• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedEye

Oct 25, 2017
i can never fw ka's rhyme scheme his lyrics are always potent as hell tho. ill give this new one a shot

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Slime Language is pretty bad; a few bangers I'm happy to add to the endless Thugga collection but his labelmates suck lol

Donny Womack keeping me wavy tho

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IT GOES, OOOOHHH IT GOOOEEEEEES HAAAARD

bf423dd536fb4c184584b9f2595fed25.gif

giphy.gif

Storm Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When heard, emotions was stirred cuz was never shook
Had to wait, it didn't marinate, let it cook
All seasons...more war, more grievance
Taut chef, impressions that'll question your allegiance
Can you rep it if it's seperate from your credence?
Come relax with the God instead of flexing with the heathens

tenor.gif

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize this was released under a different name. Was wondering if ka dodged Spotify.

Also, Slime Language sucks.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I dunno. Kendrick and J Cole are bigger commercially than any of the biggest 90's Native Tongues/Conscious Rap cats even were though, no? Gangster Rap and mindless Club/Radio Rap was topping the charts in the 90's too and it wasn't just Nas, Tribe, & Co. Or is he only talking about the 80's? I guess then it's kinda a valid point, though I'm not an expert on the 80's.

RedEye

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I dunno. Kendrick and J Cole are bigger commercially than any of the biggest 90's Native Tongues/Conscious Rap cats even were though, no? Gangster Rap and mindless Club/Radio Rap was topping the charts in the 90's too and it wasn't just Nas, Tribe, & Co. Or is he only talking about the 80's? I guess then it's kinda a valid point, though I'm not an expert on the 80's.

True, i guess hes just saying we need more Kendricks and Coles and the market is more saturated now even though it was back then too. I thought it was interesting he said rap could burn out like disco when rap has constantly been reinventing itself like every decade.
I think i just understand his frustration with seeing niggas get shot for stupid shit still, but that seems more like a societal beef than blaming it on this current gen of rap.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Rap is pop and the dominant global music genre now. That's something we're all still learning how to unpack, and why people like Post Malone are important to pay attention to.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean the rap is going the same way rock and roll did and most popular music genres go through. Is just being Amplified because of social media and the changing business. The wackness and the generic stuff becomes the norm while the unique stuff goes by the wayside.

Last edited:

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
I mean the rap is going the same way rock and roll did and most popular music genres go through. Is just being Amplified because of social media and the changing business. The wackness and the generic stuff becomes the norm while the unique stuff goes by the wayside.
But the Native Tongues/Conscious/Rawkus/Underground shit wasn't the norm back in the 90's/00's either. There was a lot of crap that was the most popular. Don't see the difference now. We just have more music in general and thus also more crap, but still tons of great music if you look for it.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I have to listen to Ka stoned someday. He needed a while for me to click years ago when you guys were hyping him up, but I can see why it's dope when you're in the mood for that sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.