• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
Keep in mind that when a DLC character returns they usually release their SC4 1P outfit parts as a free bonus.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Don't forget the male gaze in the trailer!

nyeODVf.png

so tired of this shit

edit: SCIV look for reference

latest
So fucking classy.

Hopefully this is an alt?

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They added huge boob plating and high heels to her design. That armor looks great aside from those 2 things.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
i swear i haven't seen mention of this game since it launched. Someone remind me to buy it on black friday. I played a bunch at a friends house. Its great. Unlike that loathsome tekken 7 :|

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
i swear i haven't seen mention of this game since it launched. Someone remind me to buy it on black friday. I played a bunch at a friends house. Its great. Unlike that loathsome tekken 7 :|
Tekken 7 is in an incredible place right now. It's just a highly technical game.

Season 3's beefed up practice mode will be a huge boon for players of every experience level though.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (2 weeks) sexist trolling, mocking concerns of sexism
Yay! Always loved Hilde. I need to find more time to play Soul Calibur.

I could feel the salt over the boob plate before I even read the thread.

The Stig

Oct 25, 2017
High heels don't really bother me. Yeah, they're stupid af, but whatever. That boobplate is a goddamn eyesore though. Mars the hell out of an otherwise awesome redesign.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
*Reads Hilde is back

Yooooooo! Please don't fuck up her design, tho...

*Watches vid

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Everything is awesome except for that boob armour which is plain dumb, the armour actually moves as she breathes too if you look closely in that initial close up. Fail.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Finally! Hilde is really fun to play. Now, I hope they add Viola to get another cool fighting style.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not a huge fan of that design, especially the boob-plate that the camera focuses on for some reason (seriously?). I like the coat but I feel this whole costume could have been done much better.

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sorry to everyone, I used that monkeys paw i brought. I thought to myself how could this possibly go wrong?

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Before I say what I say, I wanna emphasize that personally I think boob plate looks stupid, and some camera shots make it less likely that following applies, but still, gonna play devil's advocate.

Idea of armor emphasizing gendered characteristic is actually totally in line with history. It's just we barely had female knights, so nobody bothered to make them custom armor.
But, not only armor for dudes sometimes had pointless cod pieces purely as means of showing off "I got big dick" as it had no practical purpose whatsoever, probably most famous type of plate armor with thin waist is actually quite literally a sexy armor for dudes. It comes from times where it was considered sexy af for guys to have thin waists, so they had similar designs even on their every day clothes. And yes, it actually deflected more force towards the waist, other than away, thus sacrificing some of practicality for the sake of making girls turn heads when that knight rode through the town.

NoirSuede

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While yeah the boob armor and high heels here kinda betray the entire point of her original design of non-sexualized beauty, that got me wondering:

Do you guys have ever seen a depiction of knights wearing high-heels in non-Japanese art? Bc it feels like I've only seen those in media that are either anime or try to look like anime

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Before I say what I say, I wanna emphasize that personally I think boob plate looks stupid, and some camera shots make it less likely that following applies, but still, gonna play devil's advocate.

Idea of armor emphasizing gendered characteristic is actually totally in line with history. It's just we barely had female knights, so nobody bothered to make them custom armor.
But, not only armor for dudes sometimes had pointless cod pieces purely as means of showing off "I got big dick" as it had no practical purpose whatsoever, probably most famous type of plate armor with thin waist is actually quite literally a sexy armor for dudes. It comes from times where it was considered sexy af for guys to have thin waists, so they had similar designs even on their every day clothes. And yes, it actually deflected more force towards the waist, other than away, thus sacrificing some of practicality for the sake of making girls turn heads when that knight rode through the town.
I'm sure you can find one-off examples of anything if you look hard enough.
The problem with boob armour isn't so much that it exists (as impractical and dangerous it is, driving weapons directly to the centre of the chest!) - it's that it's apparently the only armour female characters in games are allowed to wear.
Hilde was previously an exception to that rule, so it's sad that they've decided to change her design now. You can no longer say "well, except Hilde".

I mean, I get why. She's a DLC character now, they want to up the sex appeal and get them downloads. I understand that. I don't like it at all, but I'll deal.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
What the FUCK did they do to her? Jesus Christ... That is the most aggressive boob armor I have ever seen. I was excited for this game for exactly one second. God... They ruined the series. This remains one of the thirstiest Soul Calibur games. Disgusting.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Damn. She was absolutely my favorite character in IV and it was in large due to her style and design. I REALLY do not like this redesign in the least :( The new costume is terrible compared to her original look.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo finally.

I hope the customization options has a way to combine her SC4 armour with her new coat; it's gorgeous.

Last edited:

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
The plate sure looks ridiculous, but it's SC, if you don't like any part of a costume just swap it out.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have much to add to the boob armor topic, but I'm just curious why it seems so selective when it's okay and not okay.

For example, why is everyone fine with the boob armor in Wonder Woman? I can't speak to every comic, but in the film there was clear boob armor. I can't remember hearing a single complaint