• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
brehs...these lines:

Fuck Christina with a plastic spoon
While I bump some G-Funk and blast some Snoop
'Cause her double g-cups are massive, huge!
It's fun for me just to grab a boob
Plus my penis got an attitude
My fuckin' Weiner's in a combative mood
Come and suck a mean one like it's mad at you
I speak tongue and cheek, what you asslicks do
'Cause you love to eat butt, it's sad but true

man is 46 and has daughters lmfao

Man almost broke out that "We live in a society"

gamers rise up.

Pet Rock

Mar 14, 2018
I think for a lot of people, Eminem is their "Baby's First Hip-Hopper" and then his influence gets overstated, and yeah, there's a racial component to it of course because a lot of these same folk were ignoring non-white lyrical rappers before them or they didn't get exposed to those artists because of racist radio.

But I think because he did come out of the gate lyrical, it did pave the way for a more mainstream acceptance/awareness of lyrical rap, and in terms of that more mainstream lane, sure, Em is significant. But rappers were doing it before him, kept doing it, and are still doing it, and significant names have been doing it from jump.

Maybe it took a white dude to get racist America to be more ok with it, and that's impactful yes. Maybe The Roots/Black Thought never get to be the band for the Tonight Show, for example. But Black Thought was doing his thing before the Tonight Show and Em and been doing it, of course.

But as time passes, I don't think Em's peak output (while great to me, let me say for the record) will be considered extra significant by hip-hop historians when it comes to breaking ground musically compared to other eras. Like, it won't be or (shouldn't be, anyway) considered similarly to the coming of Rakim or Illmatic, for example.

Not saying it ain't worthy of some recognition, but lyrically game changing, nah, not like that. Em was just another part of that branch that extended from Rakim but who propelled to mega success for obvious reasons on top of his supreme skill.

And to Em's credit, he shouts out his peers and precursors who are supremely talented themselves and who, all things being equal, deserve more recognition then they get, like say, Pharoahe Monch.

Last edited:

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Told this chick she's hot as Jada Pinkett
And just stared 'til I made her think it
Said, "Maybe we should just get married."
She's facing me, I placed my feet with my hips square
Tell her, "Turn around," spread her legs for me, then I hit bare
Leave her stretched out like a baby T-shirt on Ric Flair
As I ripped her, anal beads in a split rear
Spray Febreze in the chick's hair
Make her wheeze tryna get air
I played for keeps, there's no escaping me, I have a bitch scared
And chained to me, and throw away the key
And she'll be so afraid to leave
That even if she ends up breaking free she'll just sit there
Tryin' to scrape up enough courage and strength to get up
It's impossible like rapin' a slut

And this has little to do with bein' gay, boy
It's just where the wordplay's goin'
But ain't much I can say or do
'Cause ain't no excuse, the way I go at you faggots

giphy.gif

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Peanut and Riot! were the only songs recorded after his father died and they hit me really hard everytime coming off that song that samples his parents.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
New earl sweatshirt sucks. Doris is a hundred times better.

Can this trend of releasing half-baked projects on purpose die already?

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Not a fan of strip clubs, but I would pay a DJ to play WONDO and watch the girls dance while I throw thousands of dollars, that I need to finance my own college and education, all over the place

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

He literally spent 3 years on this album.

He mentions he started this project in 2015, so this literally cannot be half-baked.

If you don't like, you don't, but, like Dereck said, if you want "Doris"-era Earl, you'll always have "Doris." Let him switch up his style.

Dec 18, 2017

There's a difference between completion and accessibility. Earl's new album is complete. Weird? Yes. Kinda inaccessible? Yes. Catered to a specific taste? Definitely. But I would never call it half-baked. The thing has clearly been very intentionally crafted and paced for the trance-like headspace it exists in.

Maybe if I wasn't in weird experimental jazz/electronic phase, I wouldn't fuck with it as much as I have. But again, I'd say it's the furthest thing from half-baked, especially if you've been tracking the various artists he's been drawing from and their own recent releases.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
By half-baked I mean poorly mixed, quiet vocals, shit like that. The album would be so much better if it were mixed properly and Earl's voice was louder in comparison to the beats.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
I really don't know If I can get past the mixing on this earl album. Makes it so hard for me to hear wtf he's saying. I know there's something there but it's covered by so much noise.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Are you guys must be listening to a bad rip or something? everything sounds loud and clear to me. I mean obviously not like top 40 mega produced hits, but the aesthetic is on point and it sounds fine to me.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Songs like December 24 and The Mint I'm cool with. Songs like Azucar I feel like I gotta have a lyric sheet up.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
mfs on this goofy website ripping "MUMBLE RAP" to shreds but still got their DC Shoes Caps, AXE spray, and Halo graphic tee on while stanning Eminem's dusty ass in 2018. no cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.