• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Okay what are the top BONES projects? Feel like I've ignored him a long time because he drops 12 goddamn projects a year.

toku HiResDes Courage Cheddahz

Think those are the fan boys since Biz isn't around.
overcast
Ones I go back to the most in no particular order:
Skinny (probably my personal favorite and #1 if I had to choose, and the one that made me fan)
Garbage (up there with Skinny for me, 2014 was a good era for Bones)
Deadboy
Powder (really good)
Useless (really good more recent era bones)

Collabs/EPs of note:
YouShouldHaveSeenHerFace
SongThatRemindYouofHome (Collab with Dylan Ross, really good and has one of my favorite bones or bones featured track, "They Ivy")

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
Another listen of Armand Hammer, another quote

My alarm clock is black children playing in the park
Every nigga's a star
Crowdfunded constellation burned keloid scar
Oh, he go hard, the young gods bark
The universe is a cardsharp, my new studio's a smart car
Had a dream I gifted Nardwuar some Carhartt
To spark a heart most toxic, hock spit
Blast my way out, gut full of rock shrimp
With much vigor to the rhythm of bodybag zipper swipes
Never paid the asking price, double down on paradise

l6ZVpAj.gif

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
I think the new Armand Hammer is perhaps even better lyrically than Race Music? Maybe.

I like Race Music's production more though.

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
did earl live up to his hype since he's been out? i really need to go back and listen to all of his stuff.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
did earl live up to his hype since he's been out? i really need to go back and listen to all of his stuff.

Doris is pretty good. I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside was one of my favourites of 2015 and is one of the tightest and focused projects in recent years. I feel like he lived up to his hype from an artistic standpoint, but probably not commercially or buzz wise.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doris is pretty good. I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside was one of my favourites of 2015 and is one of the tightest and focused projects in recent years. I feel like he lived up to his hype from an artistic standpoint, but probably not commercially or buzz wise.
I think that sums it up pretty well. To me IDLSIDGO is the work where he really lived up to his potential. As far as commercial success, I think the ceiling on Odd Future was actually a lot lower than people thought it was when they first blew up, but Earl never even seemed interested in broad fame anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
Reverie & Louden - Satori

Oh this is from 7 months ago. I have a feeling this is going to be bad. I stopped fucking with her since Russian Roulette. Woolgathering before that was bad, but I gave her one last chance with Russian Roulette, but that was pretty bad too. Watched a couple music videos here and there after that, but didn't like anything I heard. Seems like she got buddy buddy with Gav now, but Gav seems to have gone downhill too which is a shame because her first two albums were great.

I just realized I didn't listen to the new Ivan Ave. On it right now and the first track was chill. I missed on last year's on that was great so I'm correcting this mistake and listening to this one. He's added to the list of good white rappers.

PlayDat

Oct 25, 2017

Oh this is from 7 months ago. I have a feeling this is going to be bad. I stopped fucking with her since Russian Roulette. Woolgathering before that was bad, but I gave her one last chance with Russian Roulette, but that was pretty bad too. Watched a couple music videos here and there after that, but didn't like anything I heard. Seems like she got buddy buddy with Gav now, but Gav seems to have gone downhill too which is a shame because her first two albums were great.

I just realized I didn't listen to the new Ivan Ave. On it right now and the first track was chill. I missed on last year's on that was great so I'm correcting this mistake and listening to this one. He's added to the list of good white rappers.

I'm gonna have to give it a spins, but I'm not blown away by Satori either. The title song is nice though. I been meaning to give Gavlyn a try.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Uhh, the production on this Jaden album is dope. Rapping is corny though. Reminds me of Because the Internet.

WanderingWind

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how to deal with a world that allowed Gucci Gang make it to number 2 on the charts. And the dude above him is Post Malone. 2017 was a whole entire mistake.

WanderingWind

Oct 27, 2017
...and NF is a white dude who looks like he walked off the extras set of a B-tier Marvel TV show? What the fuck is happening.

RedEye

Oct 25, 2017
Uhh, the production on this Jaden album is dope. Rapping is corny though. Reminds me of Because the Internet.
yea some of jadens bar are kinda cringy but sonically i really like SYRE especially BLUE, Lost Boy, Icon, and George Jeff. He does remind me of Gambino and Ye a lot throughout the project to.
I still need to listen to the new KRIT and Cyhi. Ive heard both are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.