• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hey all! finally found a copy of persona q for decent price. i'll post this in the OT as well.
NLjxNv9l.jpg

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
It'll come down again. Demand is high on it ATM since it just released. The price will drop over the next year.

May drop some but then it will increase again when 3DS collecting really kicks in several years from now.

Also if Yokai Watch 4 is a success that could lead to increased demand for the older titles.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah of course. I just don't want people buying at the scalper prices. It will drop back down.

Yea, agreed. I'd avoid paying over MSRP for any 3DS game at this point. There are still plenty of 3DS games that will turn up at Yard Sales, Pawn Shops, etc... plus it's less likely since the 3DS sales have dwindled, but there is still always the possibility that games get an additional print run.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
dumped off a bunch of games I'd converted to digital over at the Gamestop, and found a Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology for $29.99! The decal sheet and artbook are a tiny bit dinged up because they gutted the package innards (as is tradition), but the box was in great condition and the game was sealed. Pretty happy with myself right now!

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is alright didn't get too far into it but it felt like a standard WarioWare game.
I really enjoyed it, but the only other WarioWare I've played is the original. It's a Best Of for Microgames out of the whole series with great presentation.
Wonder what kind of shipment Persona Q2 is going to have. Expect it to be limited, but to what degree.
Wario Ware Gold is excellent. Everyone needs to have it.

finally picked up warioware =)!
l050o0dl.jpg

Tenrius

For the Snark was a Boojum, you see
Oct 25, 2017
finally picked up warioware =)!
l050o0dl.jpg
Ayy nice you have a chance to play it yet?

I picked it up as well a few months back. It was great, but I sort of hope it'd be longer somehow. I felt like I've done more or less everything in about 4 hours and seen most of the microgames etc. That's kinda standard for a Warioware game, but I wanted it to be meatier considering it's a Gold edition and everything

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
I picked it up as well a few months back. It was great, but I sort of hope it'd be longer somehow. I felt like I've done more or less everything in about 4 hours and seen most of the microgames etc. That's kinda standard for a Warioware game, but I wanted it to be meatier considering it's a Gold edition and everything

I'm pretty sure there are some pretty big bonus features you haven't even seen.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
That might very well be the case! Could you name a few of those extra features?

Split Screen was really fun for me. And you should try all the minigames, especially Pumpkin Panic and the Mewtroids. And then there's the capsule machine. You should try getting all the souvenirs, and it keeps getting more as you play minigames and do other stuff.

Chewie

Nov 29, 2017
Hungary
I honestly don't think I've ever seen a physical copy of Etrian Odyssey V in Europe before. That game probably got an incredibly low print run.

I live in Hungary and I'm shocked that PQ2 is up for preorder at one single store. I had to import the likes of Radiant Historia, EO Nexus and 7th Dragon.

Oct 28, 2017
I honestly don't think I've ever seen a physical copy of Etrian Odyssey V in Europe before. That game probably got an incredibly low print run.

I live in Hungary and I'm shocked that PQ2 is up for preorder at one single store. I had to import the likes of Radiant Historia, EO Nexus and 7th Dragon.
They had a listing up for it on 365 a couple of months ago but it seems to have been taken down, I've found a listing for the german version on Amazon if that helps anyone: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-l...ian+odyssey+v&qid=1555678579&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Just out of curiosity, has anything been announced for a physical release that isn't out in NA/EU yet, aside from Persona Q2? Just wondering if that's likely to be the last one now. I think the boat for any other late localisations I was hoping we might see has sailed at this point. Not that I mind, I've got a shortlist of stuff I still want to pick up.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Just out of curiosity, has anything been announced for a physical release that isn't out in NA/EU yet, aside from Persona Q2? Just wondering if that's likely to be the last one now. I think the boat for any other late localisations I was hoping we might see has sailed at this point. Not that I mind, I've got a shortlist of stuff I still want to pick up.
Q2 is the last of it. I recommend grabbing the CE if you wanna help the retirement fund lol.

Edminton

Jun 4, 2018
Been keeping my eye on Sushi Striker for awhile now. I was hoping to see it go down to $10 or less. Do we think this is likely, or should I bite at $15 on Amazon before the thing starts disappearing? Is the game worth it at that price?

I assumed it would go the way of Code Name: Steam or Chibi-Robo and end up around the $5-$10 range, but I almost never see it in stores (just the Switch version). I wonder if there wasn't much stock to begin with...

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Been keeping my eye on Sushi Striker for awhile now. I was hoping to see it go down to $10 or less. Do we think this is likely, or should I bite at $15 on Amazon before the thing starts disappearing? Is the game worth it at that price?

I assumed it would go the way of Code Name: Steam or Chibi-Robo and end up around the $5-$10 range, but I almost never see it in stores (just the Switch version). I wonder if there wasn't much stock to begin with...
Odd. EB here in Canada had it at 9.99CAD.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Think I should snap up Radiant Historia and Tales of the Abyss while I still can? I was in Gamestop today and the have condensed their entire 3DS library onto one shelf. A few weeks ago they had at least three. I even think the have more DS games on display.

Mr_Kuschels

Oct 25, 2017
So Yo-Kai Watch 3 is considered rare? They still have 3 copies of it at our local Exchange for MSRP. Is the game any good?

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I wonder if the European version of Jake Hunter: Ghost of the Dusk ever went into production. Such an odd cancellation.

Persona Q is one of the most pricey games over here now physical. It's kind of crazy that Codename S.T.E.A.M is so cheap over here now compared to some other 3DS games that came out before it. I don't understand why so many 3DS games are still so pricey over here despite being so old.

Hotsuma

Oct 28, 2017
You might want to check your area Wal Mart. I picked up Radiant Historia for 19.99, Fire Emblem Warriors and Fire Emblem Birthright for 9.00, Fire Emblem Echoes for 12.00 and Yokai Watch 2 for 19.99. This is a YMMV situation because I went to another Walmart after finding these, but there was no clearance sticker on these games.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
You might want to check your area Wal Mart. I picked up Radiant Historia for 19.99, Fire Emblem Warriors and Fire Emblem Birthright for 9.00, Fire Emblem Echoes for 12.00 and Yokai Watch 2 for 19.99. This is a YMMV situation because I went to another Walmart after finding these, but there was no clearance sticker on these games.
I'm in Canada. My WM isn't really hit up by gamers so they have a bevy of good 3DS games I'm just waiting for them to clear, I'm hoping this is a sign more clearances to come!

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017

Wal Mart also had some Pokémon 3DS games for like $3 at some locations if you can find them in stock. Sadly my local store has 2 in stock butbthey are still full price :(

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Got an extra sealed copy of Dragon Quest 8, Strange Journey Redux and Ever Oasis for cheap, hope it pays off. Checking Amazon from time to time for 3DS deals.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Got an extra sealed copy of Dragon Quest 8, Strange Journey Redux and Ever Oasis for cheap, hope it pays off. Checking Amazon from time to time for 3DS deals.

Depending on what you paid for them and how long you plan on holding on to them you should be good. Sealed copies will eventually go up compared to the average going rate currently.

Wolf Parade

Feb 1, 2018
Good thread. 7th Dragon is one I am missing and when I do find it, it's super pricey (like $80+ Canadian).

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Good thread. 7th Dragon is one I am missing and when I do find it, it's super pricey (like $80+ Canadian).

Are you looking for sealed, or Complete?

If you are looking for complete keep an eye on GameFly. It's popped up on there a few times and currently shows the "Keep it" option for $34.99. Will include all the first print items as well.

You also may want to try to click to reopen your GameFly account if you've ever had one. I was able to get 1 month for a $1 and get a game that was only available to keep.

Wolf Parade

Feb 1, 2018
Are you looking for sealed, or Complete?

If you are looking for complete keep an eye on GameFly. It's popped up on there a few times and currently shows the "Keep it" option for $34.99. Will include all the first print items as well.

You also may want to try to click to reopen your GameFly account if you've ever had one. I was able to get 1 month for a $1 and get a game that was only available to keep.

Good advice, thanks!

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
If its still this price on Wednesday then I'll hop on it.

Looks like it dropped a tiny bit more and is now under $21. Normally when they do these small incremental drops periodically it will continue dropping until they get to a price where it starts to sale. It will then level off for a bit and eventually go back up, unless they run out. They may do that a couple times though so hopefully you are able to grab one.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Been watching videos like this to track down games that I still need to get. Probably more useful for people who don't have big collections already, but it's harder to find videos that really dive deep into hidden gem territory.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know of any store exclusive variants? Specifically big box variants? I know of a few but it would be cool if there was a list somewhere, or if anyone on here knows of any they mention it so I can check it out.