• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never forget the time Ja released "Clap Back" only for MTV etc to censor the word "clap" in the hook and thus produced one of the funniest radio edits ever

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Its all a ploy to get eminem to respond. Even Ja feels bad about dudes current status he tryin to light a fire under his ass

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
somebody call Ja

I0mHZdL.gif

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tinashe must be cursed or something.

- Album's been delayed infinitely.
- Singles keep flopping
- Had her title track get taken by Rihanna
- And now Offset says some homophobic stuff on a song called "No Issues."

Fucking hell, hopefully she passes the curse onto someone else because her music is dope.

I feel like Tinashe is doing herself a disservice by continually trying to ride the traditional R&B/Pop wave. Some of the songs from her mixtapes where she experiments & works with electronic producers end up better than her big budget work. I think she'd do better if she stopped trying to be in the same line as someone like Rihanna & fully embraced electronic music & producers like Kelela has.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Tinashe got a big push a few years back. She was on the radio, she was doing all of those crappy summer jam concerts organized by CBS Radio in every city in the country. If she wanted to be a huge radio star she needed to come with an album full of collabos and hooks on rap songs. She was in the same position as people like Lil Uzi and Post Malone was last year and they have completely blown up.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Anybody got some recommendations for stuff like Tinashe? Kinda darker R&B stuff?

I'm listening to all the old Tinashe songs, and I really love a lot of them until the featured guy typically creeps me out.
Like schoolboy q in 2 on
Uh, pull your panties down from under you
Beat that pussy up, make you wanna holla Q
Drunk than a bitch, high on that Mary Jane
Pussy in my mouth, pussy on my pinky ring
Gross, guy. Such a crap verse "Weed, pussy, drunk" wow so creative.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody got some recommendations for stuff like Tinashe? Kinda darker R&B stuff?

I'm listening to all the old Tinashe songs, and I really love a lot of them until the featured guy typically creeps me out.
Like schoolboy q in 2 on

Banks.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Abra is super dope. I think Kelela is the easier sell especially her last two albums that were more pop centric at least compared to her first album. "A Message" and "rewind" are my shit.

Last edited:

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Tinashe got a big push a few years back. She was on the radio, she was doing all of those crappy summer jam concerts organized by CBS Radio in every city in the country. If she wanted to be a huge radio star she needed to come with an album full of collabos and hooks on rap songs. She was in the same position as people like Lil Uzi and Post Malone was last year and they have completely blown up.
She's boring as hell to me. Need more than that these days to stand out in the pop R&B scene since actual beat production has really taken off this last decade; all you needed in the 00's was a Timbo beat and a generic R&B cutie to be in the top 10. Tinashe reminds me of that era.

Hate on Post all you want, he has a nice voice that he uses in versatile ways. Uzi IMO will be a one hit wonder though /runs.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
She's boring as hell to me. Need more than that these days to stand out in the pop R&B scene since actual beat production has really taken off this last decade; all you needed in the 00's was a Timbo beat and a generic R&B cutie to be in the top 10. Tinashe reminds me of that era.
I'm a fan, but I totally get that. Mostly, I really like Party Favors for its atmosphere. For sure a lot of the songs are generic.
Abra is super dope. I think Kelela is the easier sell especially her last two albums that were more pop centric at least compared to her first album. "A Message" and "rewind" are my shit.
Wow. Rewind is great. Thank you very much. Living in Japan for years and I've mostly been listening to Japanese music for the last decade. It's nice to get back into stuff like this. I'm totally out of the loop.

Last edited:

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Hate on Post all you want, he has a nice voice that he uses in versatile ways. Uzi IMO will be a one hit wonder though /runs.

I'm not hating on Post Malone. I'm just saying he got way bigger AFTER he got major push. He gets and uses the 21 savage verse instead of the T-Pain verse because he knows that's going to hit the most ears and eyes and grow his audience even more. It's a cut and paste industry.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I'm not hating on Post Malone. I'm just saying he got way bigger AFTER he got major push. He gets and uses the 21 savage verse instead of the T-Pain verse because he knows that's going to hit the most ears and eyes and grow his audience even more. It's a cut and paste industry.

True; I still think Post stands out on Rockstar. I mean it's 21 Savage's #1 hit by far as well. Post actually has a bit more chart presence overall than 21 does.

It's true that hot features helps; but it goes both ways, and you still have to stand out to really pop.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing the shit out this finesse remix. Bruno had such a enjoyable album. Short too.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Loving Abra and Kelela so far.

I'd only ever heard that lazy song living abroad, which I wasn't into. Is his music usually like this song? It's great.

Haha yeah that's off debut. I'm a fan of it for sentimental reasons. But this new direction hes gone with Finesse and Versace On The Floor sounds reminiscent of throwback R&B and funk. It's got a real retro feel as you can tell off Finesse with Cardi B I prefer it to his music during 2008-9.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Haha yeah that's off debut. I'm a fan of it for sentimental reasons. But this new direction hes gone with Finesse and Versace On The Floor sounds reminiscent of throwback R&B and funk. It's got a real retro feel as you can tell off Finesse with Cardi B I prefer it to his music during 2008-9.
I'll definitely be keeping an eye on him now.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Like schoolboy q in 2 on

Don't miss out on FKA Twigs, one of the best pop/rnb -isch style artists in years.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Vorheez Listening to Project Baby 2 again - Kodak's beat picking is so good. It's just that his voice can get grating after a while on some songs. He has some nice melodies here and there, though.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I do actually like every thing Robert Pattinson has been in since twilight. Nice to hear twigs still around though.

PlayDat

Oct 25, 2017
I've listened to 3 Tinashe projects over the years and can't remember anything from them except that one song with Travis Scott.

Tinashe - Vulnerable ft. Travis Scott

Not really excited for new stuff from her.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cosigning the Kelela, FKA twigs and Abra recommendations. I would also suggest Sevdaliza, IAMDDB and doja cat (these last 2may not be completely similar but doing cool things)

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Jersey's are cool, i'm actually legit wondering though. Because fads go in cycles and considering folks rocking 90's shit out here, its due to start up in a few years. I wonder if it will be E-sports jersey's though.

Hahahahaha. Don't wear none of that aside from jerseys. Ain't a cleaner fit than that baseball button up+hoodie combo. Especially now during winter season. Whew.

Those spinner shoes were fuckin hilarious tho.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Some dude in middle school put soap in his shit and was walking down the halls with bubbles flying out his heels between classes

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
ive liked Tinashe songs over the years but maybe it was just her looks that kept me giving her chances. The song she did with Jacques green "painted faces" was so dope at the time. The remix he did of frank oceans white Ferrari is actually better than the original for me.

PlayDat

Oct 25, 2017
Hus Kingpin ft. Planet Asia - RZA

N9Mj6ID.gif

May God Bless Your Hustle is growing on me. Didn't love it at first,
Mike - Paul ft. Johnny U

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Jersey's are cool, i'm actually legit wondering though. Because fads go in cycles and considering folks rocking 90's shit out here, its due to start up in a few years. I wonder if it will be E-sports jersey's though.

Just missing the Gino Green Global hoodie. Is it the G's... or the 9s?

Don't understand the child neglect though. He always with his kid, and as far as I knew, he was cool with the baby mama. What could this mean exactly? Like, not feeding the kid or something?

Stream yourself blowing weed in your kids face while they walk freely around loaded firearms on IG live brehs.

I get that you like his music but seriously how can you stan so hard for someone this dumb lol

Last edited:

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
MF DOOM in 2004 applies to basically everybody on the planet these days using Instagram but especially rappers.

rap snitches, telling all their business
sit in court, be they own star witnesses

Status
Not open for further replies.