it’ll ever totally drop. I’m sure it’ll reach a price higher than it’s at now. Just like what you said, that cooling off period probably is coming.