• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
"For goodness' sake, I'm sorry, I have to jump in because I've heard a little bit about that," Clinton told PEOPLE in a joint interview with her daughter last week, after they were asked if some female voters would be less than enthusiastic about Biden as the Democratic nominee, given his behavior.

"I mean, I don't think that the Twitterverse is the American electorate, but there are lots of vocal voices that say all kinds of things," said Clinton, 71.

She said that Biden, 76, who is a leading contender to challenge President Donald Trump in next year's election, "is a thoroughly decent human being who has served our country honorably and well for decades."

"You could take any person who sticks their little head above the parapet and says, 'I'm going to run for president,' and find something that … a little annoying habit or other kind of behavior that people are going to pick apart and disagree with," she continued.

"This man [trump] must be defeated," Clinton told PEOPLE. "People who are putting themselves forward, which believe me, is a really difficult process to undergo, should be judged on the totality of their lives and their service."

"We can pick apart anybody. I mean, that's a great spectator sport. But this man who's there in the Oval Office right now poses a clear and present danger to the future of the United States. So get over it," Clinton said. "Look at the candidates, look at what they've accomplished, look at what they have fought for — and vote for anybody to get rid of Donald Trump."
she seems to be making the argument that we should ignore biden's transgressions and consider them not a big deal ("a little annoying habit") just because trump is worse

iunno, of course biden is better than trump and should the choice be between biden and trump, progressives should reluctantly support biden, but at this point it's not yet between biden and trump, so defending biden among those lines at this point in time seems a bit off the mark to me

are you with her? should we "get over" biden touching visibly uncomfortable women and girls and not respecting the professionality of female colleagues just because trump is worse?

Planx

Oct 27, 2017
"It's their turn, shut up and vote" worked so well for Hillary that it can't possibly backfire for Joe

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Irrelevant. Biden is trash for about every reason under the sun whether this included in the list or not. Both need to go away.

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
"We can pick apart anybody. I mean, that's a great spectator sport. But this man who's there in the Oval Office right now poses a clear and present danger to the future of the United States. So get over it," Clinton said. "Look at the candidates, look at what they've accomplished, look at what they have fought for — and vote for anybody to get rid of Donald Trump."

Show me the lie though

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I get what she's saying, but you can absolutely criticize Joe Biden for what I'd consider pretty creepy behavior and recognize that Trump has to go at the same time. I think most on the left with a brain would pick Biden over the incumbent in a heartbeat.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I mean, its a white neoliberal centrist who is apathetic at best to minorities defending another white neoliberal centrist who is apathetic at best to minorities...it shouldent be newsworthy about her defending Biden's interactions with women, she did the same with her own husband's accusers.

In the first place, i'd expect Clinton to defend someone who's cabinet she was apart of. They defend each other's world view, and people apart of their circle. They are both apart of the elite so if they didnt defend each other on pretty much everything, it would be concerning.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
"I don't think that the Twitterverse is the American electorate."

She may be old, but she has a firm grasp on the reality of social media.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She basically bullied Bill's victims, so at least she is consistent on this issue. (Pretty much the only issue she is consistent on)

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Biden being targeted is what got Dems moving on Impeachment, so this is not really surprising tbh.

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Why is hillary coming out in public again? Who asked for that? Who does she think still supports her?

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is a bad take.

I also think that if it comes down to Biden v Trump the choice is obvious.

OP
OP
hydrophilic attack
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Are you going to address the point I made about the timing of these remarks? Once Biden is the only choice vs Trump, sure, go ahead and "get over" his long history of low-key sexual harassment and sexism, but at this point there are other viable democratic party candidates. why go out of your way to bat for the groper at this point instead of boosting a candidate without a history of creepy behaviour?

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
"Get over it", hmm.

maxresdefault.jpg

Would you tell them to... "man up"?

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Are you going to address the point I made about the timing of these remarks? Once Biden is the only choice vs Trump, sure, go ahead and "get over" his long history of low-key sexual harassment and sexism, but at this point there are other viable democratic party candidates. why go out of your way to bat for the groper at this point instead of boosting a candidate without a history of creepy behaviour?

Biden's behavior is cringey and inappropriate to say the least, but it does not approach the behavior and attitudes of the current President. It's not even close.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Reminder, Hillary Clinton personally intervened to protect a sexual harasser in her own campaign because he was a friend and had the victim moved away.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
"Trump is worse, so you should be grateful Biden isn't as bad!"

Centrist tactics

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
i see you ignored the point again, lol

I answered your question.

You refused to accept it.

Trump is more dangerous than Biden. His behavior is more deplorable than Biden's. I want Trump out of office, period. Even if that means looking past Biden's weird touchy-feely-creepyness to make it happen.

"Get over it" may be too strong for the overall issue, I agree. However, if you're going into the voting booth next November and carrying that with you, then yes, GET OVER IT and push the Biden button.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Out of touch old people share similar social opinions when they aren't required to signal virtues to their young supporters.

News at 11.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yaaasss Qwee...

Oh wait, are we not doing that any more?

Fuck the centrist groper and fuck his centrist enabler.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Show me the lie though
As usual, Hillary is misconstrued.

In that quote, she literally just said that you should look at all the candidates and choose the best option based on their accomplishments and record. Which I think is completely rational. Was not a ringing endorsement of anyone, was a very neutral, Trump has got to go, don't rush to judgment but criticaly examine all of the candidates and choose the best option to oust Trump.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
I mean..she's married to Bill Clinton. She was never going to say anything different.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I'd rather we get into how Biden treats women now than in the general. He shouldn't be the nominee.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
If the options next November are Biden or Trump, you bet your ass I'm setting aside all the issues I have with Biden to get Trump out of office. But until he wins the primary, fuck that nonsense. It's a primary, not a coronation. Lets air everything out now and see how the candidates handle it, the GOP sure as fuck won't fight them with kid gloves come next year.