• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I personally don't feel very strongly about any of the artists mentioned. I don't actually dislike any of the albums. Just putting Ella mai of 6lack on an album of the year list is comedy. Like what the fuck are these people even listening to

Snazz

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I've realised I don't care about a lot of the rappers beyond their music. Like reading that article about Kool AD from Das Racist, ehh sure it's bad for the women involved but all I care about is I can listen to Das Racist and enjoy their music. I mean just because they're both apparently assholes, it doesn't stop Rainbows In The Dark being an absolute banger.

There are a few rappers whose personal lives I do care about, e.g. Tyler The Creator, but so many of them I'm happy to just listen to their music and not know "whats going on" in hip-hop news.

I've not always felt like this though. I used to be a hip-hop fiend, feasting on every news website I could get my eyes on. Not sure what changed but I definitely stopped caring somewhere down the line. I used to listen to about ten random mixtapes a week too, usually from mixfiend, but I cba with that anymore either. I used to download them all, tag them properly, put them on my phone and listen to them really deeply on the bus. Found some great music that way that I wouldn't have ever heard otherwise. Nowadays I just stick spotify on in the car and barely take it in a lot of the time.

Strange feeling like this - well strange to only realise it now - because 2018 has been absolutely mega in terms of albums and music output. But I won't bother reading about the lives and goings on of those who make them; not anymore.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
What is happening?

jn0oYHj.jpg

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
why tory wanna die

i hope royce keeps the rocket launchers away from social media this time.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
this must be the third time i ask this, but why a new OT? 🤔 there is no page limit here anymore.

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Here are a few suggestions from earlier in the thread:

Hip-Hop Era |OT2| Ages 13+
Hip-Hop Era |OT2 Stop Trying to Make "Clout" Happen
Hip-Hop Era |OT2| For the Kulture
Hip-Hop Era |OT2| My Stummy Hurt
Hip-Hop Era |OT2| FZZ was right
Hip-Hop Era |OT2| - she put the fish in in my glove and then I freaked it
Hip-Hop Era |OT2| 69eatingicecream.gif
Hip-Hop Era |OT2| I been poppin' pills since I was seven
Hip-Hop Era |OT2| Goose and Fish season
Hip-Hop Era |OT2| A Safe Space for Pedophile Stans

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Snazz

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Just spent 10 minutes scrolling through google images of 6ix9ine.

"I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothing" but the man's attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.