• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Marvie

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Not bad for the first night. Definitely some rust to be shaken off and some other stuff to work on but its one night. Good games still.

Welcome again EVERYlosersHERO Hopefully Jam didn't scare you off.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
I found my bro roar.

pk2mYqx.png

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Stupid ass console. I went to save a gameclip, then it said I couldn't because I rechead my max and I had to delete some. Went to delete some quickly through the xbox menu, went back to the game, and I get the "You have 6 hours left on this trial".

It basically kicked me out of the game and restarted the game because I went to the main menu of the console.

OP
OP
Marvie

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Stupid ass console. I went to save a gameclip, then it said I couldn't because I rechead my max and I had to delete some. Went to delete some quickly through the xbox menu, went back to the game, and I get the "You have 6 hours left on this trial".

It basically kicked me out of the game and restarted the game because I went to the main menu of the console.
At least it wasnt killing your controllers like it did with me. Two different controllers just stopped responding. 3rd one worked fine.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Two questions:
- what's the consensus so far? Better or WAY better than 18?
- Doug Harvey isn't playable, right? (my gramps)

I'll download the trial through EA Access. Let's see how many times I can get concussed in 8 hours?

Delryk

Oct 25, 2017
of course games tonight.

well it's NHL18 but with waaaay better skating controls. (don't care for the rest of the features they put in)

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017

I take it the clip you were trying to save is that hail mary pass you did to set me up for a goal. Shit was sweet.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Two questions:
- what's the consensus so far? Better or WAY better than 18?
- Doug Harvey isn't playable, right? (my gramps)

I'll download the trial through EA Access. Let's see how many times I can get concussed in 8 hours?

What they did better: Skating

What they did worse: Everything else (Menus, dekes, penalties, modes, music, bro-shouting, etc).

Aug 5, 2018
My only real complaint is the tripping tripping tripping. I assume they'll sort that out. I've never gotten as many penalties as I did last night.

Aug 5, 2018
How the hell do the menus and dekes get worse? (I typically don't take penalties in these games and the first thing I do is turn off the music, heh).

I would take maybe one penalty per game on average in 18, less than that in the older games where I was allowed to clear the slot.
Last night it was like 4-5 per game, poke checking is almost a garaunteed penalty, and I got a hooking penalty for the first time that I can remember.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
My only real complaint is the tripping tripping tripping. I assume they'll sort that out. I've never gotten as many penalties as I did last night.

Don't hold your breath. It was worse in the beta. Then they tuned it.. right.

Poke Checking
  • Fixed cases where poke checks were tripping a player after getting puck first
  • Fixes to accuracy of poke checks on stationary/slow moving loose pucks
  • Fixed a case where players were not being tripped after consecutive pokes
  • Various additional poke check targeting fixes

Aug 5, 2018
How long does it take to be able to make new threads? My hvac is out and I was going to ask for help troubleshooting... it's getting hot as balls in here.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Guys. I cancelled my preorder until they tune the fuck out of that game. What a shit show of a game.

EVERYlosersHERO 100 posts and 60 days before you're not a junior.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
The game is out tn? I still have my entire trial to play anyways. I can play tonight whenever.

OP
OP
Marvie

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
We need to work on positioning and turnovers.

Positioning is not good. Need to stop getting bunched up and need to figure out where to go and how to get open.

Turnovers need some work. Trying to skate or deke through players is obviously not working and its a turnover 99% of the time. If its not there, dump it deep or circle back around. We've been awful so far because way too often we're in the offensive zone for less than 5 seconds and the puck is already on its way back down the ice.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
You've got 8 hours of EA Access trial left to convince me to buy this, Highway to Chell-ers. So far, I *do* like the skating update...but first impression is I won't end up with this until it becomes free on EA Access around playoff time. Feels even more samey of a package than usual to me somehow.

That said, EASHL is always where the fun is for me. In my couple of games it seems like low shots for rebounds are a solid tactic when there's no obvious other play.