• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
It's every day more clear that Bernie is the one to beat Trump. His policies are too "far left" (it isn't) for the democratic establishment, but that's the very narrative that got Trump an edge: being a so-called anti-establishment figure (despite not being one).

Deleted member 60096

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Funny how the whole "Vote Blue no matter what" narrative suddenly drops once people start talking about Bernie.
Being British, sure feels oddly familiar seeing all these attacks and smear campaigns coming out against a specific candidate.
Yep, especially with the transparent antisemitism smear immediately after the UK election

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Reminder that Hillary's mentor and friend is one of the most cruel and vicious people alive.

Spare me the talk about getting nothing done, becuse the people that you "admire" and that "get things done" seem to have the blood of thousands in their hands

Of course, libs prefer to ignore this because its easier for them that way when they have to follow her lead

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
I voted for Hilldawg in the General because she was the better of two choices. It felt bad, but was clearly the correct choice given Trump was her opposition.

People that failed to see through her flip-flopping disguised as "changing her views" in the 2016 Primaries? You all got rooked, as evidenced here.

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
"He was in Congress for years. He had one senator support him. Nobody likes him, nobody wants to work with him, he got nothing done. He was a career politician. It's all just baloney and I feel so bad that people got sucked into it."

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Well, at least he didn't allude to staying in because she might get assassinated.

Her doing something bad shouldn't be an excuse for Bernie doing something terrible, as well. It's telling how she was able to eventually warm up to Obama but not to Bernie.

It's every day more clear that Bernie is the one to beat Trump. His policies are too "far left" (it isn't) for the democratic establishment, but that's the very narrative that got Trump an edge: being a so-called anti-establishment figure (despite not being one).

Bernie's not going to get the same reception from the party like Trump got. Two seperate cultures entirely between the two parties.

Cub3h

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Where was this Hillary in 2016? She's on a fucking roll and it's beautiful - the Howard Stern interview was amazing and here she calls it exactly like she sees it.

Playing nice with Bernie got you a group of idiots booing civil rights heroes at the DNC, and now the same toxic staffers are trying to poison the well against Biden, Warren, Pete or whoever gets the nomination.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Clinton is right though. It has always been my biggest concern with Bernie, he has accomplished little. With compromise he could accomplish more, but that is not his approach.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
Oh boy. She actually went as far as saying she may not support him against Trump...

Time to move on Hillary.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
How are her "supporters" getting a pass

Please read the post I responded to. The OP mentioned that the posts in here don't give some proof of the supposed toxicity in the Bernie-supporting crowd, but whenever I see posts like that, I never see anyone talk about the toxicity of Hillary's supporters. It's always how 'evil' the Bernie crowd is.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Why does nobody ever talk about maybe she was a big reason trump got in, Bernie seems way more genuine than her,

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
As if Hilary wasn't a career politician that everybody loved... Get out of here you silly person.

Additionally, Trump was also a "politician" that no Re-pube-lican liked initially and yet they eventually realised that they were capable of effectively using that orange fuck to drive their political agenda defeat her and run the shots for 4 (possibly 8) years.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
How has Hillary not learned yet that she should keep her head down. Like, hey, I'm sorry, it sucks, but Hillary you are the anti-Midas right now. Keep your hands in your pockets at all times. You would think that time she created a Tulsi boomlet in the polls would have taught her that speaking out is counterproductive for her right now.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Where was this Hillary in 2016? She's on a fucking roll and it's beautiful - the Howard Stern interview was amazing and here she calls it exactly like she sees it.

Playing nice with Bernie got you a group of idiots booing civil rights heroes at the DNC, and now the same toxic staffers are trying to poison the well against Biden, Warren, Pete or whoever gets the nomination.
Lol who is poisoning the well against Mayor Pete? His entire career already did that all by itself

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think the "he's just career politician" means she's somehow not.

It's obviously talking about the fact that he's spent 30 years in congress yet is considered a political outsider while being part of the political machine for a length of time that is technically longer than Clinton herself.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll agree with her about the supporters. My mother in law is a bernie bro if you will, and the group she goes with is honestly cult like. She has an attack for literally anyone on the democratic party that isn't bernie. I think bernie has good policies and would make a great candidate, but the level of hate and anger for other candidates that her and her friends have is honestly similar to my dad's blind support for trump.

It's probably more to do with Facebook and social media, and the way it creates teams that care more about an individual then actual politics, but I found it alarming last election when they created such a hatred over Hillary that when bernie was out of the race, they either voted Trump (becuase he pretended to care that bernie was unfairly treated by dnc) or didn't vote at all which led us to this predicament.

Anyhow, I think of voting bernie and it's his supporters that make me second guess, not him.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Running for office as a women in America, if she was this brutally honest she would have been raked through coals by everyone.

This isn't really that shocking that after decades of being in the public eye and with political ambitions, the filter comes off when there is nothing left regarding political life.

Deleted member 8644

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I loved the part where she agreed that one of the worst people on earth is the gold standard, really amazing

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru

Do you think that it was amazing when Stern told Hillary that a war criminal who killed thousands was "the gold standard" and she agreed?

Googleplex

Oct 25, 2017
Funny how the whole "Vote Blue no matter what" narrative suddenly drops once people start talking about Bernie.

Yep, especially with the transparent antisemitism smear immediately after the UK election

Naw Bernie Sanders has earned my distrust in him. And I loath his hardcore followers. But we're not stupid. I'll hold in my vomit and vote for him if I have to, the same way I would for Biden.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How has Hillary not learned yet that she should keep her head down. Like, hey, I'm sorry, it sucks, but Hillary you are the anti-Midas right now. Keep your hands in your pockets at all times. You would think that time she created a Tulsi boomlet in the polls would have taught her that speaking out is counterproductive for her right now.
She cares more about her ego than the country. Keeping her head down wouldn't accomplish anything. It's the same reason people who supported her in 2016 keep bringing her up now, it's about triggering people for the lulz out of jaded spite.

Like just think of how many people ran into that AOC thread yesterday to say how she was damaging the potential nominee, and Hillary is giving interviews suggesting she wouldn't support Sanders if he won. It's pathetic.

Last edited:

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
i thought this was known about bernie. He doesn't have many allies, and has a short legislative record.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
How do you not get mad at this:

I honestly don't understand how anyone thinks that's acceptable to say.

I mean...she's not running in the primary, she has no coalition to rally support to Sander's with and ensure they vote. Campaigning is hard ass work, I wouldn't want to put myself through that either and I'm not half her age.

There's a big gap between asking if you would endorse, and endorse and campaign. Not to mention people will take that hypothetical out of context and you get headlines like "Corporate Shill and Anti-Christ HRC endorses Sanders"

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
yes, because he was a god damn nobody, running against Hillary fucking Clinton, and despised and ridiculed thanks to his leftist platform. Real fair fight that was.

It's not Hillary's fault he didn't come prepared. She cleared the field for him, as well. And it was a fair fight.

Her hinting at another candidate being assassinated: "bad"
Bernie not dropping out after Super Tuesday: "terrible"

They're both horrible things they've done.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
She's right. Forty years of naming post offices isn't shit.

But of course Bernera will swarm this thread, talking about how they are once again being attacked for their support of His Most Holy Peepaw-ness, and denigrating a woman who's spent thirty years being a media punching bag yet still lives rent-free in the heads of many.

Stay mad, Berniestans.
Rent free baby!

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Do you think that it was amazing when Stern told Hillary that a war criminal who killed thousands was "the gold standard" and she agreed?
She literally worked as secretary of state for a war criminal for years. If people disapproved of the death of innocents they would already hate her even without the Stern interview

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
Her doing something bad shouldn't be an excuse for Bernie doing something terrible, as well. It's telling how she was able to eventually warm up to Obama but not to Bernie.

He gave her secretary of state. I doubt Bernie would do that. Also lets not act like one is "bad" and one is "terrible", there was no reason the long primary had to cost Clinton the election and it is nowhere near the top of the list of things that did. Do you really want to get into a holistic conversation about line crossing between Clinton in 2008 and Bernie in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.