• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 9145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd love for Vince Staples to come out and be the voice of reason

But I don't think he cares enough to be the ambassador we need

He warned us about Kanye too

I go in there, hug Kendall, say hi to the family. Kylie called me every other rapper that night. I think she know too many cause I never heard of none of these n*ggas. She took like 8 snaps with me cause she kept calling me the wrong rapper. Eventually, I finally get Kanye away from the rest of them and I'm about to start workin' on him. But I can't just say 'n**** you from Chicago tighten up.' I gotta butter it up. So I tell him I'm working on a concept EP about if the Panthers were here today. So I'm trying to talk about some Huey P. Newton speeches but Kanye just keeps sayin "yeah yeah yeah" in that white man voice. Like it's just…under while I'm talkin,' "yeah yeah yeah." I guess that's what he say now when he's into something. But it just got in my head. I just started picturing Huey P sayin' "yeah yeah yeah" onstage and I couldn't focus. I started talkin' to him about his daughter's shoes but that somehow turned into a conversation about what would happen if Machiavelli owned Facebook.

So we go to the dining room for dinner. I volunteer to say grace. I started but they're like – wait – we have to get the cameras ready. So they get their phones out, all the women start angling for the right picture on their phones…the food getting' cold. Rob come downstairs, get a plate then take it back upstairs. They finally get their angles. Then Kim say "1,2,3, play" and just say "that's exactly what I mean!" and laughs. Then the whole family just starts laughing with her and they act like they were talking all along. It was hella quiet just 30 seconds ago. I'm like oh, sh*t they really faked a whole family conversation for the camera! They took one bite of the food, turned the cameras off and left the dining room.

I was like gotta go cuz. It ain't nothin' real goin on in there. I was hungry but then I really got scared of the food. I started thinking about that picture of James Harden with Khloe like what is in them mashed potatoes? I snuck out, took an Uber down to Roscoe's and tried to forget about it. Just pray for Ye, cuz."

http://priceless-press.com/vince-staples-kardashians-kanye-west/

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love for Vince Staples to come out and be the voice of reason

But I don't think he cares enough to be the ambassador we need

He warned us about Kanye too

http://priceless-press.com/vince-staples-kardashians-kanye-west/

^That's a fake story.

Quoting priceless Press.

FZZ you right, but you fucking dumb.
081.gif

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Saviors of hip hop are probably gonna be women and lgbts.

It damn sure won't be Drake or Cole or Kenny.

If Hip Hop gets a #metoo movement, the past is gonna get annihilated. Like at least the whole 90s scene is cooked, and probably late 80s.

Even some of the nicer legends.

And to be clear, they fucking deserve it. For a better tomorrow.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I gotta get out my shitty hot takes and fake quotes before the draft

this the only safe haven I got

and shooting FTs like Lonzo*****

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017

If Hip Hop gets a #metoo movement, the past is gonna get annihilated. Like at least the whole 90s scene is cooked, and probably late 80s.

You might be on to something...

PlayDat

Oct 25, 2017

Abusive legends off the top of my head:
Pun
Pac
Dre
Nas
Russell Simmons

New school cats and older non-legends, I don't fuck with anymore:
Nelly
Kodak Black
Freddie Gibbs
Big Sean

Probably waaay more out there.

Dammit, people. Listen to Noname, Little Simz, Cardi, Rapsody, Nitty, basically any women with twice the talent and half the exposure of any of these mumble dudes.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite NYC memory is walking back from a screening of "Good Time" at midnight with that score playing in my head.

Happy 0PN won that award at Cannes for it.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Pattinson has done one of the bigger glo ups in recent memory. Gone from some dude who died in Goblet of Fire and a werewolf dude from Twilight to starring in weird arthouse and auteur driven films

RedEye

Oct 25, 2017
Brockhampton gon save us by dropping 6 more albums this year. Forreal tho i think they got the most potential outta all these new niggas

PhoenixDark

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
White House
Hip hop doesn't need to be "saved." My only semi-major concern is that we seem to be entering a "nu metal" equivalent phase of edgelord shit, but even that won't last. Yet even still, there's so much good-to-great stuff being released at varying levels.

I agree a #metoo movement would hit hip hop hard...but the same can be said of every genre of music; imagine what would happen if we got a #metoo movement on rock. Wouldn't be good, to put it lightly.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man these UK rappers with this phrase always bugs me out "How can a girl be rude and dead"
Dead just means not attractive. "she's dead she ain't got no tits or arse" 'her personality is dead, she boring a fuck'

Ayy oooo hold up I didn't watch the whole video I just thought she was talking about them getting fucked up on alcohol the whole time and Nas being a drunken... Didn't know the other stuff. My bad.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
As a New Yorker it absolutely does...

I'm a New Yorker too and I miss the rap I most connected with, but I don't think that style is coming back anytime soon.

In general there is so much good rap out there from all over and in all styles that overall it needs no saving. Hip hop dominates the charts and airwaves. You want a particular sound or style? It's out there.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Rap is so broad and wide and interesting right now. If you can't find something you like thats recent/modern you're lazy. Absolutely no excuse when bandcamp and soundcloud are right there and filled with artists making every kind of thing under the sun.

How can you be passionate about something and do none of the work?

Status
Not open for further replies.