• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Does this thread show up in anyones Watched Threads? I'm only seeing Video Game shit.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Who is this JID dude? Kinda sounds like Kendrick to me. Really liking decaprio 2. What does hip hop era think?

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
The more I listen to some rap songs honestly the more impressed. Like it's weird to say it but it's probably the most... poetic Earl has been. Like less complex rhyme scheme wise but with more of a poetic storytelling style.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
JID doesn't sound like Kendrick to me. Anderson sounds more like him to me, but mostly because of the nasally voices

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The more I listen to some rap songs honestly the more impressed. Like it's weird to say it but it's probably the most... poetic Earl has been. Like less complex rhyme scheme wise but with more of a poetic storytelling style.
i know what you mean. the rhyme schemes aren't as technical as his earlier work (no pun intended) eg EARL, but it feels a lot more 'dense' in a way

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
scattered thoughts

Earl album is good but worse than Doris and IDLSIDGO.

JID album is fantastic. So excited to see where he goes from here.

Meek album is solid. There's some filler, and I think Dreams Worth More Than Money is better, but when it hits it HITS. Jay verse might be VOTY.

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you can see how many posts you've made in a thread if you hover over the TCs avatar on your watched threads page now. still no wall of shame to consult, though. i'm sad to report i'm personally responsible for over seven pages of this thread

Oct 25, 2017
This shit looks even worse on desktop lmao. God damn

you can see how many posts you've made in a thread if you hover over the TCs avatar on your watched threads page now. still no wall of shame to consult, though. i'm sad to report i'm personally responsible for over seven pages of this thread
354/1589 in this thread

I actually haven't seen many people's thoughts on the Ski Mask album. what's the word?
Lower highs than some of his other projects, but it's the most consistent in a while

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
ITs decent. Ski is trying to diversify his beats and what he can do, but unfortunately it isn't resonating with me.

That being said, cover art is top 5 this year.
Screen-Shot-2018-12-03-at-8-29-02-PM.png

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
stray 'related threads' observations:
a) if there's an awards topic this year can we just keep it itt please
b) RIP PlayDat

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
scattered thoughts

Earl album is good but worse than Doris and IDLSIDGO.

JID album is fantastic. So excited to see where he goes from here.

Meek album is solid. There's some filler, and I think Dreams Worth More Than Money is better, but when it hits it HITS. Jay verse might be VOTY.

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha, check out the bizarre (Ah)
Rappin' style used by me, the H-O-V

🔥🔥🔥🙌🏾🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
First time I've been able to get on the site in like 24 hours. New layout actually isn't bad.

New Jid and Earl have been in heavy rotation.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
"Championships" (title track) is a ridiculous beat, man. Meek really went on there too. My favorite song on the album even with Jay-Z's incredible verse on "What's Free."

Last edited:

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I wanted to listen to WTT today.

It's not on Spotify.

I wanted to rip my WTT CD.

Neither of my computers have CD players.

Help.

What's a CD?

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to listen to WTT today.

It's not on Spotify.

I wanted to rip my WTT CD.

Neither of my computers have CD players.

Help.

What's a CD?
Wow, you might as well get in the grave, grandpa.

Well, let's just say it isn't hard to find what you want on the internet. Also, I think "SRS" clicked with me. I really really dig it. Even though I initially wanted something closer to "Doris", I now really enjoy whatever we got. The loops are "coiled tight" (like he mentioned in Vulture") and his rapping just adds another layer to his instrumentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.