• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Useful thread as I'm pretty much done with buying games for the system. I've just recently hit 50+ titles:

Ace Combat Assault Horizon legacy+
New Art Academy
Bravely Default
Bravely Second: End Layer
Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash (Limited Edition)
Dead or Alive: Dimensions
Detective Pikachu
Donkey Kong: Country Returns 3D
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest VIII
Fantasy Life
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentina (Limited Edition)
Hey! Pikmin
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Layton's Mystery Journey
Luigi's Mansion Remake
Luigi's Mansion 2
Mario Golf: World Tour
Mario Kart 7
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mario Sports Superstars
Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D
Metroid: Samus Returns (Limited Edition)
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Monster Hunter Stories
New Super Mario Bros 2
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Picross 3D
Pilotwings Resort
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
Pokémon Ultra Sun
Pokémon Y
Professor Layton and the Arzan Legacy
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Puzzle & Dragons Z
Resident Evil: Revelations
Rhythm Paradise Megamix
Rhythm Thief & The Emperor's Treasure
Shinobi 3D
Star Fox 64: 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Mario Maker 3DS
Super Smash Bros
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
Tekken 3D Prime Edition
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Yoshi's New Island
Yoshi's Woolly World

I feel it's pretty comprehensive given my tastes, but also without over representing certain genres and alsoc considering my chances of actually having time to play them (I'm looking at you in particular RPGs!). There's a few games in there I only purchased due to price (for example Tekken) early on which I kind of regret since it was a waste since they're not likely to be played.

Hence there's some notable exceptions in there like Kid Icarus, FE Fates LE (which I sold last year at profit), Shin games, Etarian Odyssey, etc. Whether it be due to control schemes, second hand pricing, general gameplay or just a desire not to be inundated with lengthy games they're not being considered. I've also ruled out anything with a Switch port (Captain Toad, Hyrule/FE Warriors etc).

In fact all that I currently want are:
Kirby's Epic yarn (on preorder)
Kirby planet robobot
Warioware 3DS
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story

It's a case of waiting for a good price on pristine second hand copies (they do come up currently just not frequently) or waiting on a store to run a discount if they hold stock still (limited print runs kind of eliminate the need for sale prices however).

Any suggestions for anything stand out missing? Aside from those I ruled out above that is.

Ghostbiscuit

Jan 11, 2019
Was going to suggest to fellow UKers to check out the NIS Europe shop for a load of relatively cheap Atlus releases, but it seems that most of them have gone now. Can still get Etrian Mystery Dungeon for £12.99, EO2U: The Fafnir Knight for £19.99, Rodea the Sky Soldier standard for £18.99, RPG Maker Fes standard for £24.99, and Legend of Legacy standard for £19.99.

If you're feeling more flush they have Culdcept Revolt LE for £54.99 and Harvest Moon: Skytree Village for £39.99.

Oct 31, 2017
It is, since September I think? To be honest I had no clue it was out at all until I saw the pre-order for the physical version.

Yeah, I remember seeing it on the eShop in late 2018... That's why it's pretty weird: Ghost was indeed released in late September last year.

I did some research in the meantime and I've only found this game with the release date you gave on base.com

Is the Alliance Alive getting a PAL retail release too ? :D

Was going to suggest to fellow UKers to check out the NIS Europe shop for a load of relatively cheap Atlus releases, but it seems that most of them have gone now. Can still get Etrian Mystery Dungeon for £12.99, EO2U: The Fafnir Knight for £19.99, Rodea the Sky Soldier standard for £18.99, RPG Maker Fes standard for £24.99, and Legend of Legacy standard for £19.99.

If you're feeling more flush they have Culdcept Revolt LE for £54.99 and Harvest Moon: Skytree Village for £39.99.

I haven't bought Legend of Legacy yet but the shipping cost here is pretty steep (£9).

Last edited:

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Useful thread as I'm pretty much done with buying games for the system. I've just recently hit 50+ titles:

Ace Combat Assault Horizon legacy+
New Art Academy
Bravely Default
Bravely Second: End Layer
Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash (Limited Edition)
Dead or Alive: Dimensions
Detective Pikachu
Donkey Kong: Country Returns 3D
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest VIII
Fantasy Life
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentina (Limited Edition)
Hey! Pikmin
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Layton's Mystery Journey
Luigi's Mansion Remake
Luigi's Mansion 2
Mario Golf: World Tour
Mario Kart 7
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mario Sports Superstars
Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D
Metroid: Samus Returns (Limited Edition)
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Monster Hunter Stories
New Super Mario Bros 2
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Picross 3D
Pilotwings Resort
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
Pokémon Ultra Sun
Pokémon Y
Professor Layton and the Arzan Legacy
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Puzzle & Dragons Z
Resident Evil: Revelations
Rhythm Paradise Megamix
Rhythm Thief & The Emperor's Treasure
Shinobi 3D
Star Fox 64: 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Mario Maker 3DS
Super Smash Bros
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
Tekken 3D Prime Edition
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Yoshi's New Island
Yoshi's Woolly World

I feel it's pretty comprehensive given my tastes, but also without over representing certain genres and alsoc considering my chances of actually having time to play them (I'm looking at you in particular RPGs!). There's a few games in there I only purchased due to price (for example Tekken) early on which I kind of regret since it was a waste since they're not likely to be played.

Hence there's some notable exceptions in there like Kid Icarus, FE Fates LE (which I sold last year at profit), Shin games, Etarian Odyssey, etc. Whether it be due to control schemes, second hand pricing, general gameplay or just a desire not to be inundated with lengthy games they're not being considered. I've also ruled out anything with a Switch port (Captain Toad, Hyrule/FE Warriors etc).

In fact all that I currently want are:
Kirby's Epic yarn (on preorder)
Kirby planet robobot
Warioware 3DS
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story

It's a case of waiting for a good price on pristine second hand copies (they do come up currently just not frequently) or waiting on a store to run a discount if they hold stock still (limited print runs kind of eliminate the need for sale prices however).

Any suggestions for anything stand out missing? Aside from those I ruled out above that is.

Great collection. How about Persona Q?

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I remember seeing it on the eShop in late 2018... That's why it's pretty weird: Ghost was indeed released in late September last year.

I did some research in the meantime and I've only found this game with the release date you gave on base.com

Is the Alliance Alive getting a PAL retail release too ? :D

I haven't bought Legend of Legacy yet but the shipping cost here is pretty steep (£9).
Game is also up on Amazon UK and 365 with the same date btw.

I held out hope we'd get a physical release for the Alliance Alive but gave up and just grabbed it on the eShop.

Also the price isn't actually that bad for the Legend of Legacy isn't too bad, seen it mostly between 30 and 40 pounds otherwise.

Can't believe even the NIS store didn't have a copy of Stella Glow :(

Koppai

Oct 25, 2017
I got a GameFly subscription just so I can keep the Yokai Watch Blasters games. They just sent me White Dog and Red Cat lol

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I got a GameFly subscription just so I can keep the Yokai Watch Blasters games. They just sent me White Dog and Red Cat lol

Been considering subscribing as well just to keep some of the games. Some good deals and they normally include first print Editions with all the extras. IIRC, it's best to buy a Gift Card if you plan on subscribing for more than one month.

Also, the Yokai Watch games are available new on Nintendo's Online store, though they are a bit higher priced.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the double post but thought some collectors/gamers may be interested in Jake Hunter 3DS from Gamefly on sale for $17.99. If you have a Subscription it's free shipping. I don't currently and with tax it came out to $22. Game seems to have received a somewhat small print run.

Dec 2, 2017
I bought Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn to avoid the inevitable price rise when it doesn't get a reprint. Gonna try and grab Luigi's Mansion as well.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
GameFly has been adding 3DS games frequently over the last day or so. May be worth taking a look to see what's available periodically.

I bought Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn to avoid the inevitable price rise when it doesn't get a reprint. Gonna try and grab Luigi's Mansion as well.

I'm definitely going to keep an eye on Kirby. I saw Wal Mart had 3 copies today. I doubt it received a large print run but at this point in time I can't imagine it has a very high demand. I'm guessing it will eventually dry up though.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
GameFly has been adding 3DS games frequently over the last day or so. May be worth taking a look to see what's available periodically.

I'm definitely going to keep an eye on Kirby. I saw Wal Mart had 3 copies today. I doubt it received a large print run but at this point in time I can't imagine it has a very high demand. I'm guessing it will eventually dry up though.

Same here. I was only a handful of people preordered apparently. After seeing Warioware ONLY new copies and not many stores carrying it as the days pass, I jumped on epic yarn.

I've probably picked up a dozen 3ds games since xmas. Just getting more difficult to find.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For Yo-kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits and Yo-kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls

do i have to buy both?

and what about Yo-kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters ,

i'm trying to figure out what to buy never playing them

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You don't have to. It's like Pokémon. You should just buy the definitive version Psychic Spectres.
hey guys, i just picked up yo kai watch 3 from my local bestbuy, it was the last copy and yo kai 2 psychic spector from a nearby gamestop complete.

i also picked up mario bowser's minions since it was mario days celebration

Last edited:

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
hey guys, i just picked up yo kai watch 3 from my local bestbuy, it was the last copy and yo kai 2 psychic spector from a nearby gamestop complete.

i also picked up mario bowser's minions since it was mario days celebration

Some of the Yokai Watch games are definitely uncommon already. Will Be interesting to see how Yokai Watch 4 does and if it boost interest in the series, including older titles. Yokai Watch 3 is drying up even more and is getting really difficult to find along with Yokai Watch Blasters. Those were available at Nintendo's Online store but even they have sold out (They still have Yokai Watch 2: Psychic Spectre).

If you find those games and are a Collector I'd Suggest picking them up for sure.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the Yokai Watch games are definitely uncommon already. Will Be interesting to see how Yokai Watch 4 does and if it boost interest in the series, including older titles. Yokai Watch 3 is drying up even more and is getting really difficult to find along with Yokai Watch Blasters. Those were available at Nintendo's Online store but even they have sold out (They still have Yokai Watch 2: Psychic Spectre).

If you find those games and are a Collector I'd Suggest picking them up for sure.
oh damn, i tried to find em and no luck on the blasters...

here's a pic of my pick ups from best buy and gamestop earlier this week:
80elBDml.jpg

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
oh damn, i tried to find em and no luck on the blasters...

here's a pic of my pick ups from best buy and gamestop earlier this week:
80elBDml.jpg

Yea, the blaster games were available at Nintendo's Online store but even they have sold out now. Will be interesting to see how Yokai Watch 4 could affect these titles if it renews interest in the series in North America.

Gameboy415

Oct 30, 2017
NW Suburbs, Illinois
Speaking of Yo-Kai Watch, has anyone come across a copy of Yo-Kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters with this box art?
61L0kB0QdNL.jpg

My copy has the same purple box art as davidwhangchoi's (a few posts up), but this green cover is the product image on Amazon (and several eBay listings).
I'm assuming it was just preliminary art that Amazon never updated (and several eBay sellers used as a stock image) but has anyone seen this cover in-person?

Last edited:

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my hands on the launch edition of The Alliance Alive. Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey Redux might be next. I pray there is a restock of Yo-kai Watch 3. I'm seeing a lot of stories of stores getting 1 or 2 copies. Now the game is scalper territory pretty much.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got my hands on the launch edition of The Alliance Alive. Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey Redux might be next. I pray there is a restock of Yo-kai Watch 3. I'm seeing a lot of stories of stores getting 1 or 2 copies. Now the game is scalper territory pretty much.

Keep a close eye on GameFly. They have been selling a lot of their 3DS stock and frequently update their listings. Also keep in mind that they normally have first print editions, which can bring in a significantly higher price than the standard editions.

I was able to grab a couple games over the years from them that I had missed out on and were out of print.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Hey guys,

i found both Yo Kai Watch Blasters at a gamestop this morning. i checked randomly online and they appeared near me and gave em a call to make sure they were complete:

Xe2it1Qh.jpg

Koppai

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up getting both Yokai Watch Blasters games from GameFly and a new in box Psychic Specters on Ebay for about $38. I'm only missing Bony Spirits I believe. Not sure what else I would want for 3DS at this point.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I ended up getting both Yokai Watch Blasters games from GameFly and a new in box Psychic Specters on Ebay for about $38. I'm only missing Bony Spirits I believe. Not sure what else I would want for 3DS at this point.
Check your local Walmart, mine had Bony Spirits (along with a bunch of other 3DS games) on clearance for $5

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
thanks!

thanks for mentioning this =)

hey guys, i picked it up on the way to dinner =) it was 27usd. toy and extras unopened, game opened.
ZsvWgVWl.jpg

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Question, is Yo-Kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters worth picking up even if I have bony spirits? (yes yes I have YW3 and blasters)

FYI for those in canada, Ebgames are selling The Alliance Alive & Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey Redux for $25 new. AA is also the launch addition. I was able to get AA last week but was too late in finding a SMT near me that I could get to.

Oct 28, 2017
Seems the physical release of Jake Hunter (in EU) was cancelled, pre-order was refunded and the listing was taken down on 365/Base.
Pre-order is still up on Amazon but I imagine it won't stay up for long.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Seems the physical release of Jake Hunter (in EU) was cancelled, pre-order was refunded and the listing was taken down on 365/Base.
Pre-order is still up on Amazon but I imagine it won't stay up for long.
Still available in The Game Collection as well. My preorder from Base is still up, too, though the listing was indeed removed. Hope it wasn't canceled. Guess we'll find out in a couple of days or so.

Oct 28, 2017
Still available in The Game Collection as well. My preorder from Base is still up, too, though the listing was indeed removed. Hope it wasn't canceled. Guess we'll find out in a couple of days or so.
I'm not 100% that it was canceled that was just what was said in the email I got:
"Sadly, this item is no longer being released by the publisher and, as a result, we have had to cancel your order and issue you a full refund for this item. "

There's nothing on Aksys Twitter/website about it but their listing for it brings you to a 404 error:
https://store.aksyseurope.com/products/jake-hunter-detective-story-ghost-of-the-dusk

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
I assume it'll be very limited. I believe it's going to be the last major release
Yup. Persona Q2 will quickly become a collector's item. Question is, how quickly.

At this point I think it's fair to assume releases that aren't first party will have low print runs. I'm saw talk about a number of Persona fans giving this pass because its not dubbed and not going to switch. You can take that as you will.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ah, i just pre-order person q2 after reading these post. i agree since 3ds is going out, i'm trying to grab what i can.