• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Palas

Oct 29, 2017
Dunno if literally hilarious, but in Chrono Trigger you can act like a total jerk at the beginning of the game (eat some old dude's lunch; kick a lost cat out of the screen instead of taking it to the little girl who's looking for it; try to steal and resell Marle's pendant, etc.). Since you've just started this game you think there will be no consequences for all this but then two chapters later you're actually put on trial and it all comes back to bite you in the ass.

This right here is the mother of all subversive games. Even if some game had done something similar before, Chrono Trigger made it truly important.

Oct 28, 2017
Teaching your pet in Black and White to toss its own shit into rival towns food supplies, so it gets poisoned and they all die. This leads to them begging you for mercy, and converting to you as a god.

Achire

Oct 27, 2017
Planescape is a setting where belief shapes reality. In Planescape: Torment the protagonist has dies numerous times always loosing his memory in the process. As such, recovering menories is a big part of the game. In one flashback you can debate with a person whether he exists or not. When you win the debate, they go poof and stop existing. You can also convince one of your companions to stop existing (which you should, because he's annoying).

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
In How To Be A Complete Bastard on the Spectrum (and I assume the same behaviour exists on other platforms, too) - which is loosely adventure game, there's a number of actions with... impressive results:

* If you fart in the kitchen, the house blows up.
* If you open the umbrella indoors, you turn into an oven
And best of all:
* If you reset the computer, it resets the computer.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Cant believe this isnt on page one cmon guys

enhanced-buzz-orig-29855-1374711953-18.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
In Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus:

You can kill a sobbing, senile Hitler by stomping him in the head while he's lying on the floor and you get up to perform the fight scene. You get killed almost immediately afterwards, though.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
Persona 5's time to button mash option.
112f5a18e4cf82a0a3b7c7cb43082d5ad3db9585_hq.gif

And most recently stuff from Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus, when you are
When you are auditioning for the role of BJ in a propaganda movie the lines that you can choose from some of them had me laughing my ass off. Not to mention the scenes with Hitler afterwards are also Gold.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He saved her life by punching the bullet back out of her head.
Here's what kills me every time I see the video. Adam Jensen is played straight as a man with nothing to lose and looking for answers. And here he comes straight out of the Larry, Curly, and Moe school of MMA to handle the situation by bonking people's heads together and back hand slaping the conscious shit outta them... I fucking love it. I die every time.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Alpha protocol let you run the gamut from sarcastic asshole to a completely deranged psychopath . The game is so reactive to NPC's attitude to you that entire boss battles can be missed if you didn't antagonize them enough beforehand .