• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Just randomly saw this Cherry Bomb documentary - fun watch. There's a part with Ye in the studio trying to record his SMUCKERS verse.

Vorheez

Oct 27, 2017
Vorheez Listening to Project Baby 2 again - Kodak's beat picking is so good. It's just that his voice can get grating after a while on some songs. He has some nice melodies here and there, though.
Yeah, I love the beat selection. Thank for showing love today

Stream yourself blowing weed in your kids face while they walk freely around loaded firearms on IG live brehs.

I get that you like his music but seriously how can you stan so hard for someone this dumb lol
Because I love his music, it's that simple.

Raid any home in the projects right now and what do you think you're gonna find? Are they dumb too? Better yet, if they were to raid your house right now, what would they find? May not be anything illegal, but I can guarantee they'll find shit you would have rather kept to yourself, or things that were none of their business. Kodak has some weed and guns around the house (in fuckin Florida), big whoop. I'll need to see some proof that he was blowing smoke in his kids face. If true, then that is inexcusable, and it is also fucked up to have your kids around guns, but we don't know how those guns were kept and whether or not they were even loaded. I was raised around drugs and bad shit too. That's just how it is for some families

Last edited:

HiResDes

Oct 25, 2017
Why do you need proof you saw him give his money drugs, why do you think he's above child neglect, what evidence do you have to show he has any redeeming qualities whatsoever lol

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Be your own star witness on IG Live.

Rapp Snitch hasn't been this important in a while.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I love the beat selection. Thank for showing love today

Because I love his music, it's that simple.

Raid any home in the projects right now and what do you think you're gonna find? Are they dumb too? Better yet, if they were to raid your house right now, what would they find? May not be anything illegal, but I can guarantee they'll find shit you would have rather kept to yourself, or things that were none of their business. Kodak has some weed and guns around the house (in fuckin Florida), big whoop. I'll need to see some proof that he was blowing smoke in his kids face. If true, then that is inexcusable, and it is also fucked up to have your kids around guns, but we don't know how those guns were kept and whether or not they were even loaded. I was raised around drugs and bad shit too. That's just how it is for some families

I sincerely doubt if you walk into any given home in a housing project you're gonna find dudes waving around blunts and loaded weapons while toddlers wander around. I'm sure it happens, but acting like that it's somehow acceptable because 'oh well other people do it to' is silly, and given his exact circumstances I don't see how you can say this is anything other than dumb as shit. If you wanna live dangerously and smoke weed and be around guns while specifically being told not to by the terms of your house arrest, go ahead, but if you're doing all that shit and you're broadcasting it for the world to see, you're just plain dumb. It's not like he's some random dude doing this either, he's famous! Like why?! Why would he think this would slide lmao

Just say you like the guys music. You don't need to excuse his shitty behavior dude

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Just had a thought.. some of the same people here complain about culture vultures rep chinese trap rappers; check yo'selves.

Vorheez

Oct 27, 2017
Why do you need proof you saw him give his money drugs, why do you think he's above child neglect, what evidence do you have to show he has any redeeming qualities whatsoever lol
Well, for one, he has given his family and friends lives that they would have otherwise never had. He takes care of all his people (something like 15 overall) and is completely selfless. He shares all of his success with the people he loves, and has been a great father to his son. I've seen dozens of hours of him being a good father on IG live versus the claims y'all are making. He also has a great relationship with the kids mom. So, I can safely make a generalization from those observations that he is an overall good father. Perfect? No, but no father is, and smoking weed around your kid is the dumbest argument you can make against that. May as well say that having beers around your kids makes you a shitty father. Again, the gun situation is fucked up, but I need more information before I can draw definitive conclusions. And welcome to America. It's not a problem unique to Kodak Black or black people.

Why do I need more information? Because I'm not a cynical person. I firmly believe in the inherent good in all of us. I don't believe anyone is all bad, and I think that we all strive to achieve self-realization in our own ways.

I have heard more than enough in his songs throughout the years to know (based on my own personal experience and 4 years of studying psychology) that he is struggling with significant internal conflict and doesn't have the proper guidance/support systems around him to pull him through it. It's sad. Seeing a man want to change and be better is enough for me to believe in him and support him in doing so. Learning how to be a better person takes years and years of dedicated hard work and consistency. How much time did Kodak have? Just over a year? It took 19-20 years for him to become who he is today, and people expect him to change and reverse those cemented learning patterns/habits in less than a year. It's literally impossible. Nobody can change overnight. Improvement is all relative, and I'll be damned if anyone tries to deny how much of a better situation he was in now compared to a few years ago. He was slowly making those changes, but with those changes are going to come plenty of mistakes, and nobody is willing to be patient with him while he learns and grows as an individual. But I am, and I'm going to stand behind him just as I would anyone else who wants to become a better version of themselves.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't really know about him outside of the music. Weed or drugs I don't have any problem with but I'm not a parent and I suspect your perspective changes when you have a kid. My position regarding IG is people should just stay off that shit. What good ever comes from being fucked up in the public eye? Hell yes I would have plenty of shit to hide if cops searched my house. That's why I don't do shit to provoke their attention.

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, for one, he has given his family and friends lives that they would have otherwise never had. He takes care of all his people (something like 15 overall) and is completely selfless. He shares all of his success with the people he loves, and has been a great father to his son. I've seen dozens of hours of him being a good father on IG live versus the claims y'all are making. He also has a great relationship with the kids mom. So, I can safely make a generalization from those observations that he is an overall good father. Perfect? No, but no father is, and smoking weed around your kid is the dumbest argument you can make against that. May as well say that having beers around your kids makes you a shitty father. Again, the gun situation is fucked up, but I need more information before I can draw definitive conclusions. And welcome to America. It's not a problem unique to Kodak Black or black people.

Why do I need more information? Because I'm not a cynical person. I firmly believe in the inherent good in all of us. I don't believe anyone is all bad, and I think that we all strive to achieve self-realization in our own ways.

I have heard more than enough in his songs throughout the years to know (based on my own personal experience and 4 years of studying psychology) that he is struggling with significant internal conflict and doesn't have the proper guidance/support systems around him to pull him through it. It's sad. Seeing a man want to change and be better is enough for me to believe in him and support him in doing so. Learning how to be a better person takes years and years of dedicated hard work and consistency. How much time did Kodak have? Just over a year? It took 19-20 years for him to become who he is today, and people expect him to change and reverse those cemented learning patterns/habits in less than a year. It's literally impossible. Nobody can change overnight. Improvement is all relative, and I'll be damned if anyone tries to deny how much of a better situation he was in now compared to a few years ago. He was slowly making those changes, but with those changes are going to come plenty of mistakes, and nobody is willing to be patient with him while he learns and grows as an individual. But I am, and I'm going to stand behind him just as I would anyone else who wants to become a better version of themselves.
Dude, cmon. Smoking weed in the same room as a toddler is not at all equivalent to having a beer near your kid. You're playing armchair psychologist claiming the guy is a good father striving to be better, but what part of streaming yourself smoking weed and being around guns while on house arrest that specifically prohibits you from doing those things strikes you as self-improvement? What part of violating your conditions and potentially getting yourself sent back to jail strikes you as being a responsible parent?

Moreover, why are you so personally invested in the public image and success of a total stranger? And I don't mean this as an attack, cuz lord knows I like plenty of music by artists who have done terrible shit, but I also realized long ago that enjoying art doesn't mean one has to justify the behavior or attitudes of it's creator. It's just baffling to me why you keep going up to bat for this guys antics man

PlayDat

Oct 25, 2017
Which one of y'all is this?
JYGbulC.gif

RedEye

Oct 25, 2017
AWGE DVD VOL 2

That new domo genesis track is fire. a collab between him and dom mclennon from BH would be cool

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I forgot to think about Quavo when it came to feature killers last year. Probably far and away the guy who made the most guap off features last year between Congratulations, Strip That Down, and I'm The One.

He has one of my favourite features of last year on one of the most underrated songs of the year too, Castro:

FLOATING on that beat, so memorable.

Quavo, Huncho, my life like paaaaaaaaablo

PlayDat

Oct 25, 2017
Sylvan LaCue - Apologies in Advance

why are you so personally invested in the public image and success of a total stranger?
QTNA I've already accepted that most of my favorites rappers are probably assholes in person. It's okay. I'm not trying to be friends with them. They'd have to cause serious harm to another person for me to stop supporting their work. Is putting Kodak in prison going to help anyone? Probably not, but I'm not going to bat for someone as awful as him.

Vorheez

Oct 27, 2017
Moreover, why are you so personally invested in the public image and success of a total stranger? And I don't mean this as an attack, cuz lord knows I like plenty of music by artists who have done terrible shit, but I also realized long ago that enjoying art doesn't mean one has to justify the behavior or attitudes of it's creator. It's just baffling to me why you keep going up to bat for this guys antics man
Kodak has brought so much positivity and happiness to my life through his music over the years that I've got mad love for him and wish him all the best in his future endeavours.

What's so wrong with wishing for someone to be happy? Especially if they've done a lot for you. I ain't gonna wish bad on anyone man, that's just not my style. I'm all about love. Do you guys really not have ANY artists that you feel the same way about? There's got to be someone that you've felt this passionate about in your life.

Vorheez

Oct 27, 2017
What's that shit kdot says at the end of that one song? When shit hits the fan is you still a fan, or something like that? Well he's talking about me. I'm that fan that remains loyal to these artists.

Also, I think it's important to mention that I have a special level of understanding and empathy for people. Someone earlier said that I'm an armchair psychologist. Well, I'm actually in the last semester for my undergrad, and I'm already set up for my graduate program through Grant MacEwan. I'm mentioning this because my specialization will be working within the prison systems to help rehabilitate inmates and prepare them for life outside of prison. Just a little tidbit for anyone who is curious as to why I take the stance that I do.

Last edited:

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kodak has brought so much positivity and happiness to my life through his music over the years that I've got mad love for him and wish him all the best in his future endeavours.

What's so wrong with wishing for someone to be happy? Especially if they've done a lot for you. I ain't gonna wish bad on anyone man, that's just not my style. I'm all about love. Do you guys really not have ANY artists that you feel the same way about? There's got to be someone that you've felt this passionate about in your life.
What's that shit kdot says at the end of that one song? When shit hits the fan is you still a fam, or something like that? Well he's talking about me. I'm that fan that remains loyal to these artists.

Also, I think it's important to mention that I have a special level of understanding and empathy for people. Someone earlier said that I'm an armchair psychologist. Well, I'm actually in the last semester for my undergrad, and I'm alteady set up for my graduate program through Grant MacEwan. I'm mentioning this because my specialization will be working within the prison systems to help rehabilitate inmates and prepare them for life outside of prison. Just a little tidbit for anyone who is curious as to why I take the stance that I do.

There's nothing wrong with that, and I can appreciate and relate to your enthusiasm, but I don't really know if there's any artist that I would feel similarly about. I love Gucci, but that dude has done some truly awful shit, and there's no place I could or would want start to justify it. I don't think anyone should be defined by their mistakes, but justifying or minimizing those mistakes when someone makes them doesn't do that someone any favors. Criticising someone doesn't inherently mean you're wishing them ill. I think it's good to want to see people improve, but there's a difference between wanting someone to be happy and excusing them for doing bad and/or dumb shit, and tbh your posts on kodak seem less 'wanting to see him improve' and more 'trying to see the good in the bad' which comes off as a little naive and dismissive.

That said, empathy is an important and laudable trait, especially in the field you're pursuing. I think it's misplaced in this particular case, but if your approach affects the real world for the better, then I guess it's all good.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Drizzy thread is up. Hoping to see some of y'all in there as well as the dustheads that hate rap and only listen to Koji Kondo lmao

Vorheez

Oct 27, 2017
There's nothing wrong with that, and I can appreciate and relate to your enthusiasm, but I don't really know if there's any artist that I would feel similarly about. I love Gucci, but that dude has done some truly awful shit, and there's no place I could or would want start to justify it. I don't think anyone should be defined by their mistakes, but justifying or minimizing those mistakes when someone makes them doesn't do that someone any favors. Criticising someone doesn't inherently mean you're wishing them ill. I think it's good to want to see people improve, but there's a difference between wanting someone to be happy and excusing them for doing bad and/or dumb shit, and tbh your posts on kodak seem less 'wanting to see him improve' and more 'trying to see the good in the bad' which comes off as a little naive and dismissive.

That said, empathy is an important and laudable trait, especially in the field you're pursuing. I think it's misplaced in this particular case, but if your approach affects the real world for the better, then I guess it's all good.
The bold really resonated with me. Thank you for making this point, I will remember this in the future. Maybe not letting someone forget those mistakes is just as crucial to their development as anything else, and could be the difference between keeping them focused on moving forward as opposed to falling off (like Kodak). I also don't deny that my empathy and passion can be misguided, but the intention is only good. I just want to see everyone win, especially if they've had an impact on me personally. I was mad disappointed (even angry) with Kodak when I heard the news. I felt like he let us all down, but I ain't gonna give up on him because of that. He may be dumb sometimes but I see the good in his heart and hope he can someday overcome his obstacles. Only when he stops trying will I stop supporting him.

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The bold really resonated with me. Thank you for making this point, I will remember this in the future. Maybe not letting someone forget those mistakes is just as crucial to their development as anything else, and could be the difference between keeping them focused on moving forward as opposed to falling off (like Kodak). I also don't deny that my empathy and passion can be misguided, but the intention is only good. I just want to see everyone win, especially if they've had an impact on me personally. I was mad disappointed (even angry) with Kodak when I heard the news. I felt like he let us all down, but I ain't gonna give up on him because of that. He may be dumb sometimes but I see the good in his heart and hope he can someday overcome his obstacles. Only when he stops trying will I stop supporting him.
No problem, you seem like a well-intentioned guy and I thought it might be worth digging a little deeper. I appreciate you acknowledging that you're let down, earlier posts didn't really convey that and came across as a kind of apologia so thanks for chatting this out and being open to hearing me homie.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Really don't like the wordy shit about zoning laws and meditating to heavy metal but God's Plan got my subwoofer shaking my house.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Really don't like the wordy shit about zoning laws and meditating to heavy metal but God's Plan got my subwoofer shaking my house.

Seriously, there are lyrics relating to Zoning Laws?!?! Holy shit, I'm analyzing them to see if they are up to snuff.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
MEH. God's Plan sounds like one of 4 Drake tracks we've heard for the past two years. Got good bass tho.

Diplomatic has a fantastic beat but it depends heavy on his lyrics to deliver and again he's not singing, he's saying the same old and few quotable bars. Just nothing to grab on to here.

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If a drake single drops without becoming a meme, does anyone hear it?

Status
Not open for further replies.