• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
They are further right than the Cameron Tories but in no way shape or form are they anything close to the GOP despite how despicable they are.
Our Conservatives aren't quite as wild as the American Conservatives... yet. We're somewhat heading in that direction. But at least our answer to everything isn't buy guns, homosexuality causes autism and climate change is a hoax. Our Tories begrudgingly have to leave some of that nonsense behind.

The UK is far less religious than America, or at least, it's far more of a private matter here. Religious exceptionalism has ruined America and even with trends in America leaving behind some of the nutjob evangelical shit, the amount of money behind it still leads to power. Like everything in America, wherever the money is, the country follows. Like the NRA!

They hate poor and disabled people as much as American Conservatives. So far claiming they treasure the NHS, but the Tories are the ones who've starved it of funding in order to break it and slowly convince the UK population some forms of privatisation will do a better job of running the NHS. They're not trying to go full-America, but slowly erode and bargain off parts of the NHS.

I've posted this a few places now, but given the content in this topic, I'd like to see the day Hillary tweets this and it's believable

I think the main reason I compare current Tories to the GOP is that they have fully embraced blatant lying and gas-lighting since Trump has shown how viable it is.

I think they hate minorities and the poor just as much as the GOP do but are a little smarter in how they message it to the public.

Yeah we dont have the religious or gun side of it but I think in essence they are very similar.

CrazyIvan1978

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
I know it's hard to comprehend, for those outside the US, and shit some of those that live here I suppose, but we have a two party system. Even if you are not voting for the candidates in those two parties - you still are. Voting your conscience or whatever is nice during primaries, but if you want the opposition to win, then continue being principled I guess.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
I know it's hard to comprehend, for those outside the US, and shit some of those that live here I suppose, but we have a two party system. Even if you are not voting for the candidates in those two parties - you still are. Voting your conscience or whatever is nice during primaries, but if you want the opposition to win, then continue being principled I guess.

We have a two-party system here as well?

Find me anyone advocating sitting at home and playing Mario Kart on your Nintendo Switch instead of voting. Most of the flak thrown at America from the outside doesn't say not to vote, it says to fight for better people to vote for that aren't just a reflection of what we might call Conservatives. Or Conservative-light.

A large part of that is about how you discuss politics and the language being used. Stop scare-mongering your own voting base suggesting meaningful change is a myth and anything to the left of Super-Deluxe-HD-Remastered-Centrism is far-left and unelectable.

While we have our own issues, you should look at that video above where regular British people are flabbergasted at American healthcare costs and feel ashamed. Fight to get it changed by arguing for better candidates.

Brits shitting on America shouldn't be taken hyperdefensively, it should remind you no matter how much we're shitting our bed, America is in a whole different realm of shitting on itself and smearing it all over walls whilst waving banners and donating to frauds. Yes, vote for the best you can when the time comes, but inbetween fight to actually change your country, not feed the status quo and the fatcats just getting wealthier and going on book tours.

Last edited:

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
At least she owned up to the dumb pied piper strategy.

Won't say much more else at this time.

I didn't vote my conscience I hate both candidates and said no to either.

Dems knew what they were getting in to with HRC not my fault and even with what is going on couldn't care less. Dems want to win in a country where basically only half votes they should make smarter decisions that going with a candidate who failed one on the big scene before trump stomped and was quietly pushed in to not running in 2k. She was crap, was never gonna win and pathetic we are still talking about it in 2019.

I don't vote team wall street and diet racism cause they don't happen to be as horrible as team traitor. Go ahead keep trying to reduce my reasons for not voting to conscience or half of america vs the fact that dems for the last 20 years have crapped on their supposed constitiuents and only care about a select few.

Last edited:

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
I think the main reason I compare current Tories to the GOP is that they have fully embraced blatant lying and gas-lighting since Trump has shown how viable it is.

I think they hate minorities and the poor just as much as the GOP do but are a little smarter in how they message it to the public.

Yeah we dont have the religious or gun side of it but I think in essence they are very similar.

I suppose so but the GOP are off the crazy scale.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
People understand this. These are the primaries, and that's why people are fighting for what they want, and against what they don't want. But if you want nothing better than the status quo that got us into all these messes in the first place, continue to condescend and disenfranchise I guess.

I know this is hard to understand, but not energizing people to vote for your lesser of two evils party is also part of the problem. The political parties actually share some blame for how voting goes, even if it's easier to just say "stupid racists did it all, Hillary would have been bae ❤. We don't deserve her "

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
It was an interesting interview, and a rare humanizing opportunity for her. I'm not saying a Howard Stern interview prior to Nov. 2016 would have saved her or anything, but with the election as close as it was any little nudge here or there might have done it.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I suppose so but the GOP are off the crazy scale.
And the Tories aren't?

I just think the Tories have an added layer of professionalism that the GOP doesn't but their opinions on fucking over the poor and minorities are just as bad.

I do think Boris and the Tories learned a lot from Trump in that you can just lie and break convention and there isn't really anything that will be done or at least no lasting consequences. It allowed them to ride the 'fake news' outrage train and ramp up the red scare threats too.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
It was an interesting interview, and a rare humanizing opportunity for her. I'm not saying a Howard Stern interview prior to Nov. 2016 would have saved her or anything, but with the election as close as it was any little nudge here or there might have done it.

The mails didn't help but comey did her raw.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
And the Tories aren't?

I just think the Tories have an added layer of professionalism that the GOP doesn't but their opinions on fucking over the poor and minorities are just as bad.

I do think Boris and the Tories learned a lot from Trump in that you can just lie and break convention and there isn't really anything that will be done or at least no lasting consequences. It allowed them to ride the 'fake news' outrage train and ramp up the red scare threats too.

I mean, when it comes to things such as religion, climate change, same sex marriage and any number of social issues the GOP are just away with the fairies. Don't get me wrong I know that there are Tories who are in lockstep with them but it is nowhere near as common. I disagree with the layer of professionalism they have just been very effective at making people vote against their own self interest wby telling flat out lies.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
I mean, when it comes to things such as religion, climate change, same sex marriage and any number of social issues the GOP are just away with the fairies. Don't get me wrong I know that there are Tories who are in lockstep with them but it is nowhere near as common. I disagree with the layer of professionalism they have just been very effective at making people vote against their own self interest wby telling flat out lies.

America has been the king of doing that for generations by pitting the "lower classes" against themselves like some sort of never-ending battle royale. Where until you actually die you are permanently "resurrected" to keep fighting no matter who is governing the country. Don't mind living a life of crippling debt due to unfortunate genetics leading to terminal conditions, stick around until the day you do die, please.

I mean, that's what the American dream is. Even when you think you've attained wealth, and cemented yourself as the height of... middle-class, you're still in the battle royale mode to be incredibly aggressive towards anyone "lower" than you also trying to climb the ranks. People just coming to steal your wealth, tax you unfairly and make America a communist hellhole where bread is unaffordable. Or something. I'd be interested to know like if that dumb cunt on BBCQT who thought to earn £80,000+ a year put him in the top 50% (hint, £80,000 is top 5% in UK), Americans also massively get it wrong what the average income actually is?

Britains classism copies that to an extent, but like with many things in America, bigger is better, meaning the issue is always blown out to the maximum proportion possible.

There's no better example of it than the African-American communities, or however one identifies, who perpetually exist in some never-ending cycle of "poverty sports". But don't mind the Conservatives who occasionally manage to find some rich black person to wheel out to shout hysterically about bootstraps and the American dream enabling them to be rich and go on book tours, have a chat show or whatever. Cause like above, you know, that top 1%, let alone top 5%, are truly representative ya'all! Just work harder and you can all attain this!

The wealth disparity in America is beyond inhumane and unfortunately the people, largely, have bought into the poverty sports/battle royale of not trying to lift everyone up, but trying to find a way to always laugh at or make themselves feel better someone somewhere in America is worse off. The poors are just trying to steal your money by taxes! Publicly funded healthcare or education is theft! How will you afford your 3rd car of the year if some lazy black person tries to get healthcare off of your income! (cause thats how taxation actually works...).

Quite frankly the shower of shit the Democrats have been fielding for a while now have offered nothing to even start to truly go after the powers and money sources that perpetuate many of these issues. But ain't I glad to hear it seems like big Joe Biden is truly going to change things in America.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As someone who dislikes her greatly, likes Bernie and supports leftist as allies this is a nuclear level take.

Our president literally thinks himself above the law. Hillary would have at least respected norms and not just walked over things like

Not leaving Paris accords
Not fucking up Trade and economics with our allies and the world
Not throwing children in cages
Not strengthening facism and Nazis
Not trying to ban Muslims from America
Not trying to silence LGBTQ
Not trying to legitimize conspiracy theories
Not befriending and aiding people like NK, Russia and just straight up letting SA kill journalists
Not going full throated corruption and nepotism to the point we have an inexperienced manish boy somehow trying for world peace
Not putting ancient white men/Evangelical nutters in our courts
Not strengthening facism and Nazis
Not trying to gang press and strong arm our allies
Not openly pardening war criminals
Not openly questioning and trying to delegitimize our own democracy
Not going on Twitter and whining about every little thing
Not trying to suppress the press
Not trying to suppress her own citizens
Not trying to invite violence against her own people
Not gaslighting them over every little thing
Not acting like a child on the world stage
Not enaging in a level of corruption that would make President Grant blush
Not selling our military wholesale like a PMC
Not fucking saying Nazis are good people
NOT GOING FULL FACISM

But yes, we had a non zero chance of maybe a war happening somewhere. Unlike Trump who is doing all of that, and selling weapons to bad people to go kill more people. But at least he didn't go to war with Iran even though it was OBAMA and their I'll who signed the treaty with Iran and Hillary supported that.

Yes, clearly Hillary would have been just as bad as Trump.

I too live in a society.

For real, it's straight up embarrassing that we have people on this site, a mod no less, sprouting right wing talking points after three fucking years of Trump and the irreparable damage he has done to the world at large, let alone America's retreat from the world stage on key, critical issues.

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's fantastic how much sexism can be found in resetera when the subject is Hillary Clinton glad we have mods to push the discussion on that direction too, simply incredible

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
It's fantastic how much sexism can be found in resetera when the subject is Hillary Clinton glad we have mods to push the discussion on that direction too, simply incredible
I don't agree with Brazil's opinion on her at all (though I do wish others would read his follow-up posts instead of jerking their knees here), but there is nothing sexist in what he said. A lot of the so-called criticism of Clinton you see around does come from sexism, but there's also plenty of legitimate reasons to criticize her too. Let's not conflate things here.

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
D28NYbc.jpg

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I vote for Clinton, but her campaign was boring as fuck and didn't get me excited at all. That being said, many Americans hate women and would never vote for a woman for president.

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't agree with Brazil's opinion on her at all (though I do wish others would read his follow-up posts instead of jerking their knees here), but there is nothing sexist in what he said. A lot of the so-called criticism of Clinton you see around does come from sexism, but there's also plenty of legitimate reasons to criticize her too. Let's not conflate things here.
Sorry, when I pop in here where I left off an we got 12 hour old posts about how "her voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard" and "she should go away for good" following some alternate history fanfic about how Hillary could possibly be worse than Trump on foreign policy. It doesn't install much faith in me that anything will change or improve or that the site is even mature enough to have a discussion about Hillary any more.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
I vote for Clinton, but her campaign was boring as fuck and didn't get me excited at all. That being said, many Americans hate women and would never vote for a woman for president.

I think you'll find someone like AOC who is unashamedly herself and stands for humane principles would go down great with a sensible campaign and the right people supporting her.

And not in the ObamaCHANGE.jpg way.

People will actually believe her. You know, maybe some from the most impoverished or discriminated against communities who often feel taken for granted when yet another establishment Democrat is rolled out as the "hot new thing".

I wanted to say I was shocked when AOC backed Bernie and some Americans were confused or almost disappointed. Yeah, imagine someone standing by principles and policy. "But how can a young talented woman like this back an old white guy?". Oh gee, I dunno, maybe because at this moment in time in America immutable characteristics, while important for various reasons, aren't just put ahead of all principles and policy when the country is on its knees?

Oct 25, 2017
Also I'm gonna be that guy and say a 2.5 hour interview with a Clinton that doesnt even try to question about Bill and Epstein is a farce. That's literally the only thing worth asking them. Yeah you'll lose "access" but why the fuck does Stern need that?

maxxpower

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I think you'll find someone like AOC who is unashamedly herself and stands for humane principles would go down great with a sensible campaign and the right people supporting her.

And not in the ObamaCHANGE.jpg way.

People will actually believe her. You know, maybe some from the most impoverished or discriminated against communities who often feel taken for granted when yet another establishment Democrat is rolled out as the "hot new thing".

I wanted to say I was shocked when AOC backed Bernie and some Americans were confused or almost disappointed. Yeah, imagine someone standing by principles and policy.
No way, independents and swing voters most likely already hate her. She's probably disliked more than Hillary. I fucking love her though.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
No way, independents and swing voters most likely already hate her. She's probably disliked more than Hillary. I fucking love her though.

So give up before you even start because centrists and the right-wingers have called her a Communist? To move forward America has to try to swim through the bullshit. You need a bit of faith to start with that someone without an army of skeletons and hypocrisy in their closet can win the hearts and minds of the country when the country ultimately sees from day 1 they've been consistent and true to their beliefs.

Some of the other Democrats you could throw a million dollars at and ask them to change their opinion depending on what way the wind blows.

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil's comments don't concern the moderating staff at all? Just asking

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Also I'm gonna be that guy and say a 2.5 hour interview with a Clinton that doesnt even try to question about Bill and Epstein is a farce. That's literally the only thing worth asking them. Yeah you'll lose "access" but why the fuck does Stern need that?
She and chelsea laughed about it on the daily show and that was the end of it nextquestionplease

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
Not surprised at all that centrists would steal a cartoon with a strong anti-corporate message:

yes-the-planet-got-destroyed-but-for-a-beautiful-moment-tom-toro.jpg

and appropriate the art with new text to shame people who didn't get in line behind their Wall Street approved candidate.

Some useful idiot in the UK said coming out as a student Conservative was like coming out as gay

It probably won't be long before centrists in America argue coming out as a centrist is like fighting a civil war or something because people question them over supporting the status quo. Or question them over their feelings of "not too much change, just a little".

Candace Owens brand of "Everyone can be rich and famous like me if they just work harder" is part of the classism in the UK too. As if, you know, the poor folks working 2~3 minimum wage jobs 7 days a week don't work hard when propping themselves up with energy drinks and pills. Doing the jobs the middle-class probably look down on.

Yet they can't get a house and are stuck renting from shitty landlords because there is fuck all affordable homes. Just get the 4th job! (Maybe then you can afford a PS3 or something)

Or the Amazon workers working themselves to death don't work hard enough, because they're not all millionaires yet who can retweet shit on Twitter about the American Dream and having a YouTube TV show.

Tell some of the folks in that documentary to "simmer down" and support their newly wheeled out Democrat Centrist without being cheeky, and whilst doing so, just work harder!

Last edited:

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Actually, we don't have an inherent two-party system. We have a de facto duopoly that people continue to support under the guise of pragmatism and political expedience, which is unfortunate given how poor both options currently are.

And when anyone deigns to vote outside that duopoly, they are ridiculed and shamed, even though such an attitude is antithetical to democracy.

And to be clear, in regards to your talk of opposition, like Dr. King I consider the moderate liberal to be the biggest impediment to progressivism in this nation.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
User banned (2 weeks): condescending mansplaining + previously warned for condescendingly speaking down to marginalised people
Glad the ResetEra mod team is so invested in clarifying what is and isn't sexism.

So you wanna weigh in on this one or what

She was on Graham Norton last weekend and it had never occurred to me just how much her voice grates. That upwards inflection that she does even multiple times within a fucking sentence is chalkboard and nails to me.

I'll wait

source.gif

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Some useful idiot in the UK said coming out as a student Conservative was like coming out as gay

It probably won't be long before centrists in America argue coming out as a centrist is like fighting a civil war or something because people question them over supporting the status quo. Or question them over their feelings of "not too much change, just a little".

Candace Owens brand of "Everyone can be rich and famous like me if they just work harder" is part of the classism in the UK too. As if, you know, the poor folks working 2~3 minimum wage jobs 7 days a week don't work hard when propping themselves up with energy drinks and pills. Doing the jobs the middle-class probably look down on.

Yet they can't get a house and are stuck renting from shitty landlords because there is fuck all affordable homes. Just get the 4th job! (Maybe then you can afford a PS3 or something)

Or the Amazon workers working themselves to death don't work hard enough, because they're not all millionaires yet who can retweet shit on Twitter about the American Dream and having a YouTube TV show.

Tell some of the folks in that documentary to "simmer down" and support their newly wheeled out Democrat Centrist without being cheeky, and whilst doing so, just work harder!

giphy.gif

CrazyIvan1978

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
I am sorry for the off-topic commentary.

People can spin it whichever way they want, I am not disagreeing that there is a better way for all of us. What I am trying to convey is that this better way is not going to happen AT ALL with republicans at the helm, and being principled in the general election gets you exactly that.

I can also see that there has been some shift toward progressives inside the democratic party, which wouldn't have been possible without being principled. But that happens during primaries. Once those are done it is definitely not helpful to continue squabbling over ideology when trying to defeat the opposition on the ballot.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019

I'm being critical of centrists, many of whom come out to play when arguing for the Democrats not to rock the boat and stay the same. And for everyone else to fall inline and feel the same as them. Shouldn't be hard to see that.

Memes furthering centrist propaganda are just as bad as anyone trying to silence others with guilt or shame. Like the Conservative example from the UK I provided, which ties directly into Candance Owens attempts to suppress black voters in America (the UK Conservative that went viral is one of the Turning Point USA believers).

As for the comments about poor people, people working themselves to death and so on, those are the prime examples of voters who are getting fucking pissed off with centrists telling them to eat what is put down in front of them and not rock the boat. The whole "some change is okay, but not too much change" ideal.

America elected Obama, a historic moment for the first black President. One for this history books for sure. Okay, but in day to day living after 8 years of Obama, how much actual change was there? You know, he ran that inspiring campaign on change. And in response to that since 2016 we've heard people, including Obama recently, arguing that what is actually needed now is a further shift to the center in order to sort America out?

America being capable of electing a woman like nearly every other fucking country on earth should be... able to happen. But like Obama, don't be surprised that many people, including some of those I alluded to above, don't just praise Hillary Clinton because she can make history due to her immutable characteristics. For many she is yet another rich centrist Democrat and simply saying "But anyone is better than Trump", isn't exactly an inspiring hurdle to get over.

Last edited:

maxxpower

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
So give up before you even start because centrists and the right-wingers have called her a Communist? To move forward America has to try to swim through the bullshit. You need a bit of faith to start with that someone without an army of skeletons and hypocrisy in their closet can win the hearts and minds of the country when the country ultimately sees from day 1 they've been consistent and true to their beliefs.

Some of the other Democrats you could throw a million dollars at and ask them to change their opinion depending on what way the wind blows.
I mean I'm right there with you but it looks like centrism will continue to dominate the Democratic field for at least the next decade and a half.

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm being critical of centrists, many of whom come out to play when arguing for the Democrats not to rock the boat and stay the same. And for everyone else to fall inline and feel the same as them. Shouldn't be hard to see that.

Memes furthering centrist propaganda are just as bad as anyone trying to silence others with guilt or shame. Like the Conservative example from the UK I provided, which ties directly into Candance Owens attempts to suppress black voters in America (the UK Conservative that went viral is one of the Turning Point USA believers).
Centrist propaganda? Please, there are two people who have the ability to become president, the Republican Candidate or the Democratic Candidate, it's not propaganda to rightfully explain that voting with your conscience or whatever the fuck is in fact voting for the lesser of two evils.

Everything else is a vote for the person you disagree with the most like it or not

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
Centrist propaganda? Please, there are two people who have the ability to become president, the Republican Candidate or the Democratic Candidate, it's not propaganda to rightfully explain that voting with your conscience or whatever the fuck is in fact voting for the lesser of two evils.

Everything else is a vote for the person you disagree with the most like it or not

Repurposing the original meme with guilt-tripping others isn't exactly the way to do it. Especially not with the added irony the original graphic seems to be anti-establishment and a criticism of capitalism when it leads to destruction.

There probably isn't a richer country on this planet so riddled with out of control capitalism and anti-worker rights as America. Before we even touch healthcare. One of if not the richest countries in the world and this is your healthcare system

(yes, it's worth constantly making Americans watch that)

And some wonder why many are angry at the strain of centrism that riddles America? Yes, that is often going to take the form of lashing out at Democrat candidates if they appear to be the embodiment of centrism and/or not rocking the boat.

Yet the response to said people is often to get soo smug and angry they are critical of the candidate you like because "2 party system, deal with it, like who you have to vote for or shut up".

The people who will hopefully be remembered in American history will be those who don't shut up, those who fight with a passion to force change and not put up with more rich centrists promising and not delivering. Don't worry about them, they have their book tours to go on whether they get to become President or not.

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Glad the ResetEra mod team is so invested in clarifying what is and isn't sexism.

So you wanna weigh in on this one or what

I'll wait

source.gif
Morrigan said that Brazil's post didn't contain any sexism (whether you agree with his take or not), and unless you can point out something I'm missing, I'm not seeing it either. She also acknowledged that some criticism of her does come from a place of sexism.

And yeah, that post you quoted sucks and is a clear example of it.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Because I think Hillary Clinton is a Conservative doesn't mean I'd have abstained from voting for her in 2016 if I lived in America.

Hillary Clinton is to the left of about 60-80% of the voting population of the United States.

Also, another reminder, people who are far to the right of Hillary are those who will determine what even glorious perfect Saint Bernard is able to past, so spoiler alert - Bernie won't be passing Medicare for All, no matter how many people on Twitter favorite his tweets.

Plus, it's hilarious seeing anybody from Europe being smug about American politics, when the moment any brown people showed up, half the working class embraced far-right parties.

Big "I'm going to speak to your manager and get you fired" energy in here

Big 'it's not sexism if it's aimed at somebody we don't like' energy here.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
Hillary Clinton is to the left of about 60-80% of the voting population of the United States.

Also, another reminder, people who are far to the right of Hillary are those who will determine what even glorious perfect Saint Bernard is able to past, so spoiler alert - Bernie won't be passing Medicare for All, no matter how many people on Twitter favorite his tweets.

Plus, it's hilarious seeing anybody from Europe being smug about American politics, when the moment any brown people showed up, half the working class embraced far-right parties.

Big 'it's not sexism if it's aimed at somebody we don't like' energy here.

So, the centrist manifesto to a tee. The voters won't ever change, this candidate is actually left-wing and medicare for all is a fantasy so why bother.

It seems people are still failing to understand the power of speech and each voter out there being considered like an ant carrying about a "idea virus". Said virus spreads if enough contamination occurs.

Putting in less horrific terms, you ain't "defeating centrism" as long as you propagate it via apathy and suppressing the thought of change before it can ever truly be fought for.

America doesn't just exist for you to waddle about in for your 80-90 year life. It's not just a saying when people talk about wanting to make the future better for their children or children's children. This planet is still going to be around for quite a long time to come, sometimes change is fought for over generations, whether that makes you disappointed or not you might be dead before truly reaping the rewards.

People fighting for your right to vote today, especially if you are a woman, might never have got to vote themselves. Medicare for all might not hit your feet, you could be right there, but that doesn't mean you can't fight for it for the chance America does one day stop being an inhumane hellhole around healthcare.

Last edited:

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So, the centrist manifesto to a tee. The voters won't ever change, this candidate is actually left-wing and medicare for all is a fantasy so why bother.

No, the voters will change - there's just no evidence of any long term shift to glorious socialism and that it's a long term thing. The simple fact is every major candidate, even Amy K is to the left of everybody major who ran in 2008. Barack Obama would be the most right-wing primary candidate if he ran on the same platform he did in '08.

Medicare for All is a fantasy until you convince me how Bernie is going to convince people like Chris Coons, who will have a full 6 year term starting in 2021, to vote for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.