• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
Its not strange, just unexpected.

Two polarizing individuals whose fandoms alternate between hailing their genius and deriding their bullshit are going to meet. It's going to be a shitshow.
Again, it is not unexpected for Kanye(Who is also developing a game)to meet with another creator who so happens to be in the same City as him. This is Networking 101. Is not like is the Pope asking for a meetup.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again, it is not unexpected for Kanye(Who is also developing a game)to meet with another creator who so happens to be in the same City as him. This is Networking 101. Is not like is the Pope asking for a meetup.
Kanye's game has been in development hell for the better part of 2 years now? Besides that, yeah, it's not surprising he wants to meet Kojima, just funny. I particularly enjoy the Kojima fans who are in shambles.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017

hHIxQ1n.gif

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
That Kanye Kojkma thread has delivered :

"And what instruments does he play? He can't even sing.

What I'm trying to point out that if your defintion of musical genius is Kanye West, then the bar is pretty damn low
."

There needs to be a stickied thread of "Horrible takes on music from Gaming Era"

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018

What I'm trying to point out that if your defintion of musical genius is Kanye West, then the bar is pretty damn low
."

There needs to be a stickied thread of "Horrible takes on music from Gaming Era"

You better leave Stayce, Misa, Lance, Kaylee, Connie, Debbie, and Donald out of this

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What I'm trying to point out that if your defintion of musical genius is Kanye West, then the bar is pretty damn low."

You better leave Stayce, Misa, Lance, Kaylee, Connie, Debbie, and Donald out of this
See the funny thing about that post is that many of the great artists of all time don't play instruments and even if they do a lot of them aren't outstanding at them.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Why do people keep on holding up the standards of Rock music as the most important criteria for being a musician?

I think most people probably look at rap the same way they look at electronic producers. They don't understand rapping or beat making as skills. Seeing some guy shredding on a guitar is way easier for a layperson to judge than a well produced song.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't think that's all of the way fair. I think a lot of ERA probably listens to shitloads of pop and rock music where in the modern era you are trying your hardest to sound like you don't care about playing. Whereas anime and metal it's like the opposite. You want everyone to know how much you've practiced. You don't think the same thing is happening with rap music with Jay-Z criticizing modern day Billboard charts?

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Any thoughts on the new Kodak album? I like a lot of Kodak songs and the guy has a natural talent for melodies and song writing, is this the project to check out?

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't mind some of it. But the play and scream as fast as you can type stuff I'm cool with. If I wouldn't listen to it in my normal listening sessions chances are I'm not gonna like it in my television shows either.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"what instruments does he play" is one of those ol' chestnuts that gets lobbed at rappers anytime someone wants to cryptoracistly shit on hip-hop, but it's particularly hilarious to bring it up against Kanye, one of the most prolific producers of his era and a guy with hours of footage of him in the studio playing keys floating around

See the funny thing about that post is that many of the great artists of all time don't play instruments and even if they do a lot of them aren't outstanding at them.
case in point; one of our generations greatest voices can't play guitar!

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I remember when people used to shit on kanye for sampling daft punk, not realizing daft punk sampled a track for that record. Fun times.

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember when people used to shit on kanye for sampling daft punk, not realizing daft punk sampled a track for that record. Fun times.
this would drive me up the fucking wall, especially since almost every memorable riff on Discovery is a looped sample with house drums. grrr

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
People should be sad that people basically can't create fully sampled based music anymore. An album like Paul's Boutique could only be a free mixtape at this point.

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
this would drive me up the fucking wall, especially since almost every memorable riff on Discovery is a looped sample with house drums. grrr
Or the fact that everyone and their moms copied Tom Petty riffs and song structure. Great thing about Petty is that he didn't care. This is a forum that thinks only good pop music comes from Korea.

This a forum that only mentions Hip-Hop music from the golden era or shit from Adult Swim as a pass to say "hey, I know hip hop. This new shit is wack" is so predictable on what artist they are going to mention you cannot even do a drinking game about it because you would blackout.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017

Lmaoo
Just saw Roma at a theater. What a good movie.
Yeah. Technical masterpiece even if the family elements don't hit with some.
Second best of the year after The Favourite.

Speaking of movies, yall should see Vox Lux. Very clearly and director - admittedly based on Kanye. Audience booed at the end of my screening but fuck the unwashed masses amiright?
The Favourite is top 3 I think. Haven't put it together. Definitely watching Vox Lux in the next week since it just hit my theater. Didn't know it was inspired by Ye's character?

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Second best of the year after The Favourite.

Speaking of movies, yall should see Vox Lux. Very clearly and director - admittedly based on Kanye. Audience booed at the end of my screening but fuck the unwashed masses amiright?
who boos a movie lol? did you see it at a festival or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.