• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-curb-immigration-stop-populists-trump-brexit

"I think Europe needs to get a handle on migration because that is what lit the flame," Clinton said, speaking as part of a series of interviews with senior centrist political figures about the rise of populists, particularly on the right, in Europe and the Americas.

"I admire the very generous and compassionate approaches that were taken particularly by leaders like Angela Merkel, but I think it is fair to say Europe has done its part, and must send a very clear message – 'we are not going to be able to continue provide refuge and support' – because if we don't deal with the migration issue it will continue to roil the body politic."

Thoughts?

Long-term western meddling in Africa and the ME is the reason we have a migrant crisis in the first place. I think it is disgusting to see someone who calls herself a progressive trying to detach the west from its responsibility in destabilizing these areas in the first place. I also think trying to appease far right extremists like Hillary Clinton is trying to do here only gets you more far right extremism, not less.

dyst

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The people causing lots of the problem in the world today are so out of touch as to what their actions cause. From salvery, to wars, to sanctions, to racism. These people are just always confused.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I understand where she's coming from but I fundamentally disagree. Don't submit to demands from terrorists. Pretty simple, IMO.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, saw this earlier. Centrists still haven't figured out that you don't defeat the far right by giving them what they want. They just take it, demand more and use it to show they are in the right. I don't understand why this is so hard to understand. Do not justify your enemies policies by agreeing with them.
This. They've fucked us over since the Clinton administration with this bullshit. Moral victories over actual political victories my ass.

This is what people mean when they say Democrats are centre right. Because in most European countries that's where they'd lie.
This is why us actual liberal democrats want to vote these old, white, centrist fucks out of office and replace them with actual progressives.

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
This. They've fucked us over since the Clinton administration with this bullshit. Moral victories over actual political victories my ass.

This is why us actual liberal democrats want to vote these old, white, centrist fucks out of office and replace them with actual progressives.

Then who do the centrists vote for? A lot of centrists vote Democrat simply because the GOP is the party where the racists are.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, wasn't ceding power to the Nazis to placate them literally how we got the Nazis?

Status
Not open for further replies.