• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
At least unlike with the DS library there's a download option for most games, so the reliance on print runs is less severe.
Doesn't mean I don't wish games like Rhythm Heaven got physical copies though! I like being able to share these games with my wife, which I can't do as easily if I've only got the digital copies!

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
thanks guys,

i finally picked up Yo kai 1 this week
YxKhtCBl.jpg

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Fuck me. Jake Hunter in Europe is confirmed canceled.

The Game Collection said:
Hi there. We're emailing you to inform that the title 'Jake Hunter Detective Story: Ghost of the Dusk (3DS)' has now been cancelled. Therefore we now need to cancel this order and we're very sorry for the inconvenience! Kindest regards

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Any European 3DS collector probably already hacked their system(s) years ago. I know I did. There's too many good titles in other regions we wouldn't be able to play otherwise unless we killed the region lock.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
thanks man!
that's pretty high up there, i never even heard about this title. is the game any good, or just a rare low print title?

Low print run I believe, but for hardcore dungeon crawler fans I'm told it's a quality game. Its pretty much a game made by fans for fans, so the appeal is going to be niche among the niche. I also challenge you to find a legitimate copy of Chrono Trigger DS for a reasonable price! *repeated maniacal laughter*

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Your really going full steam into this 3DS collectathon I see. I don't blame you. I challenge you to find a copy of The Dark Spire for a reasonable price. *maniacal laugh*

I try to add DS games as I can but the high end games are already increasing. Sadly, I think it's just the start for DS and it will continue to see steady increases for a while.

Edit:

Low print run I believe, but for hardcore dungeon crawler fans I'm told it's a quality game. Its pretty much a game made by fans for fans, so the appeal is going to be niche among the niche. I also challenge you to find a legitimate copy of Chrono Trigger DS for a reasonable price! *repeated maniacal laughter*

I actually have a new copy of Chrono Trigger for DS. This is actually a good example of some of the DS price increases I was talking about above. Just 2 years ago this game was sub $20 new and now it's around triple that price.

The Castlevania DS games are another prime example. Grabbed those for ~$20 each a few years back and now they are all well above that with Order of Ecclesia teaching triple digits new and near that for Complete.

Last edited:

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What's considered "reasonable"? Glancing at eBay it seems to be running for about $50ish complete, which in the grand scheme of it doesn't seem too bad. It's only $30 more than what I paid a few years ago, and still way cheaper than the SNES version.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i have that.
just sitting on my shelf sealed. i got it for cheap and also got all three ds castlevanias cheap too

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
I try to add DS games as I can but the high end games are already increasing. Sadly, I think it's just the start for DS and it will continue to see steady increases for a while.

I actually have a new copy of Chrono Trigger for DS. This is actually a good example of some of the DS price increases I was talking about above. Just 2 years ago this game was sub $20 new and now it's around triple that price.

The Castlevania DS games are another prime example. Grabbed those for ~$20 each a few years back and now they are all well above that with Order of Ecclesia teaching triple digits new and near that for Complete.

Yeah. DS games are going to reach SNES game prices eventually. Some are already getting up there like the Castlevania games as you say.

Anybody who thinks they might want to play DS and 3DS games 5 or 10 years down the line and further, better stock up now.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
What's considered "reasonable"? Glancing at eBay it seems to be running for about $50ish complete, which in the grand scheme of it doesn't seem too bad. It's only $30 more than what I paid a few years ago, and still way cheaper than the SNES version.

Last I checked on EBay it was going for around $60 CAD. That was at least a year ago. Maybe this have calmed down now.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Considering Chrono Trigger was around $20 new for a very long time seeing it st $50 new now definitely makes it seem like it's expensive, even if $50 isn't too awful bad in the grand scheme of things.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Yeah, the CV trinity definitely got a little pricier, though Dawn and Portrait are still at reasonable prices. Ecclesia's getting pretty silly, though.

Contra 4 is another one that's been getting up there, at least for complete copies.

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
Handheld games can be odd about what actually becomes highly valuable and what stays middling or crashes

Yokai watch has already been going up
Any of the Layton games
Entrain odyssey
Corpse party
Stella glow
Cooking mama (mama 5 peaked at $45+ for CIB but all the 3ds games got low print)
Fantasy life
Persona Q
Runs factory 4
Disney magical world
Style savvy
Rhythm thief

I still think monster hunter stories will be good long term to buy now.... And anything that released this year or last fall

Oct 26, 2017

I'm SO glad I did the bulk of my DS shopping in 2014-16. These prices are getting stupid considering I bought CT used for 15 bucks, Ecclesia new for 20, Dawn of Sorrow for 20, and Portrait of Ruin for 10.

Can't wait to see if Dragon Quest remakes break higher. For a short time, you couldn't find Dragon Quest VI, and now the remakes are almost impossible to find at a good price.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Handheld games can be odd about what actually becomes highly valuable and what stays middling or crashes

Any of the Layton games
Entrain odyssey
Corpse party
Stella glow
Cooking mama (mama 5 peaked at $45+ for CIB but all the 3ds games got low print)
Fantasy life
Persona Q
Runs factory 4
Disney magical world
Style savvy
Rhythm thief

I still think monster hunter stories will be good long term to buy now.... And anything that released this year or last fall
FE Awakening is one to watch for as well as the other FE games but to a lesser degree. Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn as well as the GBA games show its history.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017

Any of the Layton games
Entrain odyssey
Corpse party
Stella glow
Fantasy life
Persona Q
Runs factory 4
Disney magical world
Style savvy
Rhythm thief

Agree most of the titles releases in the last year, or so, will probably be sought after and pricey as they won't get many reprints. One reason why I try to grab what I can now.

I'm SO glad I did the bulk of my DS shopping in 2014-16. These prices are getting stupid considering I bought CT used for 15 bucks, Ecclesia new for 20, Dawn of Sorrow for 20, and Portrait of Ruin for 10.

Can't wait to see if Dragon Quest remakes break higher. For a short time, you couldn't find Dragon Quest VI, and now the remakes are almost impossible to find at a good price.

Exactly. And most of the prices rose almost overnight. Luckily I saw how Gameboy Advance (and others) had been increasing and decided I better grab any cheap DS games that were on my list. Wish I had done it sooner as I still missed out on some I want and will end up having to pay for those.

I think a lot of the handheld games get pricey because they are so difficult to find complete. GameStop tosses cases and with the nature of handhelds people in general don't keep the cases as much as a home console.

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
I have a bunch of old, rare DS and 3DS games that are in otherwise-mint condition besides their covers being completely ruined by my alcoholic (and now dead) ex spilling a drink all over them. I've looked into re-printing the cover art but I can't find the exact right combination of paper/printer to make it feel authentic.

Nickerous

Nov 2, 2017
That's me too, I think I have a nice DS/3DS collection. Not everything, but just about everything I want to play.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure the best place to ask, but is there a general Gameboy Advance Collector thread? I know other systems have dedicated threads but I couldn't find one for Gameboy Advance when searching.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
I think I'm going to have to put together a list of the games that I still want and just start buying until I've got everything I want before even more games become hard to get. Need to future proof my collection.

itschris

Oct 27, 2017
After an extended period not playing many 3DS games, I've been on a 3DS kick for the past few months. I've been grabbing some new releases, as well as games that I missed out on. So far this year, I've purchased these 8 games:

UgPqj1H.jpg

This is the rest of my collection, if you're interested (I have the digital version of a few retail games, including Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Rhythm Thief, and Return to Popolocrois).

I have Persona Q2 pre-ordered, and I'm still debating whether to get the following games:

Kirby Planet Robobot (surprisingly expensive!)
Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn
Monster Hunter Stories
7th Dragon III Code VFD
Star Fox 64 3D
Project X Zone 2
Detective Pikachu
Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven
Yo-Kai Watch Blasters (also expensive)
Miitopia
Metroid Prime: Federation Force

There might be more that I didn't think of. I'd say the 3DS has ended up with a great library of games, when all's said and done!

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
After an extended period not playing many 3DS games, I've been on a 3DS kick for the past few months. I've been grabbing some new releases, as well as games that I missed out on. So far this year, I've purchased these 8 games:

UgPqj1H.jpg

This is the rest of my collection, if you're interested (I have the digital version of a few retail games, including Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Rhythm Thief, and Return to Popolocrois).

I have Persona Q2 pre-ordered, and I'm still debating whether to get the following games:

Kirby Planet Robobot (surprisingly expensive!)
Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn
Monster Hunter Stories
7th Dragon III Code VFD
Star Fox 64 3D
Project X Zone 2
Detective Pikachu
Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven
Yo-Kai Watch Blasters (also expensive)
Miitopia
Metroid Prime: Federation Force

There might be more that I didn't think of. I'd say the 3DS has ended up with a great library of games, when all's said and done!

Sushi Striker really is a hidden gem. I've put a whole lot more time into that game than the impression I got from previews and such way back then.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Damn, hunting these games down in Canada sucks.

I've been looking for Ace Combat: AHL +, and it ended up being cheaper for me to buy it from the U.S. and pay duties and shipping on top than to simply just buy it here.

My 3DS Collection is pretty healthy but I'm getting back into 3DS now because I hacked it to play Dai Gakuten Saiban, lol. I think I've narrowed my list of "to-gets" down to this:

--
Etrian Odyssey Untold
Etrian Odyssey Untold 2
Etrian Odyssey V
Etrian Odyssey Nexus
Layton's Mystery Journey (The price on this one is insane!!)
Hey Pikmin! (This seems cheap at least)
Kirby: Planet Robobot (Also really pricey!)
Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn
Mario & Luigi™: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey
Persona Q
Persona Q 2
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (At least in Canada, this is waaayyy up there in price)
Stella Glow
--

So still a way to go. I looked around all my local stores this week and couldn''t find a single copy of Robobot. That one was the next game I was intending to buy. Can't find anything lower than $60 on amazon.ca.

Last edited:

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, hunting these games down in Canada sucks.

I've been looking for Ace Combat: AHL +, and it ended up being cheaper for me to buy it from the U.S. and pay duties and shipping on top than to simply just buy it here.

My 3DS Collection is pretty healthy but I'm getting back into 3DS now because I hacked it to play Dai Gakuten Saiben, lol. I think I've narrowed my list of "to-gets" down to this:

--
Etrian Odyssey Untold
Etrian Odyssey Untold 2
Etrian Odyssey V
Etrian Odyssey Nexus
Layton's Mystery Journey Katrielle and the Millionaires (The price on this one is insane!!)
Hey Pikmin! (This seems cheap at least)
Kirby: Planet Robobot (Also really pricey!)
Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn
Mario & Luigi™: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey
Persona Q
Persona Q 2
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (At least in Canada, this is waaayyy up there in price)
Stella Glow
--

So still a way to go. I looked around all my local stores this week and couldn''t find a single copy of Robobot. That one was the next game I was intending to buy. Can't find anything lower than $60 on amazon.ca.

I picked up robobot at a random EB, sitting in the bargain bin used, at $35ish.

Another EB I went to, in search of fire emblem, had ALL 3ds games, new and used, in a drawer behind the counter.

Point is, ask at EB. It could be hiding somewhere.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I picked up robobot at a random EB, sitting in the bargain bin used, at $35ish.

Another EB I went to, in search of fire emblem, had ALL 3ds games, new and used, in a drawer behind the counter.

Point is, ask at EB. It could be hiding somewhere.

Oh, huh seriously? I checked three EBs in downtown Toronto but I assumed that everything they had was on the shelf...