• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
lost legends this year.

44465247_323295108222573_6933011354989768452_n.jpg
Too young. Both of them

edit: jesus mobile Era posting is rough. Sorry for doublep

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's smart, but I have no patience for that.

In other news, Jimi Hendrix and Otis Redding are good!

And I'm warming up to 777 and 7.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
Milo currently makes the music that I thought Earl was going to be making by this point.

I thought Earl would make beats that sounded like Jeremiah Jae but he didn't end up going that route.

Earl Sweatshirt - Some Rap Songs is an amalgamation of post-DOOM, Mach-Hommy, Captain Murphy, MIKE depression raps but what's distinct is that Earl made something else out of his influences instead of just copying other people.

Earl understands how to formulate a song with potent lyrics without having to make a spectacle out of his rapping, like DOOM.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
Earl did a radio show with solange a while back and earl talked a lot about his philosophies on song length & brevity in rap & they talk about stuff like whack world and new patek. everything earl talks about definitely rings true on his new project. the whole show is a great listen, but i've timestamped the song length discussion below

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
Earl did a radio show with solange a while back and earl talked a lot about his philosophies on song length & brevity in rap & they talk about stuff like whack world and new patek. everything earl talks about definitely rings true on his new project. the whole show is a great listen, but i've timestamped the song length discussion below

Good looks bro, thanks I'll check this out later

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a thread about the new Meek that dropped? I lurk in here but couldn't find anyone discussing it. I think it fucking goes. Love the new shit Meek's on about the judicial system and prison reform. They said it on the Joe Budden Podcast, but damn I always overlooked how good Meek is at storytelling in his music. And all the features are well utilized. Good stuff all around.

Courier 7

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Milo currently makes the music that I thought Earl was going to be making by this point.

I thought Earl would make beats that sounded like Jeremiah Jae but he didn't end up going that route.

Earl Sweatshirt - Some Rap Songs is an amalgamation of post-DOOM, Mach-Hommy, Captain Murphy, MIKE depression raps but what's distinct is that Earl made something else out of his influences instead of just copying other people.

Earl understands how to formulate a song with potent lyrics without having to make a spectacle out of his rapping, like DOOM.

Good way of putting it. Since you mention Milo, your post reminds me of this line off of "call + form (picture)" - in this society of spectacle, it's the shoe bomber that's waltzing through.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
RIP to those we lost on the way to 2.0.
We buried them at sunset on the Tekashi Hill they died on

Last edited:

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Showing up as the album with 30 second previews for each song when you click on 'em. Pretty novel, skeptical it'll have much real utility though.

Courier 7

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Man, I've been sleeping on JID. Just checked out DiCaprio 2 because of the hype and I'm feeling it. Any other notable projects I should check out besides going back and checking the first part of this series?

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Yeezy, Yeezy, 🐻 what's good? 😂😂👍🏻👍🏻 It's your boy Max B 😎, what's going on? 😉 Just checking ✔✔ in on you 😁 Appreciate the love and support ❤❤ The wave 🌊 is here 💪🏻 You a wavey 🌊 dude 😂 anyway, so you already know 💯 Ain't no ❌ problem, man, the game 🎤... You 🐻 already know how this game thing goes ⬆ Do your wave n**** 🌊 You got the official wave ©🌊© man Just, just doing you... 😆 Doing you 🙃, doing your wave 🌊🌊 And keep it loopy 🔄, I know you're going to keep it loopy🔁 man ✌🏻 Shoutout, 📣 just shout you out 📢 Hollering at you man, it's all love ❤❤❤ I appreciate the... the energy 🌟 And we here 👯, hit the town 🏪, we do something big 😮 We gonna make a big tsunami 🌊🌊 up in the joint 😂 You already know what it is, ahh 😀 Silver Surfer 🏄🏾🌊 Silver Surfer in the flesh 🏄🏾🌊 Silver surfer in the flesh Max B 😎 shoutout to Yeezy 🐻 What's good 👍🏻👍🏻, I see you 😏 It's love ❤❤ appreciate it 👍🏻 It's honor ✊🏻, appreciate it 🌊Ugh, wavey, baby, yeah 🌊

c043y

Oct 25, 2017
Normally not into non-UK grime, but this not bad. I like the verses but the hook I dunno.

dope that you're feeling it. I'm not aware of any Grime that isn't from London/UK besides Tre (maybe my man Damndef in Korea? haha.) Tre been on the scene damn near 10 years but this is his first solo video since Gang, for anyone who's never heard it:

Status
Not open for further replies.