• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just watching leafs I can hop on if others are down to play I assume everyone is watching the game

OP
OP
Marvie

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
gKMZT0S.png

Sup dudes

OP
OP
Marvie

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Decent night. Ended with the most dominating 1-0 win Ive seen in a long time.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Is anyone planning on playing tonight? I'm just watching hockey, shoot me a message if people want to play

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Stop making people suffer through your shitty hate of 3's and just play some 3's games. You'd be amazing how much open ice is. :)

OP
OP
Marvie

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
You'd be amazed how much open ice there is when you're playing your position and not crowding other players. :)

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Lol. When I play back and don't pinch when you think I should.. you bitch. Playing up and trying to make plays.. you bitch. I had a 5 point game at center after you left. Of course it felt hollow seeing as it was an OT loss (Pretty good shooters on the other team), but I will most happily take center anytime, Marv. :) D is always open if you want it.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
So it looks like there might be a tuner this week. I know better than to get me hope up, but I'm getting my hopes up that it balances shit out. Fallout and RDR are coming and I'm gonna have to jump on that other train.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
GF is out of town for the week. I will be on early as fuck.

Del. When are we playing FH??

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
WELP.

• Improved consistency of penalty calls from errant stick lifts
  • Increased deking success rate in keeping the puck. Player attributes still provide a big range in ability but all players will be improved from where they were with the change.
  • Improved consistency of blocking incidental stick contact if the stick collided with body geo first
  • Improved pickup solve consistency
  • Players will no longer drop their sticks
  • Improvements to AI goalie decision making when playing the puck out of their net. Mostly impacts goalies that were too aggressive
  • AI goalie puck tracking improvements
  • Reduced the chance ai skaters will put the puck over the glass for delay of game penalties in World of Chel

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
My response.

I know you can't please everyone EA, but that tuner is such a let down.

You only addressed the AI's ability to take delay of game penalties, but fail to reign back overly-aggressive defensive AI. You gave more power to the goalie AI which already has the agility of Spiderman, with a glove forged by Superman himself, and the reflexes of Batman.

Your answer to the crazy stick-lifting YOU yourself created by penalizing even the most harmless poke is.. more penalties for stick-lifting. You upped penalties for poking, stick-lifting, there are more charging penalties, and I swear there's a boarding penalty every other shift because you made it easier for guys to run players like this is NHL Hitz. I'm afraid to play D because it seems all you want me to do is play positions and not touch the player for fear of accidentally picking up a penalty.

So, not only have you handicapped human D's, but you also gave more power to the skate dekers that love to skate circles all day and keep holding onto the puck like they're robots while the stick and puck are magnets. We're now back to NHL 18 in that regard. Much appreciated.

I guess we also forgot about possibly nerfing hits from behind when on a breakaway, the AI being able to catch up with you when you're across the blue line and he's at center ice. Hits from behind, pokes from behind, steals from behind when your body is between the puck and the player (*cough* AI) somehow magically taking the puck away. You could have tuned back clean intercepted passes from impossible angles.

Not sure what else to say anymore.

Delryk

Oct 25, 2017
Well.. deking was a 40% success with a 90 skill so I do appreciate that. The rest is all BS like i said last night. Nothing will really be fixed

OP
OP
Marvie

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this tuner will finally fix this game and there won't be anymore problems with the game

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
I am sorry, I just can't do defense. I am sorry for ruining that game.

this game is only enjoyable for me when intoxicated.